Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If we're going to have a look at weapons, then here is a list of needed buffs.

oceano4

So, in Devstream 74 we had a quick discussion on WEAPON VARIETY, and if some need to be put into balance.  

While it's true, some weapons are overly strong, making others in its class redundant, and make people stick to one thing, some very small QoL improvements to some forgotten weapons would help us all in weapon diversity. I have a few examples that I would very much to hear what people think of them.

Compared to Fang, it has no slash at all (How, it's still a blade?) and less status chance. Some slash damage added to it would make actual literal sense, and a buff to it status would be very much welcome.

This beautiful sentinel, has less health than the NORMAL Wyrm, and in THIS video you can see in EHP, it's weaker than every other sentinel. Please give it the default 200 HP, hell, Carrier Prime has nothing butt improvements, and is considered the best sentinel anyway, please, please DE, make Wyrm Prime worth picking over Carrier Prime.

Spoiler

Takes a better (statistically) mellee to make it, and very strong secondary too, but is slow, forgettable crit, low range, low damage.

If it was to have the MIRE treatment, IPS damage AND some heat damage too, Its' description of "nasty little hatchets" that can tear through armour and flesh, would make more sense. 

Now, this gun is REALLY fun, I love its' mechanic, but once again the description is sugar coating things. It is not, high damage. There are seveal ideas on how to make it match its' description and MR requirement, but here's one I like.

AUTO: Increase Crit chance to 13%~15% / Or if we're gonna try and make each fire mode independent, increase status to 15%.

SEMI-AUTO: Increase crit damage to 2.3%~2.5% (Like the Aksomati, a medium crit chance, high crit damage weapon), and slightly increase the fire rate from 5RPS to 7RPS, which will make the semi-auto on par with its' auto.

To my other Tenno, please feel free to add to this subject, I know we have MANY great ideas to give us more variety with our great arsenal (hype for Market 2.0! :D)

To any DE members that I'm lucky enough to stumble across this topic, please feel free to let us know what you think! It would be GREAT to hear from you, and how you envision some weapons, and their roll in the Tennos arsenal.

Thank you for your time. :)

Edited by oceano4
Engrish and formatting, added Wyrm Prime video as spoiler

Brought to my attention by its newest mod Nightwatch Napalm which thematically and mechanically functions well, but the weapon's numbers simply don't add up, it's a primary rocket launcher that presents a lot of danger to the user, deals way less damage than it's secondary counterpart, the Kulstar while also having much worse status in practice, this old rocket launcher sure needs some love right now.

Mechanically interesting, but absolute garbage, as an aoe status weapon it loses against the Ignis, as a continuous single-target weapon it is absolutely unusable compared to the Quanta, even worse considering the existence of the Vandal version, and as a continuous weapon that can be used both for aoe and single-target damage it loses against the Phage, there is nothing that redeems this weapon unfortunately.

Damage potential and status are good, the offset should be the limited range, instead it also has tremendous ammo economy issues, if the damage was increased and the fire rate proportionally decreased this weapon could see some use, it's a waste that it isn't considering how unique it is mechanically. It appears I was wrong about this weapon.

A fun melee weapon category with amazing stance variety and design, held back because both weapons in the category are bad in the case of the Venka and mediocre in the case of the Ripkas, could be solved if one of them is introduced as a syndicate melee, such as Vaykor Ripkas or Rakta Venka, if not, then at least one of them needs to be looked at, it's a waste if they aren't considering how much effort went into the stances.

Edited by Balsco

Nah, Amprex is fine.... It's a red crit monster that destroys squads. Yeah, it's not impressive when hitting one target, but against legions the DPS is insane. Add punch through and you are red critting on all 12 enemies in front of you. Considering it can kill entire squads in seconds, the ammo economy is far better in practice. 7 Forma in mine Amprex and I can say with out a doubt it's top tier.

Latron Prime needs a buff. It's best stat is the Status chance but it's only 25%. This is fine on a AR like Braton Prime but on a semi auto, you need a higher number since your volume of fire does not make up for the lower status.  Grinlock is kind of in the same boat. If they could both reach 100% status with two Element/Status mods I think they would see a lot more use.

