The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino varnish/paint/polish/dye "iron Skin"?!?!

Fi-le

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

•    Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin has received the PBR treatment! This also allows Iron Skin to reflect your chosen energy color. (Default is still gold!)

I apologize for my rudeness and my possible insults...

DewFU9Q.jpg DEFAULT COLOUR

ikvJcfc.jpgWhite

cxjVacn.jpg "YELLOW"?!
what the hell is this thing? what the hell is this crap? What is this?! paint, varnish, paint, polish, dye? WTF IS THAT?!?!? Is NOT GOLD!
Look, that is "GOLD" for you? and the first is "default"

XrEt4vU.jpg it was so beautifull T-T

guys come on...

I have endured many things (too many) but F**K the Rhino Iron Skin... you did not have to touch me the Iron Skin. 
when Rhino came I was happy then I saw that beautiful golden iron skin and I loved it from the first moment.
As soon as I read the hotfix you have broken my heart, I'm serious, it's not a joke, I am deeply disappointed but especially sad
you've already ruined TOO MANY characters with this "PBR" stupid thing
DE i hope you will do something, idk ... Because now... I'm not even angry, I'm really sad
sorry for my language, I am really frustrated about it

i want back the old Iron Skin's effects or at least add an option to deactivate this F***ing "PBR" 

i really hope this is only a little issue and it will be fixed ASAP

ps:sorry for my english and sorry for my word, im serious

Edited by Fi-le

It looks like a lot of missing textures happened. I don't know about others, but to me this lacks an extreme amount of depth that gold should have (the gold on his own body has it). I am not convinced about this PBR "update" either, which ironically makes him look UN-PBR'ed when using Iron Skin.

Default gold color
QBtEFmK.jpg

Dark blue energy color
MBojOnc.jpg

Orange energy color
E77R0WZ.jpg

While I understand they wanted the aesthetic of slick gold instead of rough iron textures, to me, this doesn't pass the quality-check it needs, especially not when we have great work such as Palatine Rhino's iron skin. The latter has good placement of textures overlay, as well as quality "rough" texturing, and last but not least, some subtle energy waves.

I1b1GMG.jpg

By the way, shouldn't this belong in Feedbacks instead of General Discussions?

Edited by Casardis

Your english may be bad but you got the cuss words out just fine it seems.

On Rhino:

It's a work in progress... They'll get it worked out.  I would have rather seen them add another channel (a lot more work) though.

And while not great looking, you have to admit that it's still a step ahead of some of the other iron skin versions we've had

I agree it looks bad, but anyone else find it funny that EVERY time DE changes the aesthetics of Iron Skin, there is ALWAYS someone complaining? I guess you can't please everyone..

Edited by ArmyUnit

13 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

And while not great looking, you have to admit that it's still a step ahead of some of the other iron skin versions we've had

Not too sure about that, because while some others did look pretty weird (porcupine Rhino), at least the reflections at the time still had more depth than the current Prime Iron Skin. It literally looks like a bad paint job with a quality from pre-PBR Warframe, which makes me believe it's actually a mistake.

PBR has to do with a complex layering of shaders right?  They most likely forgot to add certain maps in those, or uploaded the wrong (WIP) file.

6 minutes ago, Satinpuppies said:

Update: Just used blue on palatine iron skin. And it looks... so awesome

Palatine Iron Skin has always looked awesome shortly after its release, when they updated it, and using the skin on Rhino Prime overrides his skin. It has nothing to do with today's update.

In short, Palatine Iron Skin =/= Rhino Prime Iron Skin =/= Rhino Iron Skin. They all have their unique textures and shaders, determined by which Rhino skin you have equipped (regular Iron Skin only possible on regular Rhino of course).

Edited by Casardis

10 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Not too sure about that, because while some others did look pretty weird (porcupine Rhino), at least the reflections at the time still had more depth than the current Prime Iron Skin. It literally looks like a bad paint job with a quality from pre-PBR Warframe, which makes me believe it's actually a mistake.

PBR has to do with a complex layering of shaders right?  They most likely forgot to add certain maps in those, or uploaded the wrong (WIP) file.

Palatine Iron Skin has always looked awesome shortly after its release, when they updated it, and using the skin on Rhino Prime overrides his skin. It has nothing to do with today's update.

In short, Palatine Iron Skin =/= Rhino Prime Iron Skin =/= Rhino Iron Skin. They all have their unique textures and shaders, determined by which Rhino skin you have equipped (regular Iron Skin only possible on regular Rhino of course).

Thanks for the clarity

2 hours ago, Casardis said:

Not too sure about that, because while some others did look pretty weird (porcupine Rhino)

Porcupine looked pretty strange.. The Iron Poo version with the energy swirlies looked a bit worse though, imo.

I think we can both agree that it's a WIP at this point though.

For my part I actually like the flat look, but feel it should have been an option as opposed to a requirement.

Ideally, they would make iron skin like an attachment and let us color it independently of the normal armor. It would let those that want the current flat, porcupine, poop with swirlies, or super flashy versions rock the version they liked most.

I am never on this forum but am here specifically to complain about this.  It looks like someone badly smeared paint on him.  If any thing it should at least match the gold accents and not the energy color.  Or if it has to be the energy color make it glow like every other thing that uses the energy color.  Its terrible right now.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin will now reflect your chosen accent color instead of energy color

Like i said...

IT DIDN'T CHANGE NOTHING! Still there is the problem, it looks like DYE/ PAINT/ VARNISH

Come on guys just put an option in the settings for Deactivate this ugly, orrible, senseless, PBR s***t  thing >-< PLEASE!

Edited by Fi-le

Just now, Fi-le said:

Like i said...

IT DIDN'T CHANGE NOTHING! Still there is the problem, it looks like DYE/ PAINT/ VARNISH

Come on guys just put an option in the settings for Deactivate this ugly, orrible, senseless, PBR s***t  thing >-< PLEASE!

I know, I posted that after the thread was posted, before checkin it in game. It's a step in the right direction but still far from being good as it used to be :/

They changed it to be accent color but that doesn't help at all cause the problem is with the textures.

They made it look like it is just another layer of color and I hate it.

I didn't wanted to try and save for palatine skin as much as I want to now.