Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Layered alerts/missions

blackheartstar_pc

Just making the missions more dynamic. Imagine the mission starts as a spy mission and you do the first spy vault then Lotus pops up and directs you to an excavation site with the info gleamed from the hack. After a predetermined number of successful excavations the next spy vault location opens up and Lotus needs you to hack this one to learn the location of the enemies mining machinery and it turns into a sabotage where you locate and destroy said mining equipment. Lotus directs you towards the 3rd and final spy vault which is to locate the area of the missions vip. This leads it to a capture and then extract. Here is the thing if the spy vault data is destroyed or maybe even the attempt detected it becomes a survival or defense then extract.

This can be mixed up any number of ways. Another example would be starting with and interception that the data leads to a rescue then a defense, or better yet a rescue that turns defense that can only be ended by a successful core destruction sabotage. All in one continuous game/mission.  In my mind new Lotus dialog would help tie these together.

This would give common missions/nodes/alerts with this feature tiny narratives. Entire scenarios could unfold.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

It depends on how they do it. If they make it to where you can sabotage a ship at anytime that would be fun. or Multiple side objectives per mission with a main Objective. Side Objectives would give extra rewards. Also survival needs something such as random events, maybe the towers hull gets damaged or the Grineer suddenly invade the Tower. Something that doesn't make missions longer but changes the mission to be less monotonous. Like the intro that made you choose between saving the Colonists or extracting right away.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

It depends on how they do it. If they make it to where you can sabotage a ship at anytime that would be fun. or Multiple side objectives per mission with a main Objective. Side Objectives would give extra rewards. Also survival needs something such as random events, maybe the towers hull gets damaged or the Grineer suddenly invade the Tower. Something that doesn't make missions longer but changes the mission to be less monotonous. Like the intro that made you choose between saving the Colonists or extracting right away.

i were thinking of weather events per planet they are random and happens to everyones that is in the planet or node here some examples

phobos dust devils/sandstorms

mars sudden aparition of rivers

jupiter gravitational anomaly

ceres acid rain

mercury solar flare

venus heat leakage (explanation time venus normal temperatures are 500 celsius how the hell the grineer can survive that? i think that their quarters in venus are hermetic with refrigerant what happens is there no refrigerant or there is a broken wall? everyone dies (: )

sedna Variable temperature sedna has a very strange orbit he can be near to uranus sometimes and in his farthest state is  well the farthest planet to the sun

this could make some interesting things 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

I'm pretty sure Venus, Mercury, and Mars are getting new tile sets and Ceres already has rain and random lightning strikes.

dont misread im not talking about tile sets im talking about random climatological events that changes the enviroment and gameplay and yeah ceres has it but the lighting strikes for examples is just an animation that appears every x seconds doesnt interacts with players

1 hour ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

no why?

i dont feel it really dynamic is just lengthening normal missions

Dynamic : (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

The mission parts would change depending on rather or not you were able to fulfill previous sections. The example was failing a spy vault changing the out come from excavation and everything that would come after that straight into survival then extract. Success would lead to progressing to the next objective and failure would lead to change of plans to survive until extraction. That's just in the example given above. Like I said any combination could be linked with changing outcomes from completed and failed tasks

2 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Dynamic : (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

The mission parts would change depending on rather or not you were able to fulfill previous sections. The example was failing a spy vault changing the out come from excavation and everything that would come after that to straight into survival then extract. Success would lead to progressing to the next objective and failure would lead to change of plans to survive until extraction. That's just in the example given above. Like I said any combination could be linked with changing outcomes from completed and failed tasks

for me its like going to a corpus mission but every time you go the crewman have different colour

If the difference in missions types and the concept of linking them together into more cohesive complete levels is to you as trivial as uniform colors I'm not sure what you are looking for here. I mean a uniform color has no bearing on what you do or what you are expected to do. The changes I brought up would make for what in my opinion to be longer more enjoyable missions. Other than endless all mission types are to short. Adding a few nodes or just random alerts with this set up would fix that.

3 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

If the difference in missions types and the concept of linking them together into more cohesive complete levels is to you as trivial as uniform colors I'm not sure what you are looking for here. I mean a uniform color has no bearing on what you do or what you are expected to do. The changes I brought up would make for what in my opinion be longer more enjoyable missions. Other than endless all mission types are to short. Add a few nodes or just random alerts with this set up would fix that.

exactly an uniform color has no bearing on the gameplay of the mission i find that your concept is similar why?

with your idea if you fail/win you can take another mission that is different that the original

in actual game you finish a excavation node and instantly you can go to a exterminate mission for example

what im trying to say is what you idea has no change or bearing in gameplay

i think that random events in nodes would make them more dynamic

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

in actual game you finish a excavation node and instantly you can go to a exterminate mission for example

what im trying to say is what you idea has no change or bearing in gameplay

i think that random events in nodes would make them more dynamic

I agree random events would be cool. Even more pre planned events like the collapse in the Moon Defense node.

