Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DO NOT allow new players into sorties!

Tenno29543

31 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

Very few people have the time or ability to unlock every node

32 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

Very few people have the time

32 minutes ago, Xen_Ashwood said:

Very few people

Very few people? You want to get some stats on that? You make it seem like it takes ages to clear the star chart, or something. All that time you spend trying to find taxis, farming Draco for shortcut MR, and failing at Sorties could be spent learning how to play the game by playing your way through the star chart.

I'm not for artificially gating players from content, but the benefits of gating content behind something like completion of a certain amount of nodes go far beyond the benefits of gating it behind MR.

5 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Very few people? You want to get some stats on that? You make it seem like it takes ages to clear the star chart, or something. All that time you spend trying to find taxis, farming Draco for shortcut MR, and failing at Sorties could be spent learning how to play the game by playing your way through the star chart.

I'm not for artificially gating players from content, but the benefits of gating content behind something like completion of a certain amount of nodes go far beyond the benefits of gating it behind MR.

Yeah, actually, let's get some stats on that. anyone got any real statistics on how many people have completed 100% of the  nodes in the game?

On 5/14/2016 at 1:58 PM, haloamted said:

I don't think I was insulting nor being immature (BigBlackCook, ok). I simply stated that this problem of yours is ridicilus and made fun out of your choice of title. So let me take a step back and explain why in my opinion this is stupid and a waste of yours and everyone elses time.

This is a co-op game, as you've stated yourself in your new post about this particular topic, you can choose play alone or play with friends you know. You can also recuit people based upon a (stupid imo) number (MR), that will take a little bit of effort but if you believe its worth it, good.

Now, when all those options are out of the way you still got the option to play with random people, people who plays the same game as you, no supervision by you or anyone else as it should be. If you can't accept this, that some people doesn't has as much gear as you etc, don't pug and stick to your premade groups or stay solo and let me and likeminded people help beginners.

Let's me use my words to describe your statement. So you're trying to say that it's a waste of time to fix the core problem of people leeching off others and not pulling their own weight in missions. And i am just bring trouble to my self if i don't premade groups or solo, because how dare i can't do everything my self and complain after we failed because some1 isn't pull their own weight right? leeching is very justifiable and i should shove it down my throat and not talk about it.  A rank 0 should be to  do sorties and NM raids because why not? Leeching is totally ok, absolutely nothing is wrong with it. MR is stupid and you're trying to imply that it means nothing, a MR 0 and beat a MR21 anyday of the week in a sortie mission when compared in performance in the mission. Oh and btw calling somebody stupid is not an insult? 

Not trying to attack you but just want to make sure i am understanding.

On 5/14/2016 at 0:16 PM, SHADOW666WESKER said:

To the OP, 1 word "SOLO"

I solo the sorties all days, no matter what they are, you just need some strategy, so i don't have to deal with leechers at all, is as simple as that.

well some r kinda hard to do with 1 person, like int and defense. 

20 minutes ago, BigBlackCook said:

Interception? (you will need energy pads) just use Mirage (Max Duration + Max Range) you can blind the enemies in the entire map with her 4 ability, when the enemies are blind they can't capture towers if you keep using the blind again every now and then. Same strategy applies to Mobile Defense

For normal defense you can use Mirage as well, Slow Nova, Frost, any CC or Defensive Warframe to be honest, it just depends on what faction are you fighting.

Let me make an example, you remember the sorties yesterday? (Defense Rifle only, Interception and Sargeant Assasination) i did the defense with mirage coz the map got a lot of walls to hide from the enemies, otherwise i would choose slow nova, interception with mirage and the assasination with wukong.

I usually use wukong on sorties assasinations depending on the boss, i remember how everyone was complaining about lvl100 sargas ruk doing that as a squad, i did it solo with wukong a vaykor hek/lex prime on 10 mins, without even needing energy pads because of Rage/Defy combination. 

Feel free to PM me anytime you got doubts about how to complete the sorties (IGN same as here) 

27 minutes ago, BigBlackCook said:

Btw it might take some time ocasionally but you can do it solo just with the right gear/strategy and we got a lot of options available (warframes) sometimes it might be really hard but thats what make the sorties fun after all ;)

11 minutes ago, SHADOW666WESKER said:

Btw it might take some time ocasionally but you can do it solo just with the right gear/strategy

Your strategy is literally to disable the entire map and turn them into standing targets. This isn't, "completed with the right gear/strategy," this is, "press one button every so often and don't put forth any effort."

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

it's fun to have random team in sortie

if only we could do this for raid , but wth higher mastery rank , it would be awesome :D

You can do this with the raid. You just won't like the results. 

1 hour ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

You can do this with the raid. You just won't like the results. 

i did but you have to invite ppl (and we did won some times)

i talk about open raid with locked mastery

3 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i did but you have to invite ppl (and we did won some times)

i talk about open raid with locked mastery

Which will achieve nothing because if you will do it mr12-21 you will get the same team you normally do. Because if it's not something you all agreed on before starting it, no on will want to waste their time (because majority of people that look for raids want to complete them as quick and painless as possible). 

Just now, Nomen_Nescio said:

Which will achieve nothing because if you will do it mr12-21 you will get the same team you normally do. Because if it's not something you all agreed on before starting it, no on will want to waste their time (because majority of people that look for raids want to complete them as quick and painless as possible). 

i used to do them just for the fun but .. yeah

only thing.. it would be faster to make a team than going in recruit chanel

11 hours ago, SHADOW666WESKER said:

Interception? (you will need energy pads) just use Mirage (Max Duration + Max Range) you can blind the enemies in the entire map with her 4 ability, when the enemies are blind they can't capture towers if you keep using the blind again every now and then. Same strategy applies to Mobile Defense

For normal defense you can use Mirage as well, Slow Nova, Frost, any CC or Defensive Warframe to be honest, it just depends on what faction are you fighting.

Let me make an example, you remember the sorties yesterday? (Defense Rifle only, Interception and Sargeant Assasination) i did the defense with mirage coz the map got a lot of walls to hide from the enemies, otherwise i would choose slow nova, interception with mirage and the assasination with wukong.

I usually use wukong on sorties assasinations depending on the boss, i remember how everyone was complaining about lvl100 sargas ruk doing that as a squad, i did it solo with wukong a vaykor hek/lex prime on 10 mins, without even needing energy pads because of Rage/Defy combination. 

Feel free to PM me anytime you got doubts about how to complete the sorties (IGN same as here) 

I know bout mirage but i sold her long time ago D:, also i am REALLY conservative about using pads, i never want to use em cause farming for the resources suk.. for sortie defense, its real hard to keep the guy alive because he moving around and stuff, unless ur using limbo(which is not effective in taking out crowds or do any damage what so ever because u cant shoot thru rift and you have to be in rift cause you'll likely die if ur out. plus, u have to keep the hostage in there 2 and having a ton of foes around u isn't a fun time to recast ur 1) or trin... wait, actually does bless's damage reduction effect the hostage as well? Also, i didn't know that they can't cap the towers when blinded.  Other then to use slow nova, mirage and BS ash, is there any other way to solo t4 int with a high success rate? Cause i got alll the prime frames(Except for Excalibur prime >.<) and not all the normals..

Edited by BigBlackCook

9 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Your strategy is literally to disable the entire map and turn them into standing targets. This isn't, "completed with the right gear/strategy," this is, "press one button every so often and don't put forth any effort."

Yet you need to get Mirage and max out the right mods to do that, Range mods and Duration mods (including Narrow minded that has 10 ranks and Primed Continuity is optional), so you need the right gear/mods, every warframe has their own usefull abilities, even if is only 1 or 2 and you need to see what conditions/missions are optimal for those in order to complete that mission fast without any problems >.>

Edited by SHADOW666WESKER

1 hour ago, BigBlackCook said:

I know bout mirage but i sold her long time ago D:, also i am REALLY conservative about using pads, i never want to use em cause farming for the resources suk.. for sortie defense, its real hard to keep the guy alive because he moving around and stuff, unless ur using limbo(which is not effective in taking out crowds or do any damage what so ever because u cant shoot thru rift and you have to be in rift cause you'll likely die if ur out. plus, u have to keep the hostage in there 2 and having a ton of foes around u isn't a fun time to recast ur 1) or trin... wait, actually does bless's damage reduction effect the hostage as well? Also, i didn't know that they can't cap the towers when blinded.  Other then to use slow nova, mirage and BS ash, is there any other way to solo t4 int with a high success rate? Cause i got alll the prime frames(Except for Excalibur prime >.<) and not all the normals..

Get some plat to get Mirage back dude! 
About the pads, is just another farming like everything, im farming nano spores all the time because of that
Other than the ones you mention i would say Equinox but i haven't try it, Equinox got a good range and damage on his 4th ability so it might be good as well, plus you got the "oh S#&amp;&#036;" use of that ability XD 

On 14/05/2016 at 2:28 AM, BigBlackCook said:

Look, the end game missions are based on early game missions, if new players want to learn then go to a low lvl mission,

You tell new players to go to low level missions and yet not happy when others tell you to go play with your own clan or form your own squad.

i don't need no body to screw my game up.

This is a forum made up of only text, we can only interpret and response based on what you wrote, We don't know how you feel, we can only assume. And my assumptions are mostly wrong based on my own experiences. My guess is that you meant something else, but based on what you wrote. This is my response:

This is not your game, it belongs to DE. You go watch a movie in a cinema, you buy a ticket, watch it, but you don't own the film. Likewise, you play the game, regardless if you spent money, you don't own it.

