Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots/weapon Slots Need A Overhaul.

ChaotikDreamz

Yes i know this topic has been placed here many times. And i also know many of you are gonna say DE dev's need to eat blah blah blah. I don't care about those pointless post i am going to make some valid points.

The need to buy weapon/warframe slots is hard on the game. It's almost now DE is is basically triple dipping in the money bin. The need to level weapons/warframes is a much needed aspect in this game and the limited slots without buying really puts a damper on anyone that doesn't have 5 dollars they can spare. Let alone with the added forma it's really a kick in the beep.

These ideas work in MMORPG's why cuz 90% of players only play 1-2 classes for like 9 million hours of game play and when they want more they either buy a slot or just reroll a new account. Limited slots work well there.

Another game with limited slots Firefall - Limited slots in firefall work very well only for the concept if i sell my teir 1 or 2 class type and decide i want to play the teir 1-2 again for PvP purposes i just work my rear off for the credits and rebuy it. And get my teir 1-2 back the way i sold it full XP and all the fun jazz. This idea works well. Also left with choice to buy slots or re-roll another account.

Ghost Recon online - limited slots also but slots are in-game currency or real currency. Just works.

Other Shooters - Mostly unlimited inventory with a Duration/ repair bill need for upkeep of a weapon.

Now in Warframe it's pretty like a warframe use it want to progess buy a slot might like that frame to buy another slot. Now you spent more then what you wanted left with decsion buy slots or chuck something in the trash you spent hours on added forma possibly bought taters for it. Pretty much pay or play till you get bored and quit.

Either way slots def need a major overhaul considering the progression is based so much on actually using weapons and warframes. I could understand the limited slots if this game was more based on longevity of a warframe or weapon but it's just not that way at all.

Give us a WF slot @ level 2 4 and 6, 2 weapon slots @ level 1 3 5. problem solved.

This is the way I like to think about it too.

Players should be able to earn Slots up to a certain predetermined Cap. That way they can have a decent sized Library of items without paying - but you still give them reason to considering buying more slots eventually.

Players should be able to earn Slots up to a certain predetermined Cap. That way they can have a decent sized Library of items without paying - but you still give them reason to considering buying more slots eventually.

This makes me happy. I do like earning something with Mastery than that just being more of a bragging right.

They said you'd be able to get new slots from Mastery Ranks...

A few Livestreams ago....

I wonder when they'll hold up on that?

They ddin't say they would do this they said they would think about it. And well I don't think they liked that idea since it's been no way implemented or even talked about since. Also look at live streams after that and the slot questions get ignored faster then their typed.

I wouldn't mind a earned slot specially with the dojo items needing highest rank 7 thats alot of warframes/weapons to level to get there. And who knows what might come later in content might start seeing rank locked content (ex. need to be rank 9 to get to new solar system)  in the furture who knows.

I would even be happy with the firefall system. If i sell my potato'd forma'd warframe and played another and farmed the sold frame back i would get my sold frame back tater'd and forma'd but rank 0 needing releveled also goes for weapons.

Edited by ChaotikDreamz

I hate to say it, but that's a source of income. This is a free-to-play-yet-devs-need-money-duh game after all.

Personally, I would of prefer that the game had been put up for $20-25 on steam,(finished, with necessary changes for a stand alone title) Later, a PvP DLC or new frames and a new enemy for $10.

I had little discussion about that yesterday with my friend and he said,that slots for frames and weapons need to be free.

When I said,these things require server space and maintenance,he said "I want my stuff free,let someone else pay

for that".

Edited by zorinho20

I had little discussion about that yesterday with my friend and he said,that slots for frames and weapons need to be free.

When I said,these things require server space and maintenance,he said "I want my stuff free,let someone else pay

for that".

re-rolling accounts takes up more space. so your point was pretty much pointless. also theres plenty of other micro transactions. people need to stop thinking slots are the only source of income.

I'm okay with the current Slot System. They need money after all, and milking your community with slots is better than "Pay2Win".

If you're too poor or greedy to purchuase Platinum for 5 Euro then maybe it's not the game you're looking for?

re-rolling accounts takes up more space. so your point was pretty much pointless. also theres plenty of other micro transactions. people need to stop thinking slots are the only source of income.

Look,I might be correct or no about that,but it doesn´t matter.

I just wanna say,that there are people that I know irl,who would like to have everything,but refuse to pay 1 cent for it.

Edited by zorinho20

The need to buy slots with Pt is a good one. However the current limit of two Warframe slots to start with is a little ridiculous (not counting the starting Pt because so many new players don't expect to be limited to the number of characters they can have and this never spend their Pt on frames). Being able to earn 2 more frame slots and 4 more weapon slots through mastery is auch needed addition, imo

i am going to have to agree that two warframe slots is a bit limited. warframes don't really feel as expendable as weapons levelled for mastery do, even if it's something i'll probably never go back to like Excalibur i'd like to hold on to it. I like the idea of unlocking one or two more from mastery rather than just handing them out though.

weapons i haven't had nearly as much trouble with, i've got a few i hold on to but most i get are ranked up to 30 and vendored, and i probably wouldn't keep them if i had unlimited slots tbh.

Edited by Zaik_Torek

The correct Topic reads: "I think Warframe Slots/weapon slots need a overhaul."

Beginners error.

To post an answer: You think wrong badly.

OR

You THOUGHT wrong.

Cheers

FTFY

Edited by xenapan

Not the only source, but clearly a reliable one.

Chances are more players will spend the money on the lowest tier for platinum for more weapon/frame* or orokin catalyst/reactor. Compared to a color scheme(really expensive, not sure why), new weapon, or new frame. Those who otherwise would not have purchased platinum.

*I feel as if a frame slot should be added with Mastery Rank. Beggining with lvl2.

Edited by Vitalidad

Slots for money means more people just play their super powered 1 set of items.  Ok i guess, boring for anyone who mixes it up a little.  The thing pushing my group of friends to play in a boring matter is fear of losing those 4 lives.

They spent around 20 bucks on the game, mostly ended up on latron (now prime) and frost or excal and bought a couple slots but really just went the forma route and now slam the game into the ground quick with the Latron (best weapon in game, 1-shots everything at any range especially with zoom mod now) but if they take a real death they refuse to try anything difficult for 24 hours.  Typically on a defense mission after wave 10 this may occur.

So in the end I am ok with slots being real money (although it does stagnate the game for groups that won't buy more slots) but I really think the death platinum cost needs to drop so folks try for the more challenging things (namely defense and tower 3 with lower level gear.)

This is something i agree with, we need a way of earning a few slots without having to pay, instead of having to pay every, single, time. It becomes a pay wall, which the DE's said multiple times they don't like paywalls. I understand having to buy slots eventually but, having 2 slots permanently, without buying any, is a pain, it also delays the purchase of potato's and forma's which we can't get atm thanks to the alert system. So they need to compromise on one of them otherwise players will start getting discouraged, causing playerbase issues eventually.

I do not really care about topics like this any more as DE doesn't care either. They are just trying to squeeze people for some little monies every way possible and they are loosing players which is evident at least in my timezone. I payed my way around to have all the slots and goodies but it is still bitter feeling to see how people leave the game because of lack of DE's willingness to do something about chronic small money squeezing c***blocks in the game. At least make those things that bother free players most very expensive, like 50$ for slot or something so we can pay properly for those as well.

Edited by Twistank

Personally I think we get enough for free, don't be so damn cheap and support the game. 10 bucks in platinum will get ya plent of slots, and help support the people who make this nice game.