Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been gone for a while would like some advice

Burufokkusu

Question

Hello all, I am just getting back into the game again after a very extended leave. I last played around the time they added kubrows into the game. What I would like to know is mostly where to find some things in the game as well as some advice on the new weapons and any reworks. Please don't tell me to read patch notes I have already but nothing beats player experience. 

1. Reactors and catalysts best place to farm/find?

2. Sentinel or kubrow which is better/preferred?

3. Weapons: what's good any new changes since damage 2.0? When I left Soma was king is it still?

4. Warframes: any changes in the existing frames or does a new frame now dominate the game?

5. Trading: I see that relays now have trading and you can now sell prime weapons/parts to npc vendor, worth it or no?

6. Clans: back when I left clans were a huge part of the game and getting weapons and frames is this still the way or is it more quest based now?

thats all I can think of for now any help/advice is much appreciated. 

9 answers to this question

1. Gift of the Lotus (rare alert) and rarely on Invasions. Otherwise event only. Farm Platinum and buy if desperate. Nowhere else to find.

2. You should try them, Carrier is the most used for quality of life. Sentinels only got 2 lives, Kubrow can be revive infinitely and healed with your own melee damage on enemies if you equip him the corresponding mod. See what each can do and it's your opinion that matters.

3. Soma is still very good, good scaling, best I can say is also try them, there's a few lists out there about meta tiers.

4. There's no exact domination, all of them can be used if the user care to learn how to use it, many synergies exist. Of course some perform better than others on certain conditions.

5. Relays do not have regular trading, It's just Maroo's Bazar which is not exactly a Relay like the others. What you're referring is a way to give use to Prime parts you have no use for (unless you want to try to sell for platinum to other players that might need them) in exchange for Ducats, a currency used to trade, along with Credits, with Baro, the Void Trader, he comes every 2 weeks and stays only for 2 days. He brings many old things that return with him including event weapons / mods, he permanently has the Quest key for Inaros, a recent frame (which is tradable so don't be afraid to miss it), sometimes boosters (so you don't have to use platinum) and some stuff for Fashion Frame.

6.The Dark Sectors were disabled, there's no guarantee for future plans but a few ideas float around for a 2.0 version of it. Dark Sector missions are still there but have no taxes. There still are and some new weapons / frames still join the ranks of Clan Dojo being the only way to obtain them. Aside from that is just a Gathering of people to help each other and play together and Alliances making clan "bigger" x) (did we had Alliances back in the kubrow addition dates?)

I know some answers aren't direct / clear as my opinion is I shouldn't create a bias on you. Sorry if such isn't helpful. Anything else, ask away.

You can't farm/find reactors or catalysts. You can buy them with platinum or get a blueprint through login reward or alert missions.

Sentinel/Kubrow is up to the player. Sentinels are more defensive/support, Kubrows are more offensive. Kubrow if you like having a companion, Sentinel if you like being stronger yourself.

Soma is still good, but Soma Prime is better. Tonkor dominates the meta right now, dealing obscene damage in a few shots. "War" is the best melee weapon in terms of DPS, and secondaries don't have a definite place anywhere.

Excalibur is incredibly good now because of his ultimate, and his Radial Javelin is now his 3. Rhino got a rework, and is much better now. Trinity/Loki/Frost are pretty common in high level missions.

You receive Ducats in return, which allows you to purchase exclusive items from the NPC who shows up every other weekend, offering special versions of weapons, enhanced versions of normal mods, and cosmetic items sometimes.

Quests don't give you frames/weapons for the most part. Some of them reward you with blueprints when you finish them, but all the items that were only accessible through clan research are still only accessible through clan research.

Edited by N4G4M4K1

29 minutes ago, Burufokkusu said:

Hello all, I am just getting back into the game again after a very extended leave. I last played around the time they added kubrows into the game. What I would like to know is mostly where to find some things in the game as well as some advice on the new weapons and any reworks. Please don't tell me to read patch notes I have already but nothing beats player experience. 

1. Reactors and catalysts best place to farm/find?

2. Sentinel or kubrow which is better/preferred?

3. Weapons: what's good any new changes since damage 2.0? When I left Soma was king is it still?

4. Warframes: any changes in the existing frames or does a new frame now dominate the game?

5. Trading: I see that relays now have trading and you can now sell prime weapons/parts to npc vendor, worth it or no?

6. Clans: back when I left clans were a huge part of the game and getting weapons and frames is this still the way or is it more quest based now?

thats all I can think of for now any help/advice is much appreciated. 

Aww man. Warframe has changed quite a bit with new content.

