Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.10.6

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Aurentus said:

The energy color iron skin was much better. If you matched energy to your primary, then he looked pretty damn awesome. I really wish they'd revert the most recent change.

This is debatable really. To clarify my perspective of this, in my opinion it's better to put accent PBR with iron skin PBR so that people have the option of retaining both as gold and not limiting themselves to the default energy color.

The only real answer here is to create a new color choice for the frame, but it's apparent that engine limitations are preventing that in the short term.

Anyway, I'm also a believer that if a change comes at a severe cost then changing as little as possible should be the goal. In other words, losing 1 color channel to gain 2 PBRs is better than losing 2 color channels.

52 minutes ago, AllenWhat said:

•    Fixed more than intended enemies/transmission drones spawning after multiple host migrations.
what does transmission drones means here? I didnt see any enemy-like called that QuQ.

I'm doing a translation for some local Tennos so I hope to know it!

8 minutes ago, LordAngellis said:

Transmission is the TV broadcast floating drone in every room of the arena.

To elaborate a little more, they're the drone you see when you spawn into the arena with Kela and the audience on the screen. Apparently they multiplied with those host migrations.

They got called 'transmission drones' in the main post because their sole purpose of the drones is to receive Kela's video transmissions. Idk what they're named in-game, though.

Edited by Sennera

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes

•    Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin will now reflect your chosen accent color instead of energy color.

Can ye guys make it the same for all prime and their gold skills too? :D

10 minutes ago, Sennera said:

This is debatable really. To clarify my perspective of this, in my opinion it's better to put accent PBR with iron skin PBR so that people have the option of retaining both as gold and not limiting themselves to the default energy color.

The only real answer here is to create a new color choice for the frame, but it's apparent that engine limitations are preventing that in the short term.

Anyway, I'm also a believer that if a change comes at a severe cost then changing as little as possible should be the goal. In other words, losing 1 color channel to gain 2 PBRs is better than losing 2 color channels.

From the other thread:

1 minute ago, Aurentus said:

I don't know. I liked the first change. Really liked it. The bright obnoxious gold was a sore point for me. For about one glorious day, my rhino looked good. Which is why it's so disappointing that it's been changed to something that is significantly worse imo, and not even really what the change advocates wanted.

With energy color, you could pick a color that looked good. Rhino's abilities are fairly low key on the energy color, so it was basically a free channel to adjust iron skin. Now, it's the worst of both worlds. Locked in to a color, and not looking all that great.

20 minutes ago, Aurentus said:

Maybe they should set it to one of the attachment presets, then. By setting it to accent, you force it to match the metallic bits (which it doesn't even end up matching).

Presumably the idea of setting it to energy color was to let us change it at will.

I don't understand how accents is better. It's significantly more restrictive.

Just make your energy color gold if you want gold skin.

It's a warframe power... that's what energy color is supposed to be for.

19 minutes ago, WolfCast said:

It seems their beloved founders have an immunity and rules of fair game don't apply to them.

what makes you think it was just founders who used the exploit? Sad.  Do you have clue the amount of work it would take to sift through data to determine what enemies were killed how and when?  Whether they do or not there is no reason to insult anyone over this.

23 minutes ago, LordAngellis said:

Transmission is the TV broadcast floating drone in every room of the arena.

But I did check it, the name in Arena was "RATHUUM Broadcaster",

thanks anyway, thanks for replying!

18 minutes ago, Sennera said:

To elaborate a little more, they're the drone you see when you spawn into the arena with Kela and the audience on the screen. Apparently they multiplied with those host migrations.

They got called 'transmission drones' in the main post because their sole purpose of the drones is to receive Kela's video transmissions. Idk what they're named in-game, though.

Whoops didn't see your post, now I understand, the name was originally "Transmission Drones" in forums, thanks.

Edited by AllenWhat

1 hour ago, LordRasler said:

"Changed the Acid Shells and Fomorian Accelerant mod to a Madurai polarity. " So if a player has already forma'ed.... hes.... screwed?