Or based on my assumption you meant "I don't need no body to screw up my game experience.". Which I agree with you 100%, therefore I ask of you not to screw up ours.

It is funny that I am on this thread, because in theory, this is none of my business. I am almost a pure soloist, I soloed all the way to Neptune using only normal Mag and normal Rhino and almost beyond if not for the Archwing mission that is too tedious to solo. I had to taxi to Hyena pack because I was eager to try out the master race Loki. Which turned out to not to be my cup of tea.

So why am I here? Because of Vak Hek. Which has an MR5 requirement. I can go kill myself in sortie but I cannot kill myself in Vak Hek? I am a soloist, who did I offend with my lack of skill or firepower? Whose game experience did I ruin by being a soloist low MR,lame skill, lame firepower? I like exploration, I don't like to go Youtube to see how things are done, I like to figure out for myself. If I have friends who are equally new, I want to be able to group up with them and we attempt to figure out the puzzles together. Is that too much to ask?

A lot of weapons have MR requirements, so basically being stuck in MR5 for the next X years due to hardware issue. (I apologize for not being affluent or in the 1% or higher range of the 99% to afford state of the arts hardware to play this game.) The best grenade launcher I can get is Tonkor, which there has been calls to nerf it, Facing a lack of options, you are suggesting more restrictions. And people wonder why player retention is low.

Again, you learn to walk before you run, you don't skip ahead or take short cuts and expect to get good results.

Funny, if you look at the history of US Presidents, only two learned to walk before they run. The rest skipped ahead or taken shortcuts and THEY BECAME President of USA. If you ask me, that is good results on their personal profile.

How do think military men or women learn to fight wars? Start small skirmishes along the border to learn how to fight?

Or that geniuses that graduated University at the age of 13 is wrong. They should go through the proper grades.

New players and low MR players are 1 of the same majority of the time, i mean are you trying to tell me that there are a lot of low mr players that has about 2k hours of warframe? Are you trying to tell me that JUST BECAUSE those players exist we should trust low mrs and let them do end game stuff and EXPECT them to do good?

It is your right not to play with anyone below any MR or frames or weapons in whatever mission you want. It is our right to have access to this game, even though our MR is low. I do not appreciate you telling me how to play this game or how I should enjoy the game when DE already mentioned that we are allowed to have options.

Why don't you ask DE for a filter instead of venting your frustration on the entire player base of new or low MRs for screwing up your game as you put it.

you are in a way contradicting your self because if new and unexperienced surgeons under go simulation then why do you suggests that new players should play a hard core lvl 100 mission to learn?

If you had missed it, let me put it out for you. I see sortie as a simulation. Have you participated in war games? No, I am not talking about the strategy games you play on a simulator. I am talking about a real war game, where real people take real tanks, airplanes, helicopters, warships, submarines etc etc out to "play". It's not a real war, people fail the mission all the time, difference between sortie and war games is this. People die or lose their limbs in war games. Your fallen brothers in arms will not rise again, you cannot revive them. You cannot repeat mission with them. They are gone. In sorties, you can revive them, you don't lose a limb ever.

I apologies if the impression I gave was that they should learn from a hardcore level 100 mission. My point is that they should be given the choice to learn from a hardcore level 100 mission if they choose to.

Life itself is never black and white, contradictions are what life is filled with.

The real thing for a surgeon is to do a real surgery that requires a lot of experience and skill, same goes for end game content in warframe, if a player have no idea what they're doing in endgame content and can not do anything to help, what's their purpose being there? much like a unexperienced surgeon in a real surgery.

Going through a simulator does not equate to real operating experience. First time surgeons do not main the entire operation, they are guided by veterans. And you are a formidable opponent, I concede defeat. For no matter how good I think I am on the forums, I can never ever defeat someone who can equate the value of a human life lost or ruined to a failure in a mission of a video game.

Edited by Kahme
Clarifications

A good solution for this problem, one that wouldn't be too hard on the DEVs to re-program, would be to come up with a system that automatically SEPARATES low level players from veterans. Something like a fish net / mastery lock, blocking them from entering high level Sorties. 

If you are Rank 8, the game shall cue you in with other Rank 8 players. If you are Rank 20, then only 20s shall be in your group, and so on.

And of course, the difficulty of the Sorties would have to be adaptable for each rank. Sorties to Rank 8, for instance, would be easier FOR THEM. Now Rank 21 Sorties would be HELL ON EARTH, because why not, we veterans can manage it.

Edited by MauVasconcellos

On 5/14/2016 at 3:28 PM, BigBlackCook said:

Look, this is a co-op game and everyone in theory should pull their weight, is that wrong?

