Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame concept: Mab - Queen of the Winter court

ObviousLee

so in light off the new fae frame, and her liklihood of being named Titania after Fae lore, I figured it was high past time for the rest of the court to be fleshed out, that being the leader of the winter court, Mab. Mab is the leader of a faction that emphasizes decay and ice. So, here is a move set I've devised that's open for discussion/revision/criticism.

Stats:

Armor: 15. Health, 150. Shields 200 Power. 200. Speed. 1.01.

Abilities: 1 - Frigid Decree. Range 5/10/15 -25 power base

enemies within range of Mab are encased in Ice, taking finisher damage over the duration of the ability.Ability ticks 4 times, and if enemy hp is under 30% after 4th tick, enemies explode into bloody shards of ice, doing puncture damage and causing a small freeze AoE.

2 - Winters Mantle - xp share range limited/ -50 power base

Vassals(allies and Mab) receive a buff to melee attack speed, added ice damage, and sprint speed boost.

3 - Destined Battleground - 15/20/25 -75 power base

Mab declares a specific section of the map as THE battle ground that attracts enemies to the location. Obedient vassals are granted an additional attack and defensive bonus per 3 enemies within DB, capping at 30 enemies.

4 - Arctic Dominion - 20/30/40 - (enemy count 5/15/20) 100 power base

Mab taps her foot once while crossing her arms, and upon foot tap causes an instant flash freeze, encasing a capped number of enemies in ice. Ice converges into golems that utilize the encased enemies as batteries, with damage and armor scaling off enemy hp. Golem movements like running, attacks, and hits taken deplete encased enemy hp bars. once hp bar is depleted golems explode, dealing encased enemy hp as damage with a forced frost proc/freeze status within a 5/10/15 meter range upon detonation.

thoughts and suggestions to be left below. ENJOY!

Edited by ObviousLee
oops

I got to admit that her 2nd is simply going to be an augment so DE can cheese an update. Perhaps another area of effect like her 3rd that increases shields and armor but cuts enemies shields/health/armor in half?

Her 4th seems too much like Nekros SotD. If it could better yet creat pets of some chilly form; such as the ice wraiths in Skyrim. They could possibly leave a trail of slow-inducing ice while they move. Maybe a 2 second delay before the trail vanishes but retains whatever the current time constraints that comes with the ice proc.

1 minute ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I got to admit that her 2nd is simply going to be an augment so DE can cheese an update. Perhaps another area of effect like her 3rd that increases shields and armor but cuts enemies shields/health/armor in half?

Her 4th seems too much like Nekros SotD. If it could better yet creat pets of some chilly form; such as the ice wraiths in Skyrim. They could possibly leave a trail of slow-inducing ice while they move. Maybe a 2 second delay before the trail vanishes but retains whatever the current time constraints that comes with the ice proc.

finally, someone who actually discusses it. glad i can always count on ya girlie. i like where you're going with this, turning them into minions. i really wanna stick with the golems, but i also wanna hear your reasoning for your suggestions. can you elaborate further? i'm.....REALLY drunk.

That 4th ability cannot be balanced. Either the enemies have their health drained far too fast, or they deal too much damage essentially turning a large number of enemies into allies who explode on death. We should really leave that to Nyx. Instead, maybe make that 1st ability the 4th instead, with it dealing DoT as well, and have the 1st ability a normal damage ability, like shoots an ice spike at an enemy or something.

1 minute ago, TehPers said:

That 4th ability cannot be balanced. Either the enemies have their health drained far too fast, or they deal too much damage essentially turning a large number of enemies into allies who explode on death. We should really leave that to Nyx. Instead, maybe make that 1st ability the 4th instead, with it dealing DoT as well, and have the 1st ability a normal damage ability, like shoots an ice spike at an enemy or something.

these golems aren't sprinting gremlins. they are hulking, slow moving slow stepping monsters of destruction. they only will have about 5 hits in them max that they would be able to do, in a situation where they were taking minor damage. their entire point is taking current enemy forces and using them against said enemies in a commanding and destructive way. now, as far as a balance? simply limit the hp% by a fair margin and don't have it scale off of strength.

not arguing, by the way, simply elaborating. i'll be updating the OP as sobriety takes hold.

