The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kraken Is...

Rettycombine

AMAZING, holy crap, it feels like somebody strapped a handcannon to a handcannon, when it is modded it kills heavies in 2 pulls of the trigger, i made one due to the impending nerf(s) to the Despair and Kunais, in the meantime i use something that sounds like a drum and feels like 2 lexes taped together.

Could someone tell me the proper mods to put on this gun, because right now I have it at level 22 and I cannot stand using it.  Seriously, I find the gun to be incredibly inaccurate, weak, and quite slow.  Not as slow as a default lex, but still slow.  Advice?

I mean, why the hell would you ever use a Sicarus when Kraken exists?

to be fair,fire rate up decreases the gaps in the shots on the sicarus so it becomes more accurate as well, kraken it only decreases the gaps between bursts, but yeah, sicarus is still meeeeeh

yeah if you go for heads 99% of the time you ll miss the second shot even then lex is accurate as a sniper

Who cares about the second projectile if you can aim it's one shot kill on 90% of the mobs in the game. If you can't aim that well maybe the Lex is better for your playstyle. But for someone who wants to move fast and kill things it's a superior weapon.

The Kraken combines the lethality of Sicarus and Lex together in this one package, making it a balanced sidearm that is reliable and deadly if aimed accurately.

Drop your aim to negate the kick on the second shot; with practice you can snipe ranged targets - hitting with both bullets. Aim for the chest region, and the recoil will knock the second bullet up, resulting in a headshot. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kraken

I've sold my Kraken though I remember it being very effective against ancients because it was easy to line up shots for the legs despite the kick.

AMAZING, holy crap, it feels like somebody strapped a handcannon to a handcannon, when it is modded it kills heavies in 2 pulls of the trigger, i made one due to the impending nerf(s) to the Despair and Kunais, in the meantime i use something that sounds like a drum and feels like 2 lexes taped together.

And these impending nerfs are why I'm not using potatoes for anything. Because the damn things went extinct from alerts and using one on a weapon that might get nerfed to oblivion any day now feels just wrong.

I've sold my Kraken though I remember it being very effective against ancients because it was easy to line up shots for the legs despite the kick.

And these impending nerfs are why I'm not using potatoes for anything. Because the damn things went extinct from alerts and using one on a weapon that might get nerfed to oblivion any day now feels just wrong.

I hate nerfs too. Something that is already given to us shouldn't be taken away from us.

I was thinking the same thing.  taters are too valuable to squander on something that may get nerfed.

The problem is,  nerfing is sometimes needed to balance the overall weapons cache.  If one weapon is too powerfull then all the others will be useless and collect dust.

If anything they should make potatoes removable, so if you want to scrap a weapon, due to a bad nerf, you can use it on something else.

Edited by Tallon1969