The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime post-18.10.4 Feedback

OniDax

One more thing i hate is that i cant color that grey part on his back and has this grey S#&$ and on top of that i think they have to revise the energy channeling.The old original channeling is what the secondary color we have now.

Edited by Darkstalix

Players had been complaining ever since the FIRST prime PBR (conversion- not the first one that came out like that) that they NEED to add a new tint slot. Converting just DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.

I personally thought Excalibur PRIME being ruined would send founders into a frenzy and FORCE them to act finally- but it didn't. Something has to  happen. No PBR or a special slot for the gold tint DE...

12 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Players had been complaining ever since the FIRST prime PBR (conversion- not the first one that came out like that) that they NEED to add a new tint slot. Converting just DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.

I personally thought Excalibur PRIME being ruined would send founders into a frenzy and FORCE them to act finally- but it didn't. Something has to  happen. No PBR or a special slot for the gold tint DE...

Except the issue here was how the whole thing was handled rather than Excalibur Prime being simply "ruined". Besides, most Prime frames only lost a minor part of their tint options.

I'm the first one that wishes for more slots for colors, but it won't happen (for now) because that would force DE find a new texture format and retexture absolutely everything in the game. Guess what would need to happen to do so? Hint: No new content for a while and a massive download to replace everything.

EDIT: By the way, another hotfix and once again the files have missed. Crossing fingers for the next one...

Edited by NightmareT12

13 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Two things on this:

1) Founder population has dwindled over time. Population of founders that care enough to complain about e prime is even less. Once the next major update comes out, i it brings enough people back, expect to see a handleful more people (people that always return at big updates) asking a couple of questions.

2) I feel a lot of founders (as they have been here a long time) will probably realise after thinking about it that the additon of additional colour would probably be impossible as the whole game is designed around the current amount of tints and changing that would probably cause massive problems and be a massive job to do.

Knowing this it becomes unrealistic to ask for additional tint colours. Then instead you need to think how you can best spend your time. Instead you realise that just coming to a fair solution that will make as many people as possible *cough* two skins for excalibur prime *COUGH* *cough* *cough* is the best way forward.

Edited by MDRLOz

• 2 weeks later...

Well, update for everyone: Default colors are back to their intended values! Also, the tint 3 in the helmet's tint 2 lines are now gone. Praise Kary!

On the other hand, I'll keep you guys updated on the coming weeks as whether the Art team decides to include the Option B in the poll as a separate skin. That may be after U19 has fully landed though, so bear with it please.

10 minutes ago, Darkstalix said:

I like the previous values not this change :/  Please have a separate option for this, i dont like it atm

That's exactly what the poll's Option B covered: Having the white in body and helmet be 2 tints and the gray a single one. If done right, everything should be able to match intertwining Helmet A, Body A, Helmet B and Body B, so no one would miss out.

Right so I am finally back from TennoCon.

I see we have simply reverted back to the original version from the poll.

Well, I think it best to wait till after war within and then I am going to start campaigning about this again. 

Currently I would imagine right now there is a lot of other more pressing work to be done so this can wait.

However afterwards I will begin again to get this problem sorted.

• 1 month later...

Currently I have just given up on it being fixed. The fact that it was just reverted to option A with no explanation, no disucssion and for no apprent reason I have come to think we will never get a proper solution.

Normally I take the view that DE will get to "Insert issue here" evntually and that they listen. However on this I have had enough. Just going to throw in the towel now and save time.

Well, unless they somehow let literally everybody get Exca Prime, whatever the means, so more people can complain about the issues connected to it, I guess DE will simply stop giving a freck about it since, lets be honest here, it doesn't make them any money whatsoever and it's exclusivity means it also never, ever, will.

12 hours ago, MDRLOz said:

Currently I have just given up on it being fixed. The fact that it was just reverted to option A with no explanation, no disucssion and for no apprent reason I have come to think we will never get a proper solution.

Normally I take the view that DE will get to "Insert issue here" evntually and that they listen. However on this I have had enough. Just going to throw in the towel now and save time.

Well, we got that stripe without real discussion neither. Kary came in, thought it'd be solved and then realized that default got screwed. I already told Kary I'd check back again in September (post War Within) with him about a list of stuff I got (there's actually a need for borrowing people off some teams to do them), Excalibur Prime's alternative skin for tints thing being amongst them. I doubt Mynki would be against having, at the very least, just a second helmet option. We'll see. Don't look at the abyss yet, Tenno!

13 minutes ago, Naskoni said:

Well, unless they somehow let literally everybody get Exca Prime, whatever the means, so more people can complain about the issues connected to it, I guess DE will simply stop giving a freck about it since, lets be honest here, it doesn't make them any money whatsoever and it's exclusivity means it also never, ever, will.

It's not about this, some of the issues can't just be adressed as easily. This one means screwing either, people who want the stripe or people who want defaults as intended. Some are also directly tied to the lack of more tint slots, which is linked to texture format... You can see a trend here I guess.

Edited by NightmareT12

As a non-founder here is my suggestion.

Why not just change the PBRs for all Prime gear into (free) skins? That way, players who want the PBR look can have it and players who don't want the PBR wont have to use it.

Everybody wins, everybody is happy and we can end these Forum Threads full of complaints about Prime Fashion Frame forever. Anyone agree?

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

As a non-founder here is my suggestion.

Why not just change the PBRs for all Prime gear into (free) skins? That way, players who want the PBR look can have it and players who don't want the PBR wont have to use it.

Everybody wins, everybody is happy and we can end these Forum Threads full of complaints about Prime Fashion Frame forever. Anyone agree?

Think its a bit more complex than that when it comes to PBR'ing and allowing multiple skins.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, we got that stripe without real discussion neither. Kary came in, thought it'd be solved and then realized that default got screwed. I already told Kary I'd check back again in September (post War Within) with him about a list of stuff I got (there's actually a need for borrowing people off some teams to do them), Excalibur Prime's alternative skin for tints thing being amongst them. I doubt Mynki would be against having, at the very least, just a second helmet option. We'll see. Don't look at the abyss yet, Tenno!

Kary posted in this thread when he did previous changes. Showed his reasoning and some examples. Then on this latest change it is just reverted back to the poll with no mention why. Personally just getting tired of the constant changing. Would rather just move on. I am sure the last few people that cared about the old features will forget soon enough, so please just leave it be. That way DE can just go ahead and work on newer things.

Indeed.

Well the other side of the matter about having a second skin would make other users asking the same thing on other primes aswell.I recall when Loki got PBRed there were almost same issues with the forth option and the gold parts etc. In the end it would just create more of a mess..

But as  MDRLoZ said i'd better give up too and just move on. I would be nice to have it back and was nice as long it lasted