It sounds like what you are describing is finishing one full mission/node, and being pulled out back to the starmap and selecting a new mission/node. The way it currently is. Going from node to node breaks the flow of game play for me. Rather I'll rephrase, none of it feel connected this way. Also all missions are far to short as they are currently set up (other than endless). It has bearing on game play related to picking out your frame and mod load out. I mean if I go into a defense or mobile defense I bring Frost or Voubon. If I go into survival I take Nekros. Spy Loki. If it's a capture I go Ash or Volt. This would change the way I and some others would pick out frames.

I'm suggesting longer more immersive missions/nodes/alerts where how well you do dictates what happens.  Entire scenarios could unfold.

I also love the idea of selecting something like this not knowing what combination of mission types you'll get.

16 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

I agree random events would be cool. Even more pre planned events like collapse in the Moon Defense node.

It sounds like what you are describing is finishing one full mission/node, and being pulled out back to the starmap and selecting a new mission/node. The way it currently is. Going from node to node breaks the flow of game play for me. Rather I'll rephrase, none of it feel connected this way. Also all missions are far to short as they are currently set up (other than endless).

I'm suggesting longer more immersive missions/nodes/alerts where how well you do dictates what happens. 

I also love the idea of selecting something like this not knowing what combination of mission types you'll get.

well i still disagree not exactly sure with what

maybe ill find it good is it posiible skipping the "other" mission and im not sure what you refer as combination of mission is a mix or is a sequence of missions?

On 5/8/2016 at 6:13 PM, (XB1)Closegato said:

well i still disagree not exactly sure with what

maybe ill find it good is it posiible skipping the "other" mission and im not sure what you refer as combination of mission is a mix or is a sequence of missions?

By combination of mission types I'm mean what series of objectives play out after you hit accept or play now, Once loaded into the map you do not come out until all objectives (that are standard node types) are complete. This creates a sequence. The goal is for longer more varied missions with out being pulled back to your ship.

It could even work as a type of endless mission. The intro speech is something like, "Tenno, this is a hotspot. Prepare for multiple objectives." First objective, you have a cryopod that has to be defended for five waves. After that, there's a spy vault that has information Lotus needs. After that, the enemy shuts off life support and you have to survive for five minutes. With every objective completed, you get a reward on the standard AABC rotation, and of course after each objective the enemy level goes up.

After 40 waves, objectives could start doubling up. Maybe you have to run a spy vault while life support is shut down. Maybe you have to defend a cryopod and run excavators. At 60, you start getting three objectives at a time.

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

It could even work as a type of endless mission. The intro speech is something like, "Tenno, this is a hotspot. Prepare for multiple objectives." First objective, you have a cryopod that has to be defended for five waves. After that, there's a spy vault that has information Lotus needs. After that, the enemy shuts off life support and you have to survive for five minutes. With every objective completed, you get a reward on the standard AABC rotation, and of course after each objective the enemy level goes up.

After 40 waves, objectives could start doubling up. Maybe you have to run a spy vault while life support is shut down. Maybe you have to defend a cryopod and run excavators. At 60, you start getting three objectives at a time.

I love everything you just said :) Especially when the objectives started doubling up !

I want to play this now.

On May 8, 2016 at 5:02 PM, (XB1)Closegato said:

dont misread im not talking about tile sets im talking about random climatological events that changes the enviroment and gameplay and yeah ceres has it but the lighting strikes for examples is just an animation that appears every x seconds doesnt interacts with players

It does damage, procs electric, and can hit enemies doing the same. Thing is what you want sounds like Sortie or Nightmare conditions which are nothing new. I understood what you said I just thought that instead of changing our current environments that they would finish the rest.    

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

Let me be a little Edgy here and suggest. A decent sized open world with mutiple tiles stringed together and side objectives unique to every Planet.    

I'm not sure what that would look like but digging how it sounds. Almost getting a mini open world vibe from your description and there is nothing wrong with that.

for the objective chains, you're almost describing a raid (more of those would be nice) but otherwise they better be clearly labeled because i get satisfaction from doing a quick and clean spy mission and if that gets randomly gunked up on me with an all agro all the time survival I'd get more than a little salty.

as for the environmental hazards, I think they accidentally let slip in a dev stream that something along those lines will be coming with Star Chart 3.0

21 hours ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

It does damage, procs electric, and can hit enemies doing the same. Thing is what you want sounds like Sortie or Nightmare conditions which are nothing new. I understood what you said I just thought that instead of changing our current environments that they would finish the rest.    

no... i think i explained bad in both comments 

im talking about  changing scenario not enviromental hazards i really want to see a river on mars or seeing a phobos sandstorm 

but hey completing a tileset takes a lot of work but a random event or changing just a little bit the scenario is relatively easy

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

Mars looks exactly like Phobos and you're talking about things like Fog randomly appearing instead of being a predefined mission status. Or are you talking about things like on Europa and the Moon where you can alter the environment and certain Areas can collapse. 

yeah like the moon not fog sandstorm where you need to take cover of both enemies and the sandstorm