Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bandaid augment mods and Scott's forgotten promise.

tripletriple

Only agree on Chroma.

Ash's Mod isn't really bandaid (ok maybe a tiny bit) because it only feels that way when the player is using daggers. If the player is not using Covert Lethality, the Augment actually boosts the Finisher damage by 200% and refunds 50% energy. 

28 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I wasn't around when Oberon got "nerfed" but i heard he could turn you into zombie with his Renewal, is that true?

You couldn't die as long as renewal was active you'd start to fall from the downed animation and then just get back up when it healed you past 0 health

You know, there's nothing wrong with presenting your opinion or making requests of the devs, but it really bothers me when: the devs might say they're looking into something, or considering something, and then someone makes some misleading post about them 'promising' it. Scott never promised anything.

Besides declaring that Founders gear is never returning, I can't remember them concretely promising a single thing in Warframe, ever. Please don't try to imply that the devs have somehow been disingenuous with your slimy thread title.

8 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

You know, there's nothing wrong with presenting your opinion or making requests of the devs, but it really bothers me when: the devs might say they're looking into something, or considering something, and then someone makes some misleading post about them 'promising' it. Scott never promised anything.

Besides declaring that Founders gear is never returning, I can't remember them concretely promising a single thing in Warframe, ever. Please don't try to imply that the devs have somehow been disingenuous with your slimy thread title.

^This

Everyone ASSUMES that whatever they THINK they heard is an ironclad promise. If they go back and listen again, NOTHING was promised, but it had to be. Because they want it to be. Well, I am with the Rolling Stones on that.-

DE LEARNED their lesson about doing things like that. It's not DE's fault that people assume that whatever THEY desire will happen instantly and perfectly.

Edited by Kalenath
misplaced text

I like to use my warframes with neutral aura so I'm not limiting myself in any way.

If an augment slot is presented on top of the exilus, it's pretty much impossible to hold over 1 destinct build on a frame with cpacity for it. I know it's a minor thing but I don't want to be forced to use an aura polarity, it's limiting and stupid. If augments lose their capacity drain and give us some special like weekly event to earn a device to unlock augment slots, I'd gladly agree.

Well it's always better when augments really change power to something else or work like traits from Fallout. I was really surprised when I saw last patch. Those things look nice but they shouldn't be implemented as augments, that's for sure. 

Edited by Hesyol

Devs dont seem to like to make promises anymore. Maybe rough estimates but nothing is set in stone.

Also not all of the augments are bandaids though some are just generally qol mods you dont really wanna live without. Imo a bandaid fixes a problem with another "problem" and that without the mod, something is useless or subpar

Bandaid imo: Fire quack

Because without it, all you have is a low damage 4 that rarely procs panic

Nova's atom augment : because without the ability, it applies no CC and the damage itself is subpar. At least the augment gives it utility. 

Qol: pretty much any of the buffs damage by x%, chroma's ward augment, regenerative molt.

Because alone, the abilities are good but with the mod, it makes it better and fixes a small issues

im definitely glad im not the only one noticing this "trend" occurring. i mean ill definitely support DE with the decisions and works that they make from here on to the future but i just wish certain statements they make in devstreams were handled a little more carefully rather than giving hopes up to the warframe community. As for the topic on augment mods themselves, the more entropy, choices, and variety we start receiving in each update in terms of mods, the less room/freedom we start to have, especially when these augment mods have such potential within synergistic plays but is diminished simply because of the lack of space to even implement them.

i propose we have a mix of ideas to fix this situation in which our ability slots or even just 1 slot offers a free space for the augments. this way, people have some degree of freedom without having the feel of these mods being "bandaids" to our warframes. of course i am aware that this isnt completely acceptable to everyone but its just a simple/quick idea that not only i but many others have had for quite some time ever since the introduction to augment mods in the first place.

30 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Ash's Mod isn't really bandaid (ok maybe a tiny bit) because it only feels that way when the player is using daggers. If the player is not using Covert Lethality, the Augment actually boosts the Finisher damage by 200% and refunds 50% energy. 

It is a bandaid mod to fix teleport not always opening enemies to finisher

40 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

It's a great augment but it is something that should have been innate. Similar to Ice wave and SG augment. They're great but they should have been buffs, not augments.

Perhaps Ice Wave yes, but certainly not Snow Globe augment. All you have to do is just pay attention to enemies around you and shoot them the minute they enter the darn globe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

"Bandaid mods" are basically mods that are used to counter-act a system that is either seen as a) broken or b) unfair. Handspring is an example of a bandaid mod, but something like Phoenix Renewal for Oberon is not. Augments are exactly as their names state that they are- augments. Augments seek to enhance an ability, not "bandaid". Sure, I do love my Sonar with Resonance and yes, it makes it immensely more powerful, but I can use Sonar without it. In fact, every ability can be, and was, used without augments. The problem with people is that they thirst for power, so they wish for these augments to become one with the ability that they enhanced.

