The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sabotage 2.0: Corpus and magnetic hazard

Bibliothekar

Question

So, erm, does magnetic hazard do anything against Corpus (like magnetic damage or Suda procs)? Or is it just a rather useless gimmick? I mean, I've tried it, but those guys seem to walk right through the bubbles like they don't exist. Even pushing them right into the middle of the bubble with Sonic Boom didn't seem to do anything (besides the damage from the ability).

10 answers to this question

Yes, nothing happens directly, it would be both funny and sad watching all AI getting permanently stuck in the bubbles...

You can burst the bubbles though to use them to your advantage with weapons that deal Magnetic damage, cause Electric damage on nearby units and disabling the bubble for like 12 seconds.

Since my main frame is Mag and my secondary of choice for her is a Synoid Gammacor, I love the magnetic hazard against Corpus!  Explosions everywhere... 

There's little risk from it if you have a weapon or powers that pop them but it is a bit more hassle to set up than either fire or ice since there's more back and forth to it.

11 minutes ago, Myscho said:

all effect are only at you

They will catch fire and freeze on ice.  But i guess since magnetic only fux with our energy and HUD it does nothing to enemies :(

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

They will catch fire and freeze on ice.  But i guess since magnetic only fux with our energy and HUD it does nothing to enemies :(

Magnetic procs still also reduce our max shields for 75% just like it does to enemies.

25 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

I have't yet to see a video about this yet, the magnetic hazard, only fuel and cyro ones, chuold someone post a video of the Mag one?

You stick the (yellow) reactor cell into one of the two coolant stations (doesn't work when you blew up the cells), and the you have blue magnetic bubbles popping up everywhere. Similar to the magnetic hive.