The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Balancing (Nerf) discussion..

(PSN)AngelShur

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Self Damage will solve everything

Don't wanna disagree with that but then they gotta fix the tonkor first to not let the grenade explode upon touching you. Or you will kill yourself so many times for no legitimate reason because it's buggy as fk.

16 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Don't delude yourself here are the ONLY weapons we use:

Tonkor, Soma Prime , Boltor Prime, Hek, Vaykor Hek, Sancti Tigris, Synoid Simulor, Dread and Rakta Cernos.

Every other Primary is Mastery fodder. If you want to nerf one then nerf them all.

Man, even in a PvE community people still find reasons to qq. The quote is perfect, myself and majority dont bother with weapons outside the listed ones because they suck. Even if they are fun, they become useless as soon as enemies become slightly higher level. I love tonka truck. I have the simulor. I love my gammacor as well. Its fun upto level 40 to 50, then I switch to my PRIMARY, so I can deal with higher level enemies. Thats the whole reason of secondary and primary weapons.

5 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

You call THAT friendly fire ? No I'm talking about full damage from any weapon, REAL Friendly fire.

Warframe doesn't need that.

Have you ever seen Call of Duty's Hardcore Team modes? Where players just kill each other because they can, all the time.

We don't need that, watching out for Rad Procs in Sorties is hard enough.

1 minute ago, kilerskull said:

Man, even in a PvE community people still find reasons to qq. The quote is perfect, myself and majority dont bother with weapons outside the listed ones because they suck. Even if they are fun, they become useless as soon as enemies become slightly higher level. I love tonka truck. I have the simulor. I love my gammacor as well. Its fun upto level 40 to 50, then I switch to my PRIMARY, so I can deal with higher level enemies. Thats the whole reason of secondary and primary weapons.

While I agree with you, the Tonkor is alright in my book.

It isn't the fact the community wants to see it changed just because it is OP, and it is to a point.

But. This is a big "but" here (hehe). The Tonkor has no risk involved to the user, while it possesses a huge reward (clearing rooms of enemies with one shot). Self Damage on Launchers is one of the ways that DE found balance to such a high reward.

Tonkor is a huge problem because of this, and I know its selling point was "Bullet jump with me" or "I can make you fly too!" but it needs to have self damage in all retrospective glances.

No Risk = Huge Reward... is the wrong way for something to be.

It could still have an alt-fire that functions just as it does now when you shoot at your feet. But it's primary fire mode needs to deal FULL self damage (that falls off with distance)

8 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not going to happen, its a High MR Grineer weapon. At best you will get a Wrath version from Sorties that will be very very difficult to obtain and still have MR requirements to equip.

In my opinion the only "Nerf" it should get is being moved to the Grineer Research labs in the Dojos since buying it from the Market is plain easy.

He wasn't being literal lol he's saying he doesn't want it nerfed

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It isn't the fact the community wants to see it changed just because it is OP, and it is to a point.

But. This is a big "but" here (hehe). The Tonkor has no risk involved to the user, while it possesses a huge reward (clearing rooms of enemies with one shot). Self Damage on Launchers is one of the ways that DE found balance to such a high reward.

Tonkor is a huge problem because of this, and I know its selling point was "Bullet jump with me" or "I can make you fly too!" but it needs to have self damage in all retrospective glances.

It could still have an alt-fire that functions just as it does now when you shoot at your feet. But it's primary fire mode needs to deal FULL self damage (that falls off with distance)

You do know that an Amperx can clear a room around the corner with no risk to yourself ?

1 minute ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I understand, that makes sense. It needs some form of downside just like the angstrum and others. But the balls are too bouncy and dont explode on impact. So a damage nerf isnt the way to go and maybe self damage isnt without changing the mechanics a bit. But what about the simulor? That falls into the same op cat. as well right? Huge damage, you can basically block a path without any downsides. Well its downside is range.

Just now, kilerskull said:

I understand, that makes sense. It needs some form of downside just like the angstrum and others. But the balls are too bouncy and dont explode on impact. So a damage nerf isnt the way to go and maybe self damage isnt without changing the mechanics a bit. But what about the simulor? That falls into the same op cat. as well right? Huge damage, you can basically block a path without any downsides. Well its downside is range.

You also need several projectiles in order for it to deal damage, reason why its commonly used with Mirage to bypass this

6 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

You do know that an Amperx can clear a room around the corner with no risk to yourself ?

But it doesn't have the DPS (Damage per Second, Sustained or otherwise) that the Tonkor does.

I'd like to see you try to clear a room of elementally enhanced enemies in a sortie with the Amprex.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)TheInpenetrable said:

Tonkor is ridiculously good, it removes the incentive to get other weapons for players who acquire it.  

I think a change is needed, many say self-damage, I agree, to a point. One focus of the Tonkor is it's ability to rocket jump. If you add self damage, that ability is useless seeing as you're only gonna be launching your corpse into the air.  

Here's my proposal:

Give the Tonkor two firing modes, one does a rocket jump, this would be a utility grenade that behaves like the Sonicor does.  It would do significantly low damage to enemy units, and wouldn't damage the user.

The thing that makes the Tonkor so good is it's Crits, combined with it's AoE, I say that no changes be made to it's damage/critical stats, but instead make it's radius the smallest out of all the launchers, make it so the amazing damage it outputs only affects the enemy hit by the grenade, and the immediate surrounding enemies. This grenade would self damage, a punishment for being foolish with a grenade launcher.

That. The solution to Tonkor Problem.

1 minute ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Using a river of ammo with 7.5 damage....

Huh ? try 900 damage a bullet, 1400 a bullet with bladed rounds up. 28k Burst DPS that arc's to everything with in range...

9 minutes ago, kilerskull said:

Doesn't really count as a grenade laucher though...

This isn't the topic now. Tonkor can be just as fine with self-damage as it is now.
Just requires a bit of brain power to use, before you fire.

And blow yourself up.

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

The only reason people want it nerfed is that traders have nothing but the Soma prime to sell these days for a real weapon. The rest of the end game weapons are free.

The only "real reason" that people want it "changed" is that it is shadowing over all the other launchers in the game, with the fact that it possesses no risk to the user for its already sky-high damage output.

Has nothing to do with the fact we can't sell it.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Huh ? try 900 damage a bullet, 1400 a bullet with bladed rounds up. 28k Burst DPS that arc's to everything with in range...

And Tonkor? 300k+ each grenade in every enemy in the room. Stop trying to hide Tonkor OPness. Even Secura Penta, a really good weapon, even called OP a year ago is outclassed by Tonkor.

1 minute ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

And Tonkor? 300k+ each grenade in every enemy in the room. Stop trying to hide Tonkor OPness. Even Secura Penta, a really good weapon, even called OP a year ago is outclassed by Tonkor.

And the Penta has Self-Damage.

Tonkor doesn't.

Why would anyone use the Penta anymore? I guess if they want some sort of risk/challenge from their weapon, and don't want to just cheese through everything with no care in the world as to wondering if their beloved launcher will blow them up.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy