Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Rework Ideas

JavierLinks123

Hello Everyone!!!!!!

I think Vauban is a really nice frame but he really needs a rework, especially since his prime variant is coming soon!

Maybe have some stat increases as well like shields, armor and sprint speed for his prime.

Sentry Guns would be nice to replace Bounce and a system like Ivara's 1 would be good for him too.

Bounce is no longer useful especially since we have bullet jump. But it is a really awesome trolling ability.

Also his passive really shouldn't be an armor increase with nearby allies.

Post all your ideas here and let's see what DE will do!

Edited by Chromatron
A deluxe skin would be nice too! ;)

2 minutes ago, Crewell said:

Bounce needs to go, but sentry guns sounds fairly similar to what Tesla already is. 

I think Tesla should be replaced like Ivara's 1.

Press 1 to rotate, hold 1 to throw.

Or it can be like Nezha's 1, where you can run around, leaving a trail behind you that shocks and confuses enemies.

I like the Sentry idea, it could be a power with 4 options that deploys a device with varying roles. Something like Shooty Sentry/Medi/Buffer/Energy Recharger, with the buffer roles targeting allied Tenno closest to it and firing a constant beam. The Bounce ability could fuse with Tesla so the ability explodes into a bounce pad. 

Aaaalright ladies and Gentlemen...

1. Ability: Different Grenades: - Shock Grenade (Like the Tesla Grenade now, high damage, low status)

- Booby Trap (which places a small line between point A and B [kinda like Ivaras Zipline] and has a small explosion radius on both ends of the line)

- Bouncy Grenade ( places a Grenade with certain Charges onto th ground, which uplifts people and extends the Combo Timer)

- Electrical Wire ( throws out a pack of barbed and electrified wire, which deals a small amount of damage and slows down enemies)

2. Abiltiy: Sentry Turret: - Places down a Sentry Turret, if you have not placed down one yet

-  Sets your Turret into different modes on reactivation: Ammunition Supply Mode, Medical Bot Mode, Energy Refiller Mode, Turret Mode

3. Ability: Bastille: Pretty much the same as it is right now

4. Ability: Vortex Module: Vauban activates a Module on his Warframe, which creates a strong field of suction. As long as the Module is active it sucks energy, increasing the size to a certain limit. Reactivating the ability will push out the energy proccing magnetic damage on each enemy not hidden behind a Wall/obstruction.

Warframe specific Mods: Mobile Turret: The Turret follows now Vauban, but has less effectivity

Fortified Bastille: The Bastille no longer stops enemies trapped inside, but bullets can no longer get into the field, greatly decreased duration

9 minutes ago, Parciwal said:

Aaaalright ladies and Gentlemen...

1. Ability: Different Grenades: - Shock Grenade (Like the Tesla Grenade now, high damage, low status)

- Booby Trap (which places a small line between point A and B [kinda like Ivaras Zipline] and has a small explosion radius on both ends of the line)

- Bouncy Grenade ( places a Grenade with certain Charges onto th ground, which uplifts people and extends the Combo Timer)

- Electrical Wire ( throws out a pack of barbed and electrified wire, which deals a small amount of damage and slows down enemies)

2. Abiltiy: Sentry Turret: - Places down a Sentry Turret, if you have not placed down one yet

-  Sets your Turret into different modes on reactivation: Ammunition Supply Mode, Medical Bot Mode, Energy Refiller Mode, Turret Mode

3. Ability: Bastille: Pretty much the same as it is right now

4. Ability: Vortex Module: Vauban activates a Module on his Warframe, which creates a strong field of suction. As long as the Module is active it sucks energy, increasing the size to a certain limit. Reactivating the ability will push out the energy proccing magnetic damage on each enemy not hidden behind a Wall/obstruction.

Warframe specific Mods: Mobile Turret: The Turret follows now Vauban, but has less effectivity

Fortified Bastille: The Bastille no longer stops enemies trapped inside, but bullets can no longer get into the field, greatly decreased duration

I like it! :D

But don't you think his 1 and 2 are too much?

His 2 can just be turret mode and you use 1 on it to get different effects.

15 minutes ago, Chromatron said:

I like it! :D

But don't you think his 1 and 2 are too much?

His 2 can just be turret mode and you use 1 on it to get different effects.

It's basically reworking the first two abilities the same way Ivara's Quiver works, to make him more of a tactician.

Just now, (PS4)Raikeran said:

It's basically reworking the first two abilities the same way Ivara's Quiver works, to make him more of a tactician.

Yes I realize that but won't that make him too OP?

I think throwing his 1 onto the turrets are better.

I love combos and ability synergy, so I came up with this. The idea is that you can set up elaborate traps for your enemies to walk into that toss them all over the place in a satisfying fashion. This kit isn't about damage or tankiness or support, it sticks to Vauban's theme of crowd control via static emplacements. I think it would be hella fun to play with.

1. Tesla Charge: Throw a grenade that deals electric damage to all nearby enemies and stuns them.

2. Blast Bomb: Place a proximity mine which, when triggered, deals blast damage to all nearby enemies and sends them flying away.

3. Sticky Pad: Place a sticky pad on a surface (can be placed on the ground, walls, or ceiling). Enemies who touch it are disabled for the duration and cannot move. Throwing a Tesla Charge at the pad causes enemies stuck to the pad to take corrosive damage and receive corrosive procs.

4. Implosion: Place a contained singularity. Recast to release, instantly pulling in all enemies in a wide radius to the center.

Unfortunately, if we go by the promotional video, not one of his skills will be changed- which is more than a pity.

I mostly like his skills, but they need to have an overhaul and buff -stat!

His first just tickles anything higher than level 10 unless you unleash a dozen of them, his second annoys your team more than it helps, third is so-so most of the time and great in certain niches (read; Infested or Disarmed) and his 4th is just another way to kill enemies with Ignis/Amprex/Tonkor/WhatHaveYou.

Triple the damage on his first, edit the hell out of his second (I always wanted it to be more like the pinball spheres that knock your ball away every time they touch it rather than what it is now), leave his 3rd alone and boost the 4th to high heaven so you don't need a team of Amprex/Lanka/Tonkor/Penta/Whatever users to get any use from it.

7 hours ago, Lyravain said:

Unfortunately, if we go by the promotional video, not one of his skills will be changed- which is more than a pity.

I mostly like his skills, but they need to have an overhaul and buff -stat!

His first just tickles anything higher than level 10 unless you unleash a dozen of them, his second annoys your team more than it helps, third is so-so most of the time and great in certain niches (read; Infested or Disarmed) and his 4th is just another way to kill enemies with Ignis/Amprex/Tonkor/WhatHaveYou.

Triple the damage on his first, edit the hell out of his second (I always wanted it to be more like the pinball spheres that knock your ball away every time they touch it rather than what it is now), leave his 3rd alone and boost the 4th to high heaven so you don't need a team of Amprex/Lanka/Tonkor/Penta/Whatever users to get any use from it.

Something like this could work, I like the thought of a repulsor pad. 

17 hours ago, Chromatron said:

Yes I realize that but won't that make him too OP?

I think throwing his 1 onto the turrets are better.

Okay, how about when he throws his grenades, they explode into a sentry/obstacle pad?