You wish for more powercreep, Tenno.

More people need to take a look at your comment and reflect upon it.

Powercreeps everywhere these days..

49 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

You couldn't die as long as renewal was active you'd start to fall from the downed animation and then just get back up when it healed you past 0 health

So Obe1 "had" something that made him stand apart from Trinity as healer yet DE gimped him down, why DE why :(

20 minutes ago, khydhy said:

It is a bandaid mod to fix teleport not always opening enemies to finisher

It always opens to finisher. The window is small but it always opens for finisher

The "bug" with Teleport is that it sometimes displaces Ash when he Teleports onto an enemy not on level ground (when on slopes etc)

13 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

So Obe1 "had" something that made him stand apart from Trinity as healer yet DE gimped him down, why DE why :(

Well it was pretty OP just saying they could have just added a cooldown to that and added a more useful augment

6 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

On the subject of bandaids. I think everyone seems to have missed the king of the kings of bandaids.

A syndicate mod for Miter (!!!) which would have a 90% chance to instantly pop a Nullie bubble. Like... why? So we'd have a token sad excuse of a Nullie counter?

No.

People DEMANDED a way to do that because for some players, Nullifiers are too OP. So, DE thought about it. They haven't added that one yet, have they?

But I know, it isn't good enough because it doesn't powercreep everything out of the water.

thinking twice about it after countless test

Oberon Phoenix renewal is not a bandaid

it's just purely useless....

At low lvl The classic renewal is enough , at high lvl the augment change nothing the time you cast it your mate is already dead lol

and if he  is not it give 1/3 sec to take cover before being dead

it should at least benefit of the aoe effect of a classic revive or set everything around on fire.. like a phoenix would

Edited by Tsoe

1 minute ago, Kalenath said:

No.

People DEMANDED a way to do that because for some players, Nullifiers are too OP. So, DE thought about it. They haven't added that one yet, have they?

But I know, it isn't good enough because it doesn't powercreep everything out of the water.

Have you actually tried to play with Miter by any chance? Actually play, not passive-lvl on Draco and throw away style. That thing is almost painful to use. It's like a bow without everything which makes bows fun.

9 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Have you actually tried to play with Miter by any chance? Actually play, not passive-lvl on Draco and throw away style. That thing is almost painful to use. It's like a bow without everything which makes bows fun.

I still have mine. I do use it occasionally. Its useful at times against Infested or when I just want to throw giant sawblades at stuff. There IS something to be said for that at times.

It is NOT a normal weapon by any stretch of the imagination but it is better than the Panthera. It takes some skill to use and it is not as powerful or as fast as other weapons, so it is relegated to mastery fodder by most. Not all.

Myself I would prefer snipers and bows to have such a bubble popping augment but I can see launchers of any kind being able to bring such things down temporarily.

And FYI? I wouldn't touch Draco with a pole an Astronomical Unit long.

Edited by Kalenath

42 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

It always opens to finisher. The window is small but it always opens for finisher

The "bug" with Teleport is that it sometimes displaces Ash when he Teleports onto an enemy not on level ground (when on slopes etc)

Sometimes when enemies are performing some actions they won't be opened to finisher

These things:

2 hours ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

"Bandaid mods" are basically mods that are used to counter-act a system that is either seen as a) broken or b) unfair. Handspring is an example of a bandaid mod, but something like Phoenix Renewal for Oberon is not. Augments are exactly as their names state that they are- augments. Augments seek to enhance an ability, not "bandaid". Sure, I do love my Sonar with Resonance and yes, it makes it immensely more powerful, but I can use Sonar without it. In fact, every ability can be, and was, used without augments. The problem with people is that they thirst for power, so they wish for these augments to become one with the ability that they enhanced.

You wish for more powercreep, Tenno.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

The general use of hyperbole and clickbait titles makes me stay away from the forums.

14 minutes ago, khydhy said:

Sometimes when enemies are performing some actions they won't be opened to finisher

Eh is that so? But hard to shy off the 50% Energy Refund and Bonus Finisher damage as "just a bandaid" tho.

But think of it this way : If Teleport were to force a Finisher everytime, then it would mean bye bye Teleporting on enemies just for mobility, unless yu remove Melee weapon.

I still think its more of an "option" mod than a Bandaid. 

My definination of Bandaid is that it is implmented to fix something that is broken. For example Covert Lethality was implmented to give reason to use Daggers, when the innate Lethal kill effect could have been easily made as a passive for all daggers.

That is what I call a Bandaid.