Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea to make Warframe more engaging (especially for veteran players)warframe passives and more!

Xuruki

Warning, Wall of text approaching! Proceed at your own risk!
I just want to get some ideas out of my system i have been keeping to myself, but seein as Warframe is rather community driven, i might give it a shot, maybe it will fit into the universe.

Mastery Rank "sub"-system.
Mastery rank is all good and fine, but its not engaging as of yet. Or at least not to me. Its more of a "weapon masters online" feel since you basically Max weapons and gain experience through that and level up.

What i would love in warframe is something such as  Operator(player) character and weapon progression.
If you up Mastery rank, you get a abillity point you can spend on something major that influences all of your warframes. (10% more shield,Health or faster reload speed, but rather something more thrilling than just that since mastery ranks are rather hard to get and limited to content as of yet.) you get the idea. But something major or primary.

But the sub system i am talking about is something such as a "War" rang you can up by playing the game, killing enemies,doing headshots, by eradicating them in whatever way. Or even reviving allies would get you exp that ups the rank. When you level up you get points to spend on  perks  ( + 1,5% shield, attack speed, Health, melee dmg,crit,crit dmg,sprint speed, you name it) Keeping the numbers rather low, but the "War" rank limitless  "285 War rank ( 28,5%  more shields, 30%more health, 11,5% faster attack speed etc,depending on what you spend the points on)

It would really be something that even veteran players can dig their teeth into and become a more powerful Tenno the more they play it.  It would be a epic RPG touch to Warframe.

Secondly: A new Forma/level up system (or rather a addition to it)
Making every weapon useful no matter how weak if you desire to invest the time to do so. (would be OP on already OP weapons though)
When you maxed your favorite weapon or frame to 30, you can forma it and within the process of the forma, boost the weapon/warframes stat of your choice,similar to the system above.
Maybe 10% additional puncture dmg, more status chance or fire rate, reload speed or whatever it is that you desire needs a push on your formad weapon of choice. Or perhaps even punch through or additional area of effect increase if the weapon happens to have that. (opticor really needs that, so far its a long range high precision laser cannon with a tiny aoe effect where it strikes... even with firestorm. I'd like it to be as large as the sonicors impact area. ragdolling the enemies would make the HUGE weapon feel powerful like it is supposed to)   

And when you formad your weapon or frame you get that additional star on the mod screen as usual, maybe limit it to 10 and make the player decide between polarity or stat boost
optionally you could just overall boost the weapons stats for every forma (kinda like a rebirth,keeping through forma added stats while returning to 0 in level and starting anew with a slightly boosted weapon) Would be wiser since its easier to avoid exploit. Also doesn't need to be the same as the "war" rank concept wise.

All this to give the whole current stiff concept more diversity and a chance to put your favorite weapon to good use making it more powerful, rather than feeling the need to use a OP weapon to fit the missions needs.

Perhaps this system should be limited to the stats of the warframes, excluding power efficiency abillity damage reach and duration for the sake of avoiding exploit and keeping dem mods sacred. Right now if i wanted my Valkyr to have more Health but got all the duration, power and what not mods installed, i see no way to additionally get her to more health without sacrificing one of these much needed mods. There is no freedom and diversity if you want to stay powerful. Sure is by choice, but you surely get my point.

Also about the mastery rank points and so on, if you've wasted them for the sake of trying something , you should be able to purchase a  Mastery points reset in the market for like 20 plat or something.

Last devstream got me curious about all the passives, but since i am such a Valkyr nerd/lover, i really wonder what her passive could be.
Personally i'd like something that stacks and increases with melee body count.  0,1% more armor for each melee killed enemy, in the end of the mission its probably something like 2000+ which would be 200% more armor. Seems only fair(lol) considering how the enemies scale up in survival missions. But compared to overall passives of other warframes, it would stand out too much and make her "THE SURVIVOR"  or the warframes to go with when doing survival missions.

So i believe it should be something like an additional chance to trigger Beserk on taking damage ( that would make her so M though...wanting to be hit to get faster attack speed for revenge purposes...would be most logical considering her backstory though) Or hp leech on melee hit? that would kill life strike though. I have a feeling its going to be something as boring as 10% more armor or dmg after melee kill.  Or maybe making the armor% go up with the melee combo'? would be pretty cool! (would not benefit hysteria though... this is difficult XD)

I just wanted to say that valkyr already has a passive, actually two. 

She recovers faster from knockdowns and is immune to heavy landing. Its basically cat-themed

True, totally forgot about it... Thanks ButterLutter!

Btw, mags passive is basically greedy pull in bullet jump'? shes mag, shes like ... Magnetic n'S#&$. My idea would be (ofc something rather OP lol, but i want to give the various warframes more purpose and their own uniqueness)  That the more enemies there are triggered/affected by her powers, the reach increases 10m around every target and targets within that reach get affected too. Making it a chain reaction. Would serve her concept and the concept of magnetism. Hyped for the mag rework btw :D makes her useful vs grineer.

