Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel that The Arbiters of Hexis got the short end of the stick?

As an Arbiter. I like to dish out justice upon my foe. But lately... I've looked at what I use to do that. I'm not using the Telos Boltor or Telos Akbolto. Focusing on the Telo Boltor. Taking in consideration that the Telos Boltor is a MR12 weapon. It really doesn't justify itself. Its overshadowed by the infamous Boltor Prime, and the other syndicate primaries. Why not give the Telos Boltor a small buff to help it catch up? Or at the very least, make the inevitable Telo Boltace a good melee.

Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

The syndicate procs are great and I love my Telos Akbolto. Sadly I plan on maxing my Telos Boltor and tossing it because it's only redeeming quality is the syndicate proc. It simply can't compare to the Rakta Cernos or Sancti Tigris.

At the levels that the Boltor makes sense to be used at, that proc is nasty, and has good utility.  And it's slightly worse in single target than the Boltor Prime.  I love warframe builder, but people's addiction to paper dps really gives me a headache sometime.  And the Akbolto, as Sixty5 said, is top tier.  And none of this is even considering what a gas proc in the hands of Saryn can do.

1 minute ago, Hman745 said:

Rakta Cernos or Sancti Tigris

Of course it can't.  Why would you compare an assault rifle designed to clear the room of trash to single target monsters?

I'd actually argue that the Arbiters have the best proc. 

The Gas aoes all stack and you end up with that dot damage afterwards

Damagewise it is a good 3-4 times better than any other proc, and the health it gives you is pretty nice as well. 

1 minute ago, Sixty5 said:

Damagewise it is a good 3-4 times better than any other proc, and the health it gives you is pretty nice as well. 

The proc is pretty good. However the main gun itself could use a buff in an area or two. Maybe not damage. But probably just better utilities like reload, accuracy, or even add a bit more status.

16 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

doesn't give you Energy though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, Misanthroplonker said:

Take a look at the Perrin Sequence.

*quiet sobbing*

41 minutes ago, taiiat said:

doesn't give you Energy though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*quiet sobbing*

25% total health is better than 25% base energy in most cases, plus you have Zenurik for energy, or rage. Fun fact, on an average frame (100 bases) the 25% health proc converts to more energy via rage than the 25% energy proc gives

People keep forgetting Syndicate effects are essentially a large ranged AoE nuke that clears rooms in more common levels of play.

At least it is better than the regular Boltor, which makes it a Side grade to the Boltor Prime.

I don't think it is underpowered. 

The Telos Boltor is the worst of the Syndicate primaries, yeah. I think it would be a lot better with a crit buff. Nothing too crazy, like Soma levels, but 15% or 20% crit chance. Just enough to make it worth throwing on a Point Strike and/or Vital Sense and boost the damage. As it is now the Boltor Prime outperforms it due to having significantly higher accuracy, and also around somewhat higher damage, projectile speed, ROF, and status. The only thing the Telos Boltor has going for it over the BP is the Truth proc and the magazine size. The magazine size is negated somewhat due to it's relatively bad accuracy and slightly worse overall stats, as you're going to miss a lot more of your shots and need slightly more shots to kill. 

A theoretical Telos Boltace should also have good crit chance and damage to differentiate it from the other two tonfa weapons so far.

7 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

I just hope we don't get stuck with the Boltace as a melee. 

I want a Telos Destreza.

I feel for you Arbiter loyalists, I really, really do. but you NEED to accept the inevitable; you WILL be given the Telos Boltace! you can't keep trying to cling to false hope like this, it's only going to lead to disappointment when the greatest Tonfas ever created are released! they should still be top-tier weapons, and I think DE said they were working on a new Tonfa Stance.

don't deny the Boltace; EMBRACE it!

IMO the only reason the Telos Boltor lags behind the Boltor Prime at all is its accuracy. It does not get to use Heavy Caliber for basically free, while the Prime does.  When you put HCal on the Telos Boltor you really do not gain very much practical damage because you have to aim center of mass instead of going for head shots, and even aiming center of mass a good number of bolts will miss.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I feel for you Arbiter loyalists, I really, really do. but you NEED to accept the inevitable; you WILL be given the Telos Boltace! you can't keep trying to cling to false hope like this, it's only going to lead to disappointment when the greatest Tonfas ever created are released! they should still be top-tier weapons, and I think DE said they were working on a new Tonfa Stance.

don't deny the Boltace; EMBRACE it!

NEVER

8 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Red veil blight is better

If an enemy has 1 billion health it does 500 million one thousand damage. Can truth do that? Nope, that's why scaling viral procs are ridiculous

Steel meridian also staggers for cc and opens them to armor ignoring finishers

Edited by OzoneSlayer

9 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Red veil blight is better

If an enemy has 1 billion health it does 500 million one thousand damage. Can truth do that? Nope, that's why scaling viral procs are ridiculous

Steel meridian also staggers for cc and opens them to armor ignoring finishers

Wasn't this a comparison to a boltor prime though and nothing else? Also should we have blast and viral procs on everything, and ignoring all others?

29 minutes ago, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

Wasn't this a comparison to a boltor prime though and nothing else? Also should we have blast and viral procs on everything, and ignoring all others?

In damage capabilities steel veil and arbiters win, loka is decent but surpassed by 4x CP,Perrin is meh and Suda is surpassed by shield disruption, so of course I ignored them. Also I didn't start the comparison I just replied to an incorrect statement so technically I'm not derailing anything lol

I too once lived preparing myself for the disappointment of the inevitable Telos Boltace

But then

Maiming strike

As for the telos boltor, yeah, whatever. it doesn't offer a significant anything over the boltor prime but I'm not particularly a fan of the boltor line in general. It's noisy and I'll take the less aggravating sounds of a soma, latron, or braton instead... or just use a bow like I do most of the time anyway. I was hoping for a telos sybaris or something before, but the dex is more than enough.

15 hours ago, spacerocks said:

25m 1k damage gas proc WHICH STACKS 500 damage toxin procs

Except almost everything in the game resists Gas; you will almost never see 1k damage from the initial explosion. If it weren't for the 500 damage toxic proc it would be utterly worthless compared to Purity's massive Corrosive damage or Justice's finisher attack prompt

7 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

In damage capabilities steel veil and arbiters win, loka is decent but surpassed by 4x CP,Perrin is meh and Suda is surpassed by shield disruption, so of course I ignored them. Also I didn't start the comparison I just replied to an incorrect statement so technically I'm not derailing anything lol

So should al of them just have viral and blast?