Plus, i found contradictions in your words. You suggest that i teach people how to play and yet u said that not everyone cares about my mr and what i am saying.. then why are you suggesting me to teach them how to play in the first place? To me, you are implying that people just leech and don't care like what i said. Can't find someone to teach you if you're new? Are you trying to say that the answer to that would be just to hop in a public mission and expect different? And if people don't, blame them for not able to carry the squad because not everyone is pulling their weight? how dare they right? What? You said my statement don't make sense and you're already contradicting you self. New players learn from experience and they see the sortie with good rewards so why not try? Then why are you telling me to give them instructions in the first place? why not give it a shot? maybe it's end game content and you're not ready? In a sense, trying to get that nice reward is skipping ahead of them selves.b Plus, how is doing something you know you can't do not skipping ahead?

This is a co-op game, but the point isn't to do just as good as everyone else. Naturally that's a goal that is set, but the point is to simply help where you can and do the best you are capable of doing.

Contradictions? What? Did you even read? Are you actually illiterate? I never said people don't care about your MR, I said, and I quote, that regardless of what MR you're dealing with, you'll have people who just don't care about anything, and no matter what MR you have in your squad, you're not guaranteed victory anyway. So with that considered, how is that even remotely a contradiction to me saying you should teach people how to play? My god, are you trolling? Please tell me you're trolling.

I'm suggesting you teach them how to play instead of just complaining about them on the forums and trying to take away content from them. If you don't like how someone is performing, teach them how to perform better or learn to deal with it. How can such a simple thing elude you so well? Also, how am I implying people should just leech? I implied nothing of the sort. I also didn't imply that you should go to public matches with the expectation of someone teaching you. If you actually had the capacity to read and comprehend what was being said, you'd know that I meant they'd be learning from experience, rather than someone teaching them. They join public matches because they don't want to do it alone, which is clearly what you're doing too or else you wouldn't be joining public matches.

And if a mission fails, then you're just as to blame as the newbies are, because there isn't one Sortie that can't actually be solo'd with the right gear and a knowledge of how to play the game. If you're experienced, a couple of newbies won't drag your team down all by themselves. This isn't a PvP FPS game where a bad player will die a lot and result in you losing because the newbies died faster than your "pros" could kill. This is a co-op game, one in which a single player can easily carry almost any mission just by having the right gear and enough skill. So allow me to put this in small words you'll actually understand: When you lose, it's also your fault.

"and you're already contradicting you self."

My god you aren't trolling, are you? You're actually this ignorant... How does new players going to sorties to learn from experience contradict you giving them instructions? Just because they're going there to learn from experience doesn't mean you can't offer them tips, advice, etc, that will tell them what to do without them having to figure it out themselves. Like the Frost I had with me just a the other day. He didn't know globes could stack, as evidenced by the fact that he wasn't stacking them at all. He probably could have figured out from experience that globes stack, but I chose to inform him anyway, he thanked me for the tip and immediately began stacking the globes. See how simple this is? Yeah, you probably don't. it's stuff that is this simple that you don't seem to be able to get.

How is trying to get a nice reward skipping ahead? You basically throw this out there and give no example or anything to back it up. Sorties are referred to as "endgame content" but they're far from it. If they were truly endgame, they'd be a lot harder than they are now, and MR4s wouldn't be allowed in, and I feel the rewards would be a bit more... Well... Rewarding.

And who said they knew they couldn't do it? They know they don't have any experience with it, but if you're trying to say that it's skipping ahead if you do something you have no experience with, then you were skipping ahead when you first started learning how to drive, how to read and write, how to use a computer, etc... In fact, you skipped ahead a lot in this game! You skipped ahead when you first played ANY mission, you skipped ahead when you first hacked something, you skipped ahead when you went into the void the first time, you skipped ahead with every frame you ever got! Why? Because you didn't have any experience with any of these things until you got to do them the first time!

Prepare yourself, because I'm about to tell you something incredible that will blow your mind and make you question everything you ever knew: you can't have experience with something until you actually try it for the first time.

Have a nice day.

19 hours ago, SHADOW666WESKER said:

Get some plat to get Mirage back dude! 
About the pads, is just another farming like everything, im farming nano spores all the time because of that
Other than the ones you mention i would say Equinox but i haven't try it, Equinox got a good range and damage on his 4th ability so it might be good as well, plus you got the "oh S#&amp;&#036;" use of that ability XD 

Ok i can get mirage back but lvling and formaing her would be hard..  plus, eq? LOL i still don't know how to use him or.. her. See i am confused even to the sex the frame is trying to be LOL had fun farming for eq tho, tyl is still my fav boss :D

5 hours ago, BigBlackCook said:

Ok i can get mirage back but lvling and formaing her would be hard..  plus, eq? LOL i still don't know how to use him or.. her. See i am confused even to the sex the frame is trying to be LOL had fun farming for eq tho, tyl is still my fav boss :D

Ikr, i love Tyl's voice acting, its amazing! and yeah Equinox is pretty good to be honest