Not really. They had been of zenurik polarity, and you can't forma weapons for it.

THANKS FOR USING MY IDEA OMG, hope it looks good >:L

1 hour ago, IEpicWolfI said:

While it's awesome you guys went with my idea, the Ironksin itself still looks severely underwhelming, 

16D2AEDA011F3B2251148DEBDC0CC8EC286F6711

9DBCD1804F23AA4351968AA780D59DC2FAFD00C6

OMG say again it was your idea!

Edited by GrooveZet

1 hour ago, LordRasler said:

"Changed the Acid Shells and Fomorian Accelerant mod to a Madurai polarity. " So if a player has already forma'ed.... hes.... screwed?

Good luck with formaing weapon slot into "=" polarity (spoiler: it's impossible). 

31 minutes ago, bomberman1770 said:

guess people got punished for putting forma on their sobex to the prior acid shells polarity.

38 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Good luck with formaing weapon slot into "=" polarity (spoiler: it's impossible). 

Did you read this one before you posted?

" Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin will now reflect your chosen accent color instead of energy color. " Still looks like plastic. 
I REALLY love the idea of iron skin being colorable, like I can make "diamond" skin, silver or whatever, but it's just the fact that now iron skin looks like some kind of plastic, THAT is my problem, not the colors.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin will now reflect your chosen accent color instead of energy color

IT DIDN'T CHANGE NOTHING! Still there is the problem, it looks like DYE/ PAINT/ VARNISH

Come on guys just put an option in the settings for Deactivate this ugly, orrible, senseless, PBR s***t  thing >-< PLEASE!

Make immortal skins look good on primes like they used to.

Since the color for the metal takes the same slot as another part of the skin, usually trim,

you get trim the same color as the metal, which is very fugly with golds, and in most other cases too.

The easiest way to fix this is to make all primes have a extra tint box for their metal alone.

STILL NO FIX FOR:

•    Rhino Prime’s Iron Skin will now reflect your chosen accent color instead of energy color.

I actually liked more using the energy color. Bleh :|

Also, this:

14 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Make immortal skins look good on primes like they used to.

Since the color for the metal takes the same slot as another part of the skin, usually trim,

you get trim the same color as the metal, which is very fugly with golds, and in most other cases too.

The easiest way to fix this is to make all primes have a extra tint box for their metal alone.

Edited by bhp92
quoting

Fixed the Dual Toxocyst getting ‘excited’ from Sentinel headshots.

Sentinals have heads confirmed!

Fix all da BUGS!

P.S. FOUND IT!

Fix-One-Bug-Two-More-Shall-Take-Its-Plac

Side note:

Bill-Gates-Will-Teach-You-How-to-Count-W

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi
http://i0.wp.com/www.developermemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Bill-Gates-Will-Teach-You-How-to-Count-Windows-10-Meme.jpg

3 hours ago, LordRasler said:

Script 18.10.6: Changed all Zenurik polarities on the Drakgoon and Sobek to Madurai.

That being said, why do you need to forma for those mods, anyway?  They only cost 9, so you have like 4 or 5 mods to forma before that.

Iron Skin looks horrible now Rhino looks like he was dipped in a pot of paint. On the old system i had my Enegry Silver and my accents Gold, so that when i activated Iron Skin you would see just a few hints of that Prime gold surrounded by this alloy/silver. Now its all just 1 colour. please change it back or give us the option to choose if it uses the accent colour or energy colour. This was really a stupid idea to change and it doesn't look appealing at all. 

I wouldn't complain about Iron Skin too much.

It's similar to how it used to look back in early beta, just PBR. At least you can change the color now.

maxresdefault.jpg

And it's way better than this abomination

latest?cb=20130727004529

Or this one

?plugin=ref&page=RHINO&src=Rhino_IronSki

Y'all got short term memories......