Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DYRWWFM (Part: 2)

Revel72

(DYRWWFM = Do You Remember When We First Met. [It is a bit too long to use in tittle so I came up with that]

ID: Pyefa 'Pilot' Genda

Code name:

Biology: Human.

Height: 189 cm.

Weight: 147 kg.

We arrived to my established home what I created by using scavenged and my deceased friend's made robots. First there is a cave as entrance. Requiring a code to get past without security getting activated. The Trinity is still following me. I had sent my ship to land to place where it should be at this sector I had inserted the code "So... What's your name?" Trinity asked. I thought a moment "Pyefa 'Pilot' Genda" I said "My name is Mirage" Mirage said "That is a good name. Better than my own" I said and went inside Trinity walking right next to of me. "You are ashamed of your name?" Mirage asked "I was orphan. Name just stuck" I said "Ah... Do you know your real name?" Mirage asked "No" I said.

We walk in cave what has really dim lighting. "Is your home completely a cave?" Mirage asked "It isn't. We are soon at next door" I said as we soon got to next door what I unlocked. We could say that for a tired person. Behind the door is normal looking apartment. "That cave is designed to be a tunnel of death?" Mirage asked "For my enemies" I said "What I am to you then?" Mirage asked "Possibility" I said "How nice..." Mirage said sounding a bit grim "It wasn't my choice that you follow me" I said "True" Mirage said sounding a bit more perked up. I went to sit down in living room and opened a radio also communications in case somebody needs a mercenary.

I sat down on couch and started to sort the bullets of my rifle's magazines. Mirage sat down next to of me but I didn't say or react to it in anyway. "Are you always spending your time in here like this?" Mirage asked "Typical house hold tasks, sorting bullets, listening what is going on in galaxy, taking a nap, check up on electronics and resources, listening political BS between Grineer and Corpus and wait for getting a contract" I said "What are the typical house hold tasks?" Mirage asked "Cleaning, making food and washing things what I use" I said. There was nothing in communications so I closed it.

I was done on sorting the bullets in to magazines I got up and went to place my weapons in to place where I keep them and went to wear something else. Mirage was still sitting in couch as I went to lie down on bed it has bedspread. Mirage came to me and laid down next to of me. I was somewhat surprised still that she trusts me. I didn't even ask after all she did say that she doesn't want to be alone "Are you always so lonely?" Mirage asked "Just not this time" I said "You upset about it?" Mirage asked "Not really. It doesn't hurt if something goes differently. As long as there are no consequences" I said. "I partly felt I was bothering you" Mirage said.

"You aren't bothering me but the questions do" I said "You don't want people know about you so much?" Mirage asked "Exactly" I said "You sound like you have quite troubling past" Mirage said "I do. I am Ex Commando Captain of Grineer military. I think that should be enough to you to get a first picture what kind of stuff I have had to go through" I said "Understood" Mirage said as gave it a thought and hugged me. I sighed "You didn't want this?" Mirage asked "I never said anything like that but... I feel like that people shouldn't bother feeling empathy towards me" I said.

"You are not a broken man. You are not bathing in your own past" Mirage said "Except constantly remembering time what I had with my old girl friend" I said "Are you drinking because of that?" Mirage asked "No. Those who does drink to cover and smear away their sorrows are weak" I said "That is the attitude I wanted to hear. You are not like every mercenary I have met though" Mirage said "I know to who I work, I know the job, I know who I kill and I know how to get out" I said "So you assassinated Corpus leaders back in your days?" Mirage asked "That and back then there was a rebellion middle of Grineer" I said.

"You helped to end it. That made Grineer stronger is that what you are ashamed off?" Mirage asked "Not really. Life is not easy if you expect it to be. It is just expected that your end will be the same" I said "That is quite cold" Mirage said "I have killed more soldiers and people than you can imagine. I was my team's ace in piloting a ship, infiltration, assassination, marksmanship and sharpshooting" I said "Have you ever fought a Tenno?" Mirage asked "Fought but not killed. One of the most respectable enemies in one on one blade or blunt combat on my part. Including you" I said.

"You are not going to attack me?" Mirage asked "No unless you provoke me to it" I said "Formal way of saying if I decide to attempt to stab you on the back?" Mirage asked "Exactly" I said "Such a charming fellow you are" Mirage said in somewhat upset tone. "Last word on my literature to describe myself after you know couple things about my history" I said "So tell me then what other things you have done" Mirage said sounding normal "I was few times tasked for peacekeeping in Grineer civilians. I had my team with me. We were on the roofs staring down below us at the civilians" I said.

Remembering like I am there again "Civilians were having an argument what was beginning getting out of the hands. Soon as I saw first sign of psychical aggression. I gave my team order to open fire at all fight attempting people. We were using riot rounds. Complete rubber rounds. Head shots, shots on chests, shots on legs, sides of wrists and shoulders. We had silenced the riot everybody in my team and I. Only using one magazine of riot rounds for sniper rifles. Civilians attempted to scatter. I commanded them to stand still, kneel and put hands behind their necks. Grineer police forces came and cleaned up the mess" I said.

"You have good memory" Mirage said "I can even recall my training if you want or when I first time got to use my own armor" I said "What other things are unique to you?" Mirage asked "I think much faster than standard human, reflexes are three times faster than ordinary person, I can tell from somebody's position of body when this is going to draw a weapon or he is telling a lie. I hear much more in detail things than anybody else. My appearance in battle field will halt the most wildest berserker and drive even most professional person nervous but for my allies I am a symbol of courage and possibility" I said.

"Grineer made a super soldier out of you. In the way you are" Mirage said "Indeed. I am thankful but same time. I somewhat despise the Grineer. They just look for a good fight and I with them on that but putting people in to suits who can not handle a fight is not the way" I said "Weird that a mercenary speaks about something like that" Mirage said "I am not your average stereotypical mercenary. I am just a person who wanted to live this own life to the end. I have defeated every other special one in open one on one combat. Killed those who had went too far and spared those who had their mind still in one piece and might come useful later on" I said.

"Do you know anything about my kind?" Mirage asked "Only what I have heard. Common knowledge" I said "Odd that Lotus hasn't found about about you" Mirage said "I wiped my name out of all data bases possible where my name was in. I am nothing more than dust in a wind to Lotus. Only a rumor" I said. "Good at hacking also... You would..." Mirage said and went silent for some reason "I would what?" I asked "You would be great friend to me" Mirage said. I was able to tell from her voice and position she currently has that she lies but I don't have time to pursue those "Sure... Whatever you say" I said.

She is a nice person but... There is something about her bothering me. For now telling only things what shouldn't be so big in her angle.