Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime post-18.10.4 Feedback

OniDax

DE, please change Excal Prime one more time. Make the helmet stripes their original tint, and make that middle tint the same color as the back/butt. Please. Then it'll be good. Because right now, it's really odd. 

Again, basically, swap the 2nd and 3rd tints on the helmet. Then it'll be perfect. Either that or just revert it.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Got pics? I'm curious what people are referring to, I only ever use default colors on Prime unless I'm useing proto-skin.

s6yKwjB.jpg

As you know the gray frontal area on the helm should be white.

Edited by NightmareT12

6 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Ok, so they changed that because people wanted to be able to recolor the horn, but I guess it's hurting other color channels now too?  What does it effect if you put the horn to white?

It's color 2. Let's see:

M2mjPTg.jpg

Not sure if you're on the design council, but there was a voting with Option A and Option B. Right now we have Option A with Option B helmet (I think).

Where it hurts the most is in defaults colors. Which is my preferred choice.

Edited by NightmareT12

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

s6yKwjB.jpg

As you know the gray frontal area on the helm should be white.

And the stripes on the helmet should be gray like the stripes, instead they're paired with the grey on the back of the frame.

1 minute ago, AntoineFlemming said:

And the stripes on the helmet should be gray like the stripes, instead they're paired with the grey on the back of the frame.

Ah, wait, that's what you meant. lel.

Yeah, the darker tone should be the one on the farthest point of his face.

My default Excali face though :(

9 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's color 2. Let's see:

M2mjPTg.jpg

Not sure if you're on the design council, but there was a voting with Option A and Option B. Right now we have Option A with Option B helmet (I think).

Where it hurts the most is in defaults colors. Which is my preferred choice.

Yeah, I am, and also prefer default, and it looks like now if we wanted our white horn back then we lose our grey stripes on the sides of the frame. =( They shoulda tied it to whichever channel you have for the green there, maybe.

Idunno, the poll was such a close split down the middle they are not going to keep anyone happy unless they add another color channel for the metal IMO.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yeah well. Like in this render right?

Founders_Upgrade.png

So it looks like the horn does have a slightly darker color, that seems to taper down to match with the rest of the helmet as it joins near the chin.  I wonder if they can do a meshing of colors like that, now that they've done similar blends of color channels on frames like Ivara and Saryn Deluxe Skin.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

So it looks like the horn does have a slightly darker color, that seems to taper down to match with the rest of the helmet as it joins near the chin.  I wonder if they can do a meshing of colors like that, now that they've done similar blends of color channels on frames like Ivara and Saryn Deluxe Skin.

That's the shadows of the render. As you know the old tints had 2 spots for Excalibur. Two grays and two whites. The whites were the same tone.

Another example (huge image, left in spoiler):

Spoiler

fddd876d_ExcaliburPrime.png

Edited by NightmareT12

I think the poll made some pretty big mistakes, TBH. As you mentioned, originally Excal had 2 whites and 2 greys, and one of the key areas of contention were the face and the shoulders, which under default coloration don't stand out, but could be customized separately.

On the poll they basically split it into "Separately color-able face and shoulders" and "Same face and shoulders."  As opposed to giving us the further options of: "Same face and color-able shoulders." and "Color-able face and same shoulders."   Which is what we have now due by way of compromise and, frankly, not really liking it.

Guh, Idunno. 

Edited by Gelkor

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I think the poll made some pretty big mistakes, TBH. As you mentioned, originally Excal had 2 whites and 2 greys, and one of the key areas of contention were the face and the shoulders, which under default coloration don't stand out, but could be customized separately.

On the poll they basically split it into "Separately color-able face and shoulders" and "Same face and shoulders."  As opposed to giving us the further options of: "Same face and color-able shoulders." and "Color-able face and same shoulders."   

Guh, Idunno. 

The point is: If we want tintable metals, they need to sacrifice tints. Apparently the files they work with only accept 4 max tints (energy is separated because it's an emissive texture).

So of course, it all falls into choosing here. New frames and vanilla frames don't have this issue fortunetely, but the "retro" Primes need the choice to be made. New Primes, if you notice, have more details, but only 3 tints always (which is a shame on another hand because they could have much better freedom).

So yes. Here we are lel.

Really the biggest problem I've had with the new tint map on the hemlet is that for me it's the super-pixelated outline along the stripes on the sides, like the guy painting the helmet had his hand slip and never bothered to fix it. I have an Imgur Album but I'll post the most obvious one here:

Spoiler

iESSUyt.jpg

Edited by Basilisk1991

15 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The point is: If we want tintable metals, they need to sacrifice tints. Apparently the files they work with only accept 4 max tints (energy is separated because it's an emissive texture).

So of course, it all falls into choosing here. New frames and vanilla frames don't have this issue fortunetely, but the "retro" Primes need the choice to be made. New Primes, if you notice, have more details, but only 3 tints always (which is a shame on another hand because they could have much better freedom).

So yes. Here we are lel.

I guess I can make the channel 2 as white as the channel 1 and end up with essentially discount Alabaster Excalibur skin.

13 minutes ago, kubbi said:

Think its allowed to show that pbr image you posted in the design council? I really think the D option would've been the best way to pbr excal prime.

If it's something Antoine did himself (which he did) there shouldn't be an issue, but I'd ask Rebecca or any other staff nonetheless. I really want to attach here so everyone can see the stuff, but...

I don't know why people voted for option A other than the whole back was one color thing. But the thing is ... YOU HAVE STUFF ON YOUR BACK LIKE CAPES, SYANDANAS AND WEAPONS SO YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT ANYWAY. Now it just looks like an immortal skin and in order to hide the stripes you have to waste 2 color slots.