Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Prolly fixed with U 18.10.5] Warframe Renders Sluggish Mouse Performance

carnaga

My system:  Win10 Enterprise 64-bit (v. 1511), i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz + 16GB DDR3 + GTX 960 4Gb + 2x SSD 250 GB. Asus B85-Pro Gamer + Corsair VS650w 80 plus. And with nVidia 365.10 aka Overwatch/Paragon drivers. Logitech Gaming Software v. 8.58.183 -> Forced gaming profile, no on-the-fly dpi changes. Logitech Setpoint v. 6.67.83 -> Gaming recognition disabled, mouse settings (speed / scroll etc) forced to OS from Setpoint software. Mouse acceleration off from OS and Logitech software.

Tested with following mouses when the issue occurs:

• Microsoft Wedge Touch (without Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center)
  • Logitech G300
  • Logitech G600
  • Wacom Bamboo (mouse mode)

Keyboards in use:

• Microsoft Wedge Bluetooth KB (without Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center)
  • Logitech K360 (That I can access Bios)
  • Logitech G13

Gamepads:

• xb1 controller x2 with wireless adapter for pc

I use 1 mouse at a time. MS keyboard and G13 are both always connected.

Normal mouse behavior:

5oRl1gN.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5oRl1gN.gifv

Sluggish mouse behaviour:

bnD6I6J.gif
http://i.imgur.com/bnD6I6J.gifv

Restarting the game returns the mouse behavior to normal.

Complete video of the issue including warframe restart in spoilers

Spoiler

Video is set unlisted so only those who know the link can see it.

While playing long runs with warframe and/or keeping it open for long periods of time the mouse performance turns out sluggish. This inflicts only to mouse. No fps drops, no other "out of the ordinary" performance issues. On desktop the mouse behaves normally (when alt-tabbing from the game). I don't experience similar issues with any other games (Rise of the Tomb Raider [DX11, DX12], Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V PP, Grav Reborn, Project Cars and so on and so on).

When the problem occurs, mouse cursor doesn't follow properly my hand movements. The cursor itself moves extremely slow and is jumpy and sluggish (read: gets stuck). It's like having some litter in the sensor. To navigate in the warframe menu I need perform large hand gestures to do stuff while the cursor is occasionally stuttering. Restarting the game the mouse behavior returns to normal.

The problem started after U 18.10.3

Yesterday I decided to install the steam version of the game and the problem persist.

Edited by carnaga
Added gifs and mouse specs

After U 18.10.5 I haven't experienced the issue. So it has been probably fixed(?)

No changes made with my gaming rig so I presume it's been fixed - can't reproduce it. Or it is some kind of sorcery from DE. Anyways, after U 18.10.5 no sluggish mouse. The mouse turned sluggish (long runs and keeping the game on the background) during U 18.10.3 - 18.10.4. But not after 18.10.5.

There was Geforce Experience update ~5 hours ago. But before the nVidia update and after U 18.10.5 was released - the window in between - I haven't experienced the sluggish mouse issue. ( = no changes done on my side with settings neither hardware).

Soo... Awesome job DE (?) :D At least I'm extremely happy :)=

Edited by carnaga