Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Impressed with the Enemy AI in event

duhadventure

I love this event's enemies for this reason: Their AI is fun and challenging. Instead of standing and taking our bullets like most of the enemies in the game they will seek cover, roll, and can acutally evade some of our attacks. There is also the fact that they can switch weapons from Primary to melee. Personally I think that the game needs more missions like this that are extermination type full of these and Nightwatch enemies. Missions with unpredictable enemies with varying attacks are fun, because you have to always be on guard and be ready for everything. Good job DE.

Agreed, I like these type of enemies and I wish they aren't confined in an arena-like mission (Although I can see where DE's going with it given their unreal tournament background). Now all we need are massive hard-hitting bosses with reaction-based (Not puzzle) mechanics for both land and spaceship missions.

1 minute ago, Bro_Z said:

Agreed, I like these type of enemies and I wish they aren't confined in an arena-like mission (Although I can see where DE's going with it given their unreal tournament background). Now all we need are massive hard-hitting bosses with reaction-based (Not puzzle) mechanics for both land and spaceship missions.

What i would like to see are enemies that burst through the wall in the middle of a battle. 0-0 
Just imagine you are fighting some enemies that are alternating between shooting and melee, and then suddenly a huge guy just breaks through a wall.

On the whole I agree with the enjoyment of the new enemy AI.  I hope that in future, high end enemy scaling can not just be about bombards with more hitpoints than God.  The inclusion of executioners in high-wave Draco etc would be fun.  I feel that some cheap BS needs to be removed from them before this happens, specifically the stuff that kills you before you realize you've been hit.  (Pro tip, any enemy attack that functions in terms of raw percentages of player HP is bad design and you should feel ashamed about it. I could go on at great great length on this subject from many games but I don't want to get tangented).  But the existence and efficacy of the executioners as they are now show that a lot of doors are open for future pve enemies.

i came in expecting a clip of an Enemy running in circles or running into a wall, or something.

they're certainly a bit better than most Enemies though.
ut sadly will be limited to about as common as Minibosses (maybe Heavies if we're lucky) due to universal Processor limitations. sorry, you won't be seeing Enemies like the Executioners replacing most of the Enemies in the game that spawn(like replacing Lancers) - computers can't handle it.

I need those nightwatch enemies somewhere, they were the best "common" enemies of all time, they hit hard, but are not bullet sponges? NONSENSE, this is not the Warframe I know and love! -leaving the joke aside, this new enemies introduced some degree of IA (instead of just follow+shoot+hide like the rest) and I do like that some of their powers can be avoided by actually avoiding rather than tanking them, but are also not weak enough to make me go "meh" and walk through them.

I, HAVE A DREAM, and it includes a cool game made out of everything in warframe. I KNOW DE CAN ACHIEVE IT, I JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2035.