2 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

finally, someone who actually discusses it. glad i can always count on ya girlie. i like where you're going with this, turning them into minions. i really wanna stick with the golems, but i also wanna hear your reasoning for your suggestions. can you elaborate further? i'm.....REALLY drunk.

For the idea that I got on her 2nd, the augments for oberon, volt and saryn came to mind. It seems far too similar too them that DE would make it into a regular ability. I was also  using the reasoning of the upcoming Mag Shield Polarize rework affecting armor and damaging health along with Frost's 4th that strips armor and gives health damage. The shields just seem inherent since it's the ice element is already good against them, also the times when there is ice during the tilesets.

I wasn't thinking much when commenting on her 4th. First thing that came to mind was keep the original golem idea but give it something unique hence "chilly" minion. The ice trail was an added bonus I thought of on the spot. Now that I'm thinking it further, the 20 minion max is too much for regular minions. I'm thinking to balance it out, while keeping the armor and health scaling, is to have them function like 20 sentinels with a beam weapon. Explosion radius like mod for sentinels.

The  decrease of health while dealing damage seems like too much since they would still be attacked like a rad proc was on them.

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

these golems aren't sprinting gremlins. they are hulking, slow moving slow stepping monsters of destruction. they only will have about 5 hits in them max that they would be able to do, in a situation where they were taking minor damage. their entire point is taking current enemy forces and using them against said enemies in a commanding and destructive way. now, as far as a balance? simply limit the hp% by a fair margin and don't have it scale off of strength.

not arguing, by the way, simply elaborating. i'll be updating the OP as sobriety takes hold.

It's possible, but having them only deal about 5 hits each means they should have a much more destructive explosion, since 5 hits is hardly anything when all the enemies are the same level and have similar stats. If you want to stay with that ability, I'd suggest focusing more on the explosive aspect or status effects, like Overlord's ice trail.

1 hour ago, ObviousLee said:

so in light off the new fae frame, and her liklihood of being named Titania after Fae lore, I figured it was high past time for the rest of the court to be fleshed out, that being the leader of the winter court, Mab. Mab is the leader of a faction that emphasizes decay and ice. So, here is a move set I've devised that's open for discussion/revision/criticism.

Mab is also portrayed very commonly as the Queen of Air and Darkness.  I feel like your abilities are focussing far too much on the winter theme.  She would have control over far more than that, usually illusions, death and darkness in others.  I also don't really see the "decay" part of your description in any of these abilities, other than perhaps the bit about draining enemies while they are frozen.

Defensively speaking, attack speed wouldn't make sense, ice doesn't increase speed it slows things down.  She also wouldn't really buff allies defense so much as debuff enemies (decay) and she'd use distortions within the reflections of ice to trick and confuse her enemies rather than merely freezing them.

My closest reference for Mab, though, is from the Dresden Files books and the Merry Gentry Series (though she isn't called Mab there, but  Andais) so I may be a bit biased in my opinions.

Besides that we haven't voted on the name for the new faerie, who, to be blunt, despite the butterflies isn't centered around summer but various fae-like aspects (faery dust, shrinking and so on).  This chicken hasn't hatched yet, best not to count it for now.

Barring the aspect of it being tied as an opposite to a frame we don't have yet, and lore I don't agree with completely, the abilities on their own are quite interesting.

What would her passive be exactly?

In the vein of decay, how about something that involves armor stripping that doesn't clash w/ frost's 4. Like dealing crits as her reduces armor by 5%, or something. Or critting frozen/chilled mobs temp shatters armor to 0 for 3 sec, so that she directly synergizes with him.