Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 4 abilities + Augment 2.0 + Ash's Blade Storm idea!

jinxeverything

Right now DE fixes Warframes abilities not through updating them only but also releasing Augments to further enhance them, does slapping augments in make some abilities good or even better? yes but wouldn't have been better if it were part of the ability itself without sacrificing the build you worked so hard to achieve? definitely yes.

So my idea is to combine all augments into single augment which has its own mod slot, but how does idea will work? how will abilities behave if all of the augments are in?

Rank 4 Ability (Ever wanted our abilities to rank up few more times? same here, have the augments built into frames? yup)

1. To achieve rank 4 we must undergo a test that's ability specific.
  2. We can cycle between Rank 3 and Rank 4 via holding down the ability button, and the same thing to return to Rank 3, just hold it down.
  3. Some abilities may not need Rank 4 and if it could achieve Rank 4 it will only increase its states numbers (lets face it, some abilities just need more numbers).
  4. Rank 4 may change the ability in what it does, i will use Oberon below.   
  5. It will also cost more energy to cast by 1.2x /1.5x / 2x depends on the ability itself and it can not be reduced by efficiency mods.

Augment 2.0

• Augment is for frame only and add something extra to some abilities, if possible.
  • Enhance the frame itself by giving it a much needed enhancement like armor, health, shields, energy pool, power duration, power range or power strength.
  • Add something but also remove/ restrict something as a balance, it may sound unfair but :{ 
  • Some abilities does need changing but strengthening or simple addition to, like wold on Fire and its augment, it gives WoF the ability to knock down enemies, it is something added to.
  • Augmented abilities have fixed states (duration, range and strength) which means whatever mods we have in our frames will not affect how augmented behave/ function.
  • When Augment is placed in Warframe, the total amount of energy / health gained from orbs/ restores / EV and such are reduced by 20% to 40%

I will use Oberon, Trinity and Wukong as an examples to get the point across.

* Oberon

With augment his armor is increased to 300 and his power energy is increased to 250 but his health and shields are reduced by 15% or 25%.

• Smite at rank 4 will change in its function, now it will stick to any surface including the enemies and will behave like a radiation mine which triggers when an enemy pass by it.

Augmented Smite, it will stick to allies giving them radiation effect, but once an enemy approach any ally under this ability will trigger/ detonate Smite releasing seeking orbs, also when triggered by enemy Smite is removed from Smited ally.  

• Hallowed Ground at rank 4 will release HG in circular form, which shrinks over time and it stays in area of cast, around Oberon instead of just being a carpet he lay it down in front of him.

Augmented HG, when activated, he no longer just cast it on the ground but it moves with him and he can only release one HG only, no spamming :(

• Renewal at rank 4 will no longer heal but instead it will regen and instant revive when you die, also it stays on affected allies until the ability is triggered by taking damage, upon usage it expires, when taking damage while regen is active the damage you take is reduced until the incoming damage stops or the effect expires.

Augmented Renewal, allies (NPC) within 25 meters of Oberon can be healed, regened and instant revived.

• Reckoning at rank 4 will change from simple left up and slam to Oberon being cladded in armor with sword and shield for weapon, also this is a toggle drain ability.

Augmented Reckoning, Enemies affected by this ability will transfer Radiation between each other when dealing damage to each other, affected enemies may drop health upon death, hitting allies will cleanse/ restore health and give radiation effect to their weapons for few seconds.

* Trinity

With augment her armor is increased to 120 and her power energy is increased to 300 but her Link ability is no longer a duration but toggle drain.

• Well of Life at rank 4 will be AoE circle ability which you can cast on the ground, damaging enemies when they enter the circle will let you Life Steal their health

Augmented WoF, the effect of WoF stays on enemies when they leave the circle for limited amount of time and they drop health and energy when killed under the effect.

• Energy Vampire at rank 4 will be AoE when you cast it on the ground, damaging enemies when they enter the circle will let you leech energy.

Augmented EV, the effect stays on enemies after they leave the circle for a limited time, damaging them will restore and increase your total shield.

• Link at rank 4 will increase the amount of enemies affected by 3, so in total it will affect 6 enemies.

Augmented Link, this ability will drain energy now and will limit the affected number of enemies to 2 instead of 6 but will increase the output damage (the damage you redirect from enemies) by 120% while decreasing the income damage (the damage you take from enemies) by 50%.  

• Blessing, does this ability even need any kind of buffs?

Augmented Blessing, allies who have their health at 100% will be followed by an orb that reduce the incoming damage while gaining a 2% energy leech until the ability expires.

* Wukong 

With augment his armor is increased to 400 and his health to 925 but his Defy is limited to 2 deaths. 

• Iron Jab at rank 4 will impale an enemy to your stave, pressing 1 again near another enemy will slam the impaled enemy into the targeted enemy.

Augment Iron Jab, impaled enemy when used on another enemy will convert the remaining health of impaled enemy into explosion.

• Defy, does this ability even need any kind of buffs?