A Suggestion to the sound team: Think about the order (if you dont already do lol) of what happens in a gun, when the hammer hits, the next bullet gets into the chamber, the explosion etc. Play these sounds in order of which they happen to create more unique and life like weapons that are more believeable. And not to forget about the shell dropping to the floor and rolling of or bouncing. Perhaps even the grind inside the weapons chamber to give the bullet a spin or when it leaves the muzzle. ( i am no weapon nerd so forgive me for my incompetence XD)
You get my point! :D

I would love to see different camera options for warframe too. It would benefit and freshen up the gameplay entirely <3 believe in you guys! :D  (especially character customization)

I really hope this reaches you and that i could be of help to my beloved space ninja universe. I hope it grows and grows into something more epic and i believe you can pull that off .If anybody then the Warframe team. Hyped for the day i can spend another few hundreds into warframe when Valkyr primes happens (gotta get that prime access!!). I hope she will be a blast, the new trend with warframe passives and prime versions being more decent than the originals really gives her a brighter future to shine in. ( I know you love her too Scott, let her be your masterpiece!) XD
But really, i just wanted to get this out of my system in hope to see a more rpg spin to warframe.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Xuruki

p.s.
I would really love additional weapon slot for Grenades or the like, the enemies have them, why don't we'? it would be really tactical too as you dont always have a AOE weapon on you.
(really curious if this will reach anybody, so far i've always been uninvolved keeping a low profile in the forums on any game, but warframe tends to shine with being different as always!)

Edited by Xuruki
Fixing typos

On 15.5.2016 at 4:35 PM, YasaiTsume said:

So basically yu wanna add more grind to a grindy game.

Sorry, not all of us love grinding.

I like content, but grinding is not content.

It wouldn't make it more Grindy as to farm Cells or prime parts, it would be a side thing to make it more rewarding. So far getting the right prime part you want  can be really deppressing, if this system would be implemented you could at least say "At least i gained more "war levels"" and with that something to push the entire gaming experience a bit further cause you have maybe 3% more shields or whatever you picked.

It would give a lot of indiviaduality too, so far Same Mods, Same Frame, Same stats. Not specialized in anything. 

It would give you something to shape the gaming experience to your playstyle, maybe you love sprinting and you invest all the stats into sprinting speed.
I would really Dig that.

On 15.5.2016 at 11:15 AM, ButterLutter said:

Im on my phone, would be a bit too much for me to answer on everything. I just wanted to say that valkyr already has a passive, actually two. 

She recovers faster from knockdowns and is immune to heavy landing. Its basically cat-themed

Right, i forgot about that xD Perhaps thats why she was not mentioned getting passives, cause she already has.
another cool Passive would be if she would  fast reflexes  to take the scorpions line and pull  them towards you instead XD
But with pressing F/melee attack within 1 second or 2 maybe.
But that would go for every warframe and give them a chance to not get sucked into the mob of Death .

On 15.5.2016 at 4:32 PM, yoanguila said:

I like your ideas Xuruki

Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, Xuruki said:

It wouldn't make it more Grindy as to farm Cells or prime parts, it would be a side thing to make it more rewarding. So far getting the right prime part you want  can be really deppressing, if this system would be implemented you could at least say "At least i gained more "war levels"" and with that something to push the entire gaming experience a bit further cause you have maybe 3% more shields or whatever you picked.

It would give a lot of indiviaduality too, so far Same Mods, Same Frame, Same stats. Not specialized in anything. 

It would give you something to shape the gaming experience to your playstyle, maybe you love sprinting and you invest all the stats into sprinting speed.
I would really Dig that.

Basically telling everyone that they can now grind more stats onto their Simulor / Ash / Tonkor 

Because it is human nature to try and be better : so people will grind stats onto their weapons or frames because they want to be better. 

Essentially, it is another layer of grind, unless one is ok with being normal and not having best possible stats on their weapons. 

23 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Basically telling everyone that they can now grind more stats onto their Simulor / Ash / Tonkor 

Because it is human nature to try and be better : so people will grind stats onto their weapons or frames because they want to be better. 

Essentially, it is another layer of grind, unless one is ok with being normal and not having best possible stats on their weapons. 

Fundamentally yes, you are right.

But i would see it as a encouragement to play the game more because every match you play, gets you further on the "war rank".
No matter how you play, who you play or with what weapons you play,you get that rank further up.

Personally it would make me want to play it more.

36 minutes ago, Xuruki said:

Fundamentally yes, you are right.

But i would see it as a encouragement to play the game more because every match you play, gets you further on the "war rank".
No matter how you play, who you play or with what weapons you play,you get that rank further up.

Personally it would make me want to play it more.

This is what I meant initially. 

I would prefer more content to keep me playing, not more grinding.