Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots/weapon Slots Need A Overhaul.

ChaotikDreamz

Personally I think we get enough for free, don't be so damn cheap and support the game. 10 bucks in platinum will get ya plent of slots, and help support the people who make this nice game.

Well we aren't cheap, most of us dump money into it to buy other things (such as potatos, formas, and other stuff). What the thread is saying is that of course they need to make money, but the slots that we are limited too are, in fact, too limited. If a person feels a game deserves money, they give it money, hence the Founders icon beside my name and others. We don't want to feel like we HAVE to pay, we want to feel like we can pay whenever we want instead of when the developers feel we should start paying. And we should start paying eventually, but not so early into the game that you get 2 warframes and now you HAVE to spend money.

What im thinking.

Level 0 to level 1 = nada.

Nothing.

Level 2 = +1 weapon slot

Level 3 = +1 weapon slot

Level 4 = +1 Frame slot

Level 5 = +1 weapon slot

Level 6 = +1 weapon slot

Level 7 = +1 Frame slot

Level 8 = +1 weapon slot

Level 9 = +1 weapon slot

Level 10 = +1 Frame slot

That gives a grand total of 14 weapon slots and 5 frame slots at level 10. 

Edited by fatpig84

What im thinking.

Level 0 to level 1 = nada.

Nothing.

Level 2 = +1 weapon slot

Level 3 = +1 weapon slot

Level 4 = +1 Frame slot

Level 5 = +1 weapon slot

Level 6 = +1 weapon slot

Level 7 = +1 Frame slot

Level 8 = +1 weapon slot

Level 9 = +1 weapon slot

Level 10 = +1 Frame slot

That gives a grand total of 14 weapon slots and 5 frame slots at level 10. 

something like this but, its going to take forever to get to level 10 lol

Hmm the Developers starving seems less likely than the developers profiteering, however, I could be wrong. The one thing that seems unsettling is I have a few friends who have purchased a 200 dollars founders pack (3 x of the cost of a retail title in stores). You surely expect to get the basics with that kind of investment right? Wrong. So you do get the excali prime and skana and lato prime, a lot of platinum and some council type thing. However  they still had to pay for the Color schemes with platinum as well as weapon and warframe slots. Granted if the developers gave you all the warframes and what not off the get go without having to build anything yourself it would feel pay to win (even though it is not PvP) but its kind of a slap in the face when you invest 200 dollars in a game and you still have to use micro-transaction currency for color palettes and inventory slots : /

Hmm the Developers starving seems less likely than the developers profiteering, however, I could be wrong. The one thing that seems unsettling is I have a few friends who have purchased a 200 dollars founders pack (3 x of the cost of a retail title in stores). You surely expect to get the basics with that kind of investment right? Wrong. So you do get the excali prime and skana and lato prime, a lot of platinum and some council type thing. However  they still had to pay for the Color schemes with platinum as well as weapon and warframe slots. Granted if the developers gave you all the warframes and what not off the get go without having to build anything yourself it would feel pay to win (even though it is not PvP) but its kind of a slap in the face when you invest 200 dollars in a game and you still have to use micro-transaction currency for color palettes and inventory slots : /

It seems you dont understand the thing about plat at all. You say: Your friends pay 200 bucks and still have to use micro transactions.

I dont see the problem here. They got their money back in plat currency. And thats how you get the stuff the fast way. With plat.

It seems you dont understand the thing about plat at all. You say: Your friends pay 200 bucks and still have to use micro transactions.

I dont see the problem here. They got their money back in plat currency. And thats how you get the stuff the fast way. With plat.

It seems you don't understand my point. I have purchased plat and understand its utility, just for those who have paid for founders packs, it seems a bit scandalous that they themselves are subject to a slot cap. A slot cap serves no purpose to the game itself and is merely a means to give platinum a value to the player. If a slot cap had an in game purpose more slots would be made available through certain achievements or progressions.

I understand that plat is a means for income for those involved with warframe, however the average player views it as "pay to get S#&$ fast", But it would seem to be more equitable if those who purchased founders packs would have enough slots for all the weapons and warframes off the bat and a bit of platinum to get some guns and warframes without having to grind (350 for frost and vauban at the moment, 225 for most of the other ones is kind of steep considering 19 plat = 1 Dollar USD). At those rates it isn't even possible to buy 1/4 of the stuff with the initial 1200 plat which still exposes players to the grind. That 1200 starting plat seems just enough for 2-3 frames or 2-3 weapons. That excludes costs of orokin catlysts/reactors (which are kind of essential for end game planets and high level defence, unless you enjoy being carried by players with stronger gear). Why not give a founders pack player a choice of 3 warframes (1 from each price tier 75, 225 and 350 plat and a choice of a few weapons and a supercharger for each). "I'll trade you your legal government issued currency for our fake in game money" seems a little asinine doesn't it? 

Assuming you're talking about the $250 one, it comes without enough platinum to unlock enough slots for every weapon/frame in the game with more than 8000 plat left over. Not sure what you mean "still have to pay for slots."