The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aether, Secondary Fire Hand Grenade [Small Wip]

Ibro156

Concept Role: A Grineer Fire Grenade that can be thrown, starting with a three-seconds timer. When exploded, it would leave a lingering elemental effect on the battlefield. The elemental effect on ground width spread of 10m wide and 5m long. If an enemy stands in the area they will have chance being affected (depending the status chance). This weapon would release an elemental effect to respected modding. The lingering effect can be buffed with status duration mods, that would heavily increase its time and the effect on the enemies.

Lore Wise: This weapon is crude device developed by the Grineer to dominate the Corpus' shielding and Infested's flesh. It has even been shown to be effective method against the Tenno.

Weapon's General Appearance: 

Spoiler

KNXDQxj.jpg0o6rMnC.jpg

Not signed in

Building Requirements:

- 30,000 credits

- 2,000 Ferrite

- 30,000 Alloy Plate

- 1 Argon

- Three Orokin cells

Weapon Info:

Weapon Slot: Secondary

Weapon Type: Thrown

Trigger Type: 3 second timer till detonation 

Ammo Consumption: Pistol (seriously explosive weapons need their own weapon ammo!)

utilities:

Flight Speed: 20m/s

Fire Rate: 3 second

Magazine Size: 1

Maximum Ammo: 30

Accuracy: 100

Reload Time: 3 seconds

Status Duration: 15 seconds

Polarities: one V

Normal Attacks:

Elemental Type: Fire

Elemental DMG: 400

Impact: 60

Crit Chance: 5%

Crit Multiplier: 2x

Status Chance: 40%

Elemental Lingering Effect Mechanic:

Single Elements:

- If an enemy steps into Ice effected floor, they will be slow down. This can be effected by how much damage the weapon can do. Higher damage, slower they will be.

- If an enemy steps on an a Electrical flooring they will be stunned for 5 seconds. Longer the status duration longer they will be stunned for. Higher damage, more damage they take.

- If an enemy steps into a Fire pit, they will be stunned for 5 seconds. Longer the status duration longer they will be stunned for. Higher damage, more damage they take.

- If an enemy steps into a Toxic area they will be effected for 10 seconds. Longer the status duration longer, they will lose health. Higher damage, more damage they take.

Dual Elementals:

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Blast, they will be immediately knocked down. Higher damage, longer they would be rag dolled.

Spoiler

tumblr_nvcvzuccL71utdap1o1_400.gif Jk

Not signed in

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Corrosive, they will lose armour, but gain an increased in speed. Higher damage, more armour they would lose.

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Gas, they will lose start to lose health, as well being able to spread any other enemy unit standing within 5m. Higher damage, quicker they start losing their health.

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Magnet, they will lose their shielding. Higher damage, more shield they would lost.

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Radiation, they will be affected by radiation, would attack other enemy units. Higher damage, less damage affected enemy does.

- If an enemy steps into area that is affected by Viral, they will immediately start losing health. Higher the damage, quicker they start losing their health.

Edited by Ibro156

so... this is a grenade thrown and effect's area is like Napalm's Ogris? or did I miss something? .-.

I like the uhm... status lingering though... ahahah made it fun to be implemented ingame :3

6 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

so... this is a grenade thrown and effect's area is like Napalm's Ogris? or did I miss something? .-.

I like the uhm... status lingering though... ahahah made it fun to be implemented ingame :3

Yes but better.

An interesting concept, definitely something to emphasize more on grenades, as the current enemy grenades kinda suck(No Heads-up, no dmg, etc).. The damage is kinda insane, but other than that, it looks pretty cool.(or should i say.. HOT? HUEHUE)

21 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:

An interesting concept, definitely something to emphasize more on grenades, as the current enemy grenades kinda suck(No Heads-up, no dmg, etc).. The damage is kinda insane, but other than that, it looks pretty cool.(or should i say.. HOT? HUEHUE)

The reload, fire rate and ammo are going to heavily effect it's DPS. So it's ALMOST balanced.

20 minutes ago, reverb6 said:

better? O-O

tell me everything! XD

It has a three second timer before it explodes. So just drop it ahead of yah when running form the Infested.

Edited by Ibro156

5 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

The reload, fire rate and ammo are going to heavily effect it's DPS. So it's ALMOST balanced.

It has a three second timer before it explodes. So just drop it ahead of yah when running form the Infested.

there's no self-damage? that doesn't sound like a grenade to me XD

1 minute ago, reverb6 said:

there's no self-damage? that doesn't sound like a grenade to me XD

There's probably damage when you're there when it goes off. He means drop it ahead of you, run past it, and the infested run right into the blast while you are safely away from your infestebuddies.

9 hours ago, reverb6 said:

does that mean Concealed Explosive can be used in the build? XD

*more explosion* :D

Of course there self damage. What kinda grenade would it be, if it didn't have it?

Just now, voltocitygel said:

Lol... Problem is, if it was, it would just explode on impact rather than having the timer. A bit problematic. 

Or it could just explode on impact but still being intact till timed is done

1 hour ago, Maugre said:

I hate to be a downer, but didn't DE say something about never making grenades for us?

Hence why it's a "fan concept". They said they wouldn't do a lot of things but they do it after awhile :P

Edited by Ibro156