Speaking of Prime Weapons, there are still a good amount of them that don't feel Prime at all. Vatso Prime could use more status to take advantage of its speed. Sicarus Prime needs just a bit more damage. AkBronco Prime and it's single don't come close to Brakk.

have they fixed the glaxion accuracy?

Cause they suddenly changed it to being crappy and i stopped using it because even at short range it was crazy getting trying to get headshot from a weapon that's a beam because the beam was moving all over the place.

Ah yes, a Glaxion accuracy look at would be VERY much welcome.

And I've thought of another one.

2x mag size, 30+ ammo capacity.

I honest have no idea what the direction behind this was? 30 is such an ODD number aswell, it;s not even half a clip for the Twin Kohmak, it REALLY needs to be looked at, considering how many forma it takes just to make it. 

6 hours ago, Balsco said:

Damage potential and status are good, the offset should be the limited range, instead it also has tremendous ammo economy issues, if the damage was increased and the fire rate proportionally decreased this weapon could see some use, it's a waste that it isn't considering how unique it is mechanically.

Honestly i never thought i would see a day where Amprex would be requested for a buff. The monster that Kills all enemies in front and behind me without prejudice. Rifle ammo is the most common (correct me if i'm wrong) and the large ammo plate gives a full clip per pulse.

14 hours ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Nah, Amprex is fine.... It's a red crit monster that destroys squads. Yeah, it's not impressive when hitting one target, but against legions the DPS is insane. Add punch through and you are red critting on all 12 enemies in front of you. Considering it can kill entire squads in seconds, the ammo economy is far better in practice. 7 Forma in mine Amprex and I can say with out a doubt it's top tier.

Latron Prime needs a buff. It's best stat is the Status chance but it's only 25%. This is fine on a AR like Braton Prime but on a semi auto, you need a higher number since your volume of fire does not make up for the lower status.  Grinlock is kind of in the same boat. If they could both reach 100% status with two Element/Status mods I think they would see a lot more use.

Speaking of Prime Weapons, there are still a good amount of them that don't feel Prime at all. Vatso Prime could use more status to take advantage of its speed. Sicarus Prime needs just a bit more damage. AkBronco Prime and it's single don't come close to Brakk.

Oh my lord this, an AkVasto Prime would be beautiful, but that's a topic for another day.

But you're right, the Bronco Prime series is all over the place. Why does the Akimbo version have 6 ammo in the clip, when the single versions have 4 in the clip?

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to restrict the power of the OP weapons and scale back enemy toughness concurrently?

I mean buffing these weapons is beneficial given the state of the game, but its ultimately something of a patchwork solution that doesn't really address the underlying reason behind why these weapons are being rendered redundant or obsolete.

3 hours ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

Glaxion and Atomos could use an accuracy buff.

Amprex ammo devouring problem could be negated slightly with a ROF reduction.

Spectra/flux rifle weapons could do with a small DMG buff.

Tbh, Atomos is already amazing, I think the accuracy is fine, it;s an easy to predict spinning patern, if you us it in close range, there should be minimal missing. 

Glaxion is completely random though, it should be reduced. 

On 5/13/2016 at 7:41 PM, Balsco said:

Claws

A fun melee weapon category with amazing stance variety and design, held back because both weapons in the category are bad in the case of the Venka and mediocre in the case of the Ripkas, could be solved if one of them is introduced as a syndicate melee, such as Vaykor Ripkas or Rakta Venka, if not, then at least one of them needs to be looked at, it's a waste if they aren't considering how much effort went into the stances.

Claws are horrible because of their attack animations, especially quick melee. It can be said about a lot of stances, but their animations are ridiculously clunky.

Make their attacks actually usable and I'll be happy.

Edited by Ailith

Honestly, I'd prefer to see a mastery rank 18+ req on a dragon stradavar that eats normal stradavar and S#&$s out an alternative to the likes of soma prime / dex sybaris.

Too much to hope for?

Edited by KnotOfMetal