Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive weapons issues after U18

Icebreccer

So I decided to make a "good" video of the current issues of the Glaive weapons after the U18. Before U18 Glaive weapons were really enjoyable to use and there weren't anything really wrong about them. They had decent utility and damage and were somewhat "niche" weapons back then (because the damage being decent isn't that good the more end-game you go).

I used the Kestrel as an example in this video:

Glaive weapons are already a niche and they require lots of mandatory mods to make full use of them. Now thanks to the U18 clumsiness I have to install yet another mandatory mod, the Fury in order to make the weapon at least a bit more bearable to use. I'm only asking that their thrown mechanic would be brought back to their pre-U18 state to make them comfortable and enjoyable to use. For me the awkward diagonal throw and the headache camera shake ruin all the fun. I could live with the clumsy initial melee swing if the throw itself would be reverted.

Good vid.  I'm glad someone went through the trouble to raise awareness for this annoyance.

The change that affected what side of the frame appears to have worked on bows too.  For bows, if you do a quick spin right before you hip-fire, it's like the old system.  I doubt that this will work for thrown weapons though since they have an immobilizing animation.

I'd like to note that I used Gleaming Talon in the video. For example the forward stepping is even worse with the Astral Twilight.

That remind me that one solution could be a new stance mod for the Glaives which gives back the old throwing style. A stance focused on the throwing mechanic.

Edited by Judqment8

The Glaive was my go-to weapon for everything, and I only switched to another primary/secondary because of situational conditions, and the shakes/delay/etc kind of put me off playing my Excalibur account at all.

There is seriously ZERO reasons for the thrown weapons to have this excess baggage attached, considering how niche they already are. This really needs another look at.

I don't care about Glaive weapons "buffs", but unless they are re-streamlined in their use, they keep becoming harder and harder to use with updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2016 at 2:29 AM, DSpite said:

I don't care about Glaive weapons "buffs", but unless they are re-streamlined in their use, they keep becoming harder and harder to use with updates.

This so much. I have still hopes for U19, but I don't want to see myself stuck with this throwing headache for the rest of the year. So please DE, give us something.

I seriously want a glaive mechanic that was on par with dark sector :c

increasing the hit box for glaives would be nice, and a war frame with a glaive mechanic as a 4 would be cool too. I just want to go into a game with just a glaive and destroy people, maybe glaives could work off of power strength haha just a thought

omg just watched your video I want that back so bad again :C can't the weapon just come back and not fly around everywhere and can it do damage and just instantly be throw or just make it into a secondary! I just want to use it!!!

Edited by SempaiMint

Another hotfix and nothing for Glaives. We still have U19 coming and all, but getting a word from a dev would warm my tiny heart. There are still people who care about the Glaives and are desperate to use them again.

Remember Dark Sector DE. Isn't it supposed to be the "spiritual predecessor" for Warframe? Well I personally really liked that game for one reason: It had an amazing Glaive and was pretty much the only thing I used in the game.

I hope they re-look at throwing weapons soon!~

My most used weapon(s) currently is the Glaive Prime, following behind Cerata. (I don't use the Glaive Prime anymore due to my love for the Cerata).

Speaking of which, a bit off the main discussion, but something minor a while back that made me go "aw c'mon! show the throwing weapons some love!" was when they released the Cerata without a Tenno Reinforcements video to accompany it. I only thought that because the updates prior and after as well all had video's showcasing the weapon being released that week, hence the "that's a bummer :c" feeling I was getting lol xD

They just haaad to skip that week .___.
lol I'm only kidding, it's really not a big deal, just some thoughts worth sharing ;P

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Indeed, glaives and Mios' charge attacks were actually useful back then.

Now they're just a pain in the bum to use. I don't even use glaives anymore because of this. And while I still like using the Mios, the hook was an actually useful ranged option back then. 

Please DE, fix charge throw, slash before throwing is frustrating. Why do I have to swing at empty air if I want to throw glaive at enemy far away?

Mios and redeemer could also benefit from fast charge attacks, not that these OP or anything anyway.

32 minutes ago, ErlKoeng said:

Mios and redeemer could also benefit from fast charge attacks, not that these OP or anything anyway.

Wait what? While I agree that the initial weapon slice should be fixed for Redeemer, but it's one of the highest damaging "melee weapons" in the game. It's so far ahead of the Glaive weapons currently. It deals craptons of damage, charges fast, has innate punch through AND can combo shots. Not to mention the low recoil for a shotgun melee compared to the headache tremors of the Glaives currently.

I still don't get why DE has to stomp Glaives into the ground. They were niche back then, but at least the actual users were happy with them. Makes me sad ;_;

• 2 weeks later...

WE WANT GLAIVE BACK!

To be precise, Standard, Prime, Cerata, with a Damage on par with high tier weapons!

• Increased range before it comes back;
  • flight speed faster close with a decrease in speed while reaching the farest point;
  • fight speed faster when recalled back;
  • ricocheting auto targeting ala SlashDash or Freeze;
  • forced Slash proc on throw ala Mios;
  • native punch through;
  • etc.

Also we want Alt Fire Key to call back the Glaive while midair!

:<

PS: I would live with the showcased bugs, if the weapon would at least have a decent Damage.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

7 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

PS: I would live with the showcased bugs, if the weapon would at least have a decent Damage.

At least the step forward each time you throw should be removed again. I'd even go a bit further and ask that any stance doesn't involve leg movement that changes the character's position.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who almost only use the quick melee throw I would propose that there could be another key linked to throwing instantly, but then again console players would have trouble doing that, so perhaps either a key-combo or changing the code to hold a bit on the first swing in order for a charge would be better?

1: Dedicated button = throw instantly
2: "Button" + melee = throw instantly
3: Hold Quick melee down for charging the throw - release quickly for close range melee swing, hold for throwing.
* The first swing will be delayed a bit to see if the player holds down the melee button longer than the "tap" needed to do the close range attack.

** This will let you charge without the annoying pre-swing, but may possibly make it harder to do close range attacks quickly, especially if the charge time of the throw is brought down from fury or other speed increasing mods.
Still, you use ranged melee for the ranged attacks, not the other way around, priority should be ranged attacks.