Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.10.5

[DE]Megan

Finally we can color our Rhino p iron skin, but...

1st: why let the energy colour determine the iron skin colour and not the metal one? you could keep your cool blue energy without looking like a wannabe sanic when casting iron skin.

2nd: please rework the textures again, right now it's more like iron paint and not iron skin (+maybe make it a little more shiny again pls?).

Continuing on my/others Rhino posts...
(brief side note; it's good to see so much Rhino love here as anytime I'm in chat all I seem to get is poop for playing Rhino as my main :) )

As someone who's played a ton of MMOs and is reasonably into character customization; Expanding a bit on how I feel about the differences, having played about an additional 5 hours as Rhino base and 1 more as Rhino prime since the change...

Rhino Base Iron Skin
- Fees like a kind of 'rock skin' of fantasy game's mage armor
- Metalic rock skin feels kind of cool
- Base colors chosen aren't entirely disrupted. Some player choice can still be seen

Rhino Prime Iron Skin - Old version
- Feels like a kind of Egyptian gold mage armor
- The etching and shine based on light reflection makes the removal of color choice tolerable, a reasonable price to pay
- Base colors chosen are entirely disrupted. All 4 choices of customization are negated and become a single gold plating color.

Rhino Prime Iron Skin - New version
- Doesn't feel like armor or something additional
- Base colors chosen are entirely disrupted. All 4 choices of customization are negated and become a single flat color choice.

I think if something different is desired for the prime version, maybe an additional layer of armor could be considered. Something like a few pieces of armor rendered OVER the existing armor like the Mass Effect Omni Tool?
screenshot-103-trilogy-p.jpg