1. You cant farm these. But always check Invasions. Sometimes there is one. Also after every Devstream. There is always one "Gift of the Lotus" alert that will give one of these. But Devstreams is almost what? Every 2 weeks?

2. Well Both are pretty good with Sentinels pulling ahead a bit further. They can now replenish shields & give back some health (with mods of course) This is more of your play style.

3. Soma is good. Maybe not sitting at the top anymore since the Syndicate primaries. Tonkor & Synoid Simulor & Sancti Tigris are probably the ones sitting at top because almost everyone uses these 3 weapons. Especially Mirage with Synoid Simulor.

4. Yes there are new frames (Of course). Right now everyone is waiting on the Mag/Volt reworks. Also Mesa is expecting changes & Ash. Also I think by U19. All frames will have their passives. (Hidden abilities) (Valkyr for example has No hard landing & has quicker recovery from knockdowns)

5. I believe your referring to trading prime parts for "Ducats". I would say sell the items you have the most of. Baro is expected to come Friday.

6. Well there are different ways to obtain frames now. Sortie as you can see, Nehza drops there. Ivara comes from Spy missions (I forget which planets). Inaros (latest frame) parts drop from his quest that Baro will bring every time he visits. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Right I completely forgot about the dark sectors, so is it just the taxes that are gone or is the reward bonus also gone on those missions as well? Should have remember about the potatoes that they can't be farmed (duh). How is the void/derelict are those still accessed through keys that you get as rewards from the fending and survival missions? Also pertaining get to those I can't seem to remember if in those missions you get on,y the reward that you leave on or all rewards that showed up before extraction. Do people still play in the void? Doing the defense missions in the void seemed to be the end game back when I played and that was the only way to get prime parts as well as the derelict. Also the arch wings I only did like one mission before I took my break are those still a thing and how big are they in the game now?

Edited by Burufokkusu

Void keys can be farmed from most missions. I know Hiercon on Pluto is a big one (Dark Sector Excavation) for farming T3 and T4 keys. Derelict keys require blueprints to create from already owned void keys. 

Void is still very much active and it's the only place you can get prime parts for prime gear (whether it be weapons or warframes).

The rewards you get are only the ones you collect upon successful completion of missions (if you die or fail a mission, you lose pretty much everything) or, in the case of defense missions, you only get what you collect after the end of each 5 wave set.

As for end game content, I believe Sorties are the new standard for what is classified as 'end game'.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
added content

11 minutes ago, Burufokkusu said:

Right I completely forgot about the dark sectors, so is it just the taxes that are gone or is the reward bonus also gone on those missions as well? Should have remember about the potatoes that they can't be farmed (duh). How is the void/derelict are those still accessed through keys that you get as rewards from the fending and survival missions? Also pertaining get to those I can't seem to remember if in those missions you get on,y the reward that you leave on or all rewards that showed up before extraction. Do people still play in the void? Doing the defense missions in the void seemed to be the end game back when I played and that was the only way to get prime parts as well as the derelict. Also the arch wings I only did like one mission before I took my break are those still a thing and how big are they in the game now?

Dark Sector missions still give bonuses on Affinity~Resource rate.

Only Derelict Def/Survival have prime rewards on rotation C. The remaining are only used for Vault runs (Corrupted mods).

All void missions have prime stuff to give you can search the drop tables in the forum or the wikia. You only get rewards upon successful extraction. Void is always busy. Even more when each new prime comes out every 3 months~.

Endgame is the Raids and Sortie overall, or if you want, Tower 4 Defense / Survival, going as high as possible.

Archwing is both loved and hated. Not anything MAJOR, but still required to play around Uranus (no pun intended xD) which leads to some of the most recent and important quests Natah and Second Dream. You should really try those as you probably haven't heard of the Focus system.

Sorties are higher level semi linked missions that once per day give a random reward from the Sortie season reward table for completing all three. Trials are a key mission of linked special higher level puzzle missions that once per day for completing all three, give a random arcane enhancement item or a rare resource blueprint on Nightmare versions.

The Jordas Verdict one involves using an archwing to go through a button maze in an infested ship to reach a Jordas Golem and defeat it.

The Law of Retribution involves annoying Vey Hek by first, sabotaging his toxin injectors on Earth; hijacking a Fomorian core on Ceres through a convoluted analog security system; and lastly breaking Vey Hek at mount Hek on Phobos where Hek has been experimenting in having shield generator furnaces to make his Terra Frame invulnerable until destroyed. He also has a loyal Fomorian in orbit ready to squad wipe the team if players don't do a mini interception during the match or crowd control the enemies from activating the terminals.