Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum, Sedna, and Saryn, Chro-my!

Giantconch

• 2 weeks later...

i can easily kill kela de thaym and tyl regor in a matter of a few minutes but the fact that i have to grind through rathuum missions is idiotic to the extreme. I need the saryn part for chroma. i hated the rathuum event and had no interest in doing it at all and then to come back later trying to get chroma and finding that i have to put up with this complete lack of foresight on the part of the de i am thoroughly pissed off.

On 5/10/2016 at 10:53 PM, Shockwave- said:

"...It is still easier, and more fun, to get saryn than equinox."

I've lost count of how many times I've gone after Kela. Besides the (imo) pointlessness of Rathuum, Kela's fight is just annoying. Why? Because I know it's going to be pointless. It seems like the drop chances are:

Saryn Helmet Bp: 49.95%

Saryn Chassis Bp: 49.95%

Saryn Systems Bp: 0.1%

Chroma might have to wait until I farm Rathuum for a ton of points to repeatedly farm Kela. Yaaay, the grind is gone.

Oh the salt doth flow.....

I'm also MR21 and their are very few things I haven't been through. Getting Chroma is one of them. Rathuum is literally one of the worst things in the game for me. It's not hard, but I have a distinct hate for pvp as it feels unrewarding and in this regard it's super grind heavy. This is the only reason why I don't have Chroma yet. Even the battles themselves aren't really that hard, but just grindy as all h***. Frost + bubble on energy node + Telos Boltor= Dead opponents and I giant heap of meh.

On 20.6.2016 at 0:23 PM, Aireven said:

What's really irking me is the judgment points awarded for the level 20/40 arena. Running 10/20+ arena's for each attempt at Kela is not challenging the new/casual players, its just putting a grind wall in front of them with a big middle finger painted on it saying "Buy your saryn and chroma with platinum".

I also do not like this but it is not much different from farming other frames. 

If you farm for Mesa you have to get three Alad V nav coordinates to get one shot at one random part. To get only one of these coordinates you either have to fight Phorid three times in a row when his outbreak shows up or do derilect defense for 10-15 waves. 

And dont get me started with Limbo farming *sigh*

That kind of grind is sadly the state of the game. And I do not think DE will change it because it is their way to sell frames for plat.

1 hour ago, Arkblue said:

We are at a point where Prime Frames are cheaper to acquire than regular frames, at least for cases like Saryn Prime vs Saryn or Ash Prime vs Ash. 

Exactly. This is one of those things that I want to ask them to allow prime parts to be used as well as the regular parts. I could actually make chroma at least 3 times over if that were the case.

I'll add my distaste for the Kela grind here as well. I actually liked the event and thought it was fun, however I was really disappointed to see that it stuck around as a permanent and mandatory part of Saryn's grind. Kela's fight is already more involved than most, if not all, other boss fights, without adding this ridiculous grind each time you want to do that fight.

I actually already have Saryn Prime, and was able to get Chroma built before the Rathuum event, but want to also level Saryn for the mastery rank, but I just have so much trouble bringing myself to grind those arenas over and over again for a chance to fight Kela and not get what I was after. I'm fine with that grind being part of the Kela scenario, the first time, but after that, please just let us skip all that grinding and go straight to the fight, like pretty much every other boss in the game. I think that's a good compromise, we still have to do the event once, but we can avoid what feels like an endless and pointless grind to get to Kela to farm the parts we want.

On 8/10/2016 at 7:55 AM, Calvyr said:

I just have so much trouble bringing myself to grind those arenas over and over again for a chance to fight Kela and not get what I was after. I'm fine with that grind being part of the Kela scenario, the first time, but after that, please just let us skip all that grinding and go straight to the fight, like pretty much every other boss in the game. I think that's a good compromise, we still have to do the event once, but we can avoid what feels like an endless and pointless grind to get to Kela to farm the parts we want.

This is how it should go. Instead of implementing the grind gate every time, require it to get to her in the first place just like clearing the nodes. Each node on the way over has a required point cap you have to get to before you can use it and it finishes off with Kela. That would clear up most of the issue pretty fast.