Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing the Stradavar

Gahrzerkire

This is extremely easy. The important value is the firerate. THAT will keep damage output balanced.

In Auto Mode: 

• 30 Physical Damage
  • 35% Status
  • 5% Crit Chance
  • 1.5x Crit Damage
  • 10 Firerate

In Semi Auto Mode:

• 75 Physical Damage
  • 10% status
  • 30% Crit Chance
  • 3x Crit Damage
  • 3 Firerate
  • Consumes 3 ammo per shot

Ideally another thing that would be added, is two of the mod slots, say the 1st and 2nd are swapped when you switch fire modes, allowing you to change your elemental combo. I.E. Corrosive +Cold in Auto/Status to Viral +Elec when in Semi auto. Why this would be cool is in the explanation as to why this is a good fix.

Why?

Simple, With the high status and auto fire this gun would be able to quickly apply status procs to surrounding enemies, whether that is use viral to lower their health by 50%, cold to stun lock them, or Corrosive to drain armor, this would be the perfect mode for quickly applying lots of statuses to a group or a single target. The Lower fire rate and single shot mode, would provide significantly higher damage, and the ability to kill all the weakened enemies with ease. 

the reason that i proposed to two mod slots that swap is simple, you would be able to swap elemental combos. Why would this be nice?

A. sentinels B. corrosive armor drain to viral health half. 

Edited by Gear-hart

Nice thoughts on how to improve it. And i would like to see them in the game so the gun doesnt become just junk in my arsenal. But lets face it they are rarely going to improve a weapon just how you just are proposing. It seems way too much over powered? Kind of.

Why not just tweak the stats so that the two modes work with the same build, rather than necessitating a mod swap mechanic?

Full Retard:

30 Base Damage

10% 20% Critical Chance

2.0 Critical Multiplier

5% Status Chance

9 rounds/sec

Semi Retard:

30 Base Damage

20% Critical Chance

2.0 3.0 Critical Multiplier

5% Status Chance

3 rounds/sec

By making the crit chance 20% in both modes, it can benefit from crit mods in both modes. A high crit multi in semi-auto mode gives it punch in semi-auto (comparable to latron variants but with a huge magazine).

@00zau why not making it have a 4.0 Critical Multiplier on Semi Retard mode? Since its MR8 lol. But yeah having a higher crit chance on both modes can be beneficial to the gun. Hoping the critical chance increases to 20%-25%.

10 minutes ago, 00zau said:

Why not just tweak the stats so that the two modes work with the same build, rather than necessitating a mod swap mechanic?

My thoughts exactly, just tweak it so the gun is all around more friendly to crit build and give semi-auto increased crit damage so it can deal more meaty crits and compare to other semi-autos. 

6 hours ago, 00zau said:

Full Retard:

30 Base Damage

10% 20% Critical Chance

2.0 Critical Multiplier

5% Status Chance

9 rounds/sec

Semi Retard:

30 Base Damage

20% Critical Chance

2.0 3.0 Critical Multiplier

5% Status Chance

3 rounds/sec

By making the crit chance 20% in both modes, it can benefit from crit mods in both modes. A high crit multi in semi-auto mode gives it punch in semi-auto (comparable to latron variants but with a huge magazine).

OMFG you didnt read it did you? The wording i used is "ideally" and honestly you missed the point of the mod slot swap completely, its to allow you to swap two mods positions in the mod order. I.E. say you have malignant force in 1, high voltage in 2, point strike in 3, and Rime rounds in 4. say 2 and 4 are the swap slots, when switching fire modes you go from corrosive cold, to viral electric. make sense? both fire modes would work with the same mod layout.

And given the guns current situation how would modding change with my proposed changes? hmmm? please tell me how you wouldnt use a crit build. the only difference is instead of using 90% damage mods, you would swap to 60% damage 60% status. 

58 minutes ago, Gear-hart said:

OMFG you didnt read it did you? The wording i used is "ideally" and honestly you missed the point of the mod slot swap completely, its to allow you to swap two mods positions in the mod order. I.E. say you have malignant force in 1, high voltage in 2, point strike in 3, and Rime rounds in 4. say 2 and 4 are the swap slots, when switching fire modes you go from corrosive cold, to viral electric. make sense? both fire modes would work with the same mod layout.

And given the guns current situation how would modding change with my proposed changes? hmmm? please tell me how you wouldnt use a crit build. the only difference is instead of using 90% damage mods, you would swap to 60% damage 60% status. 

The point is that your proposal requires an entirely new mechanic to be added to the game to serve (currently) one weapon, as well as completely changing the identity of the weapon by turning the auto mode into a status weapon when it currently isn't. In addition, it will still be useless damage-wise in automatic mode due to the even lower crit stats.

And your proposal does 'necessitate' your 'ideal' addition because that would be the only saving grace of the automatic mode. Without that mechanic, the automatic mode would have no real draws over the semi-auto.

22 hours ago, Gear-hart said:

This is extremely easy. The important value is the firerate. THAT will keep damage output balanced.

In Auto Mode: 

• 30 Physical Damage
  • 35% Status
  • 5% Crit Chance
  • 1.5x Crit Damage
  • 10 Firerate

In Semi Auto Mode:

• 75 Physical Damage
  • 10% status
  • 30% Crit Chance
  • 3x Crit Damage
  • 3 Firerate
  • Consumes 3 ammo per shot

Lol, your idea of semi-auto is a gun that is 3x stronger than Latron P, which is pretty strong itself. You forget that Latron P also has much higher recoil and much lower magazine than Stradavar. Basically, if they buff only the base damage at 75 and leave the crit at 20%/2x, it will already be above Latron P.