Augmented Defy, for each lost health Wukong gains more armor. (if he lost 25 HP he gain 25 armor)

• Cloud Walk at rank 4 will allow Wukong to walk around while having a mist/ cloud surrounding the area around him.

Augmented Cloud Walk, allies that are near Wukong will also Cloud Walk with him.

• Primal Fury at rank 4 will transform Wukong into true Monkey king AKA King Kong, in this form his total health is doubled :D

Augmented Primal Fury, no idea really, he grows more hair which reduces incoming damage by %?

* May I propose a rework for Ash's Blade Storm?

Spoiler

Ash new 4th ability is called Ninjas' Way and its a toggle drain ability which change and make his other abilities more offensive.

Ash speed, attack speed and melee range are increased, when scoring a headshot with a melee weapon it will trigger the finisher (or mini blade storm) on said enemy, if there were enemies that are close enough to affected enemy will be dragged into mini blade storm.  

• Shuriken will deal 2x damage

Augmented Shuriken, when equipping melee weapon it will be thrown instead and pressing 1 again will instantly teleport you to your thrown melee, if thrown at enemy and he survives teleporting to him by pressing 1 again will trigger a finisher.

• Smoke Screen, dime the lightning around him which decrease the FOV of enemies by %.

Augmented Smoke Screen, Ash summon a shadow clone that substitute him for few seconds,

• Blade Storm, Ash kneel down releasing a huge circle around him, enemies that enter the circle will be tagged and can be attacked by instantly moving to them when you select them or you just pick them off 1 by 1.

Augmented Blade Storm, Ash summons 4 shadow clones to help him, if the clones died while attacking they will expand the range of Blade Storm  by %.

I would love to further these ideas even more but there is a chance it will be ignored by DE so until i am sure these ideas are getting into the game somehow i won't go further, yes i'm being selfish but at the same time i don't want to squeeze my brain for nothing :(

Edited by Prinny13

Augment slot, automatic win for this post.

For reals, this is an interesting idea. I am interested in knowing how would you implement this. Can we have more than one rank 4 ability at a time? And what kind of tests did you have in mind?

Now I hope that the devs will read this so I can see how this idea goes forward

Am I the only one who forgets what the trade off for an Augment is? It's a mod slot, so you have to give something up to enhance the power. There are some Augments that fell like there more ment to make an ability usefull, but at a cost. Have a rake 4 would mean that there is no cost for using it, it just changes it. 

One of the big things about Augments is they DONT have to fit the theam of the warframe. Where as a rank four would have to fit the warframe.

PS, what about iviras 1? Holding it will already change arrows.

6 hours ago, (PS4)pastard323 said:

Can we have more than one rank 4 ability at a time?

Sure we can but we have to give up the ability to mod them with warframe mods and instead being able to assign points to a tree as we rank up the ability.

But that does not fit with warframe theme bu then again this is a DE game, their choice if they decided to go with skill trees.

And what kind of tests did you have in mind?

I don't have a clear idea on this, maybe use X ability Y times?

But i am thinking of something like MR test where we only have 1 ability (the ability we want to rank up) and we have to survive by using it wisely, if we did it correctly and survived by surviving long enough or reaching the extraction point we pass the test.

Now I hope that the devs will read this so I can see how this idea goes forward

*crossing fingers, toes, balls and if my hair were long enough i would turn them to 2 pony tails and crossing them as well*

6 hours ago, MindHoney said:

Am I the only one who forgets what the trade off for an Augment is? It's a mod slot

Wellll....

14 hours ago, Prinny13 said:

So my idea is to combine all augments into single augment which has its own mod slot

so you have to give something up to enhance the power.

I will use Oberon and thinking of adding "when you have Augment on you receive less energy / health by %".

With augment his armor is increased to 300 and his power energy is increased to 250 but his health and shields are reduced by 15% or 25%.

There are some Augments that fell like there more ment to make an ability usefull, but at a cost

yes but wouldn't have been better if it were part of the ability itself

Augment 2.0

• Augment is for frame only and add something extra to some abilities, if possible.
  • Enhance the frame itself by giving it a much needed enhancement like armor, health, shields, energy pool, power duration, power range or power strength.
  • Add something but also remove/ restrict something as a balance, it may sound unfair but :{ 
  • Some abilities does need changing but strengthening or simple addition to, like wold on Fire and its augment, it gives WoF the ability to knock down enemies, it is something added to.
  • Augmented abilities have fixed states (duration, range and strength) which means whatever mods we have in our frames will not affect how augmented behave/ function.

Have a rake 4 would mean that there is no cost for using it, it just changes it. 

I will use Oberon again and some abilities simply unchangeable by its nature, think of Nova's M. Prime and Loki's Disarm :(.

Renewal at rank 4 will no longer heal but instead it will regen and instant revive when you die, also it stays on affected allies until the ability is triggered by taking damage, upon usage it expires, when taking damage while regen is active the damage you take is reduced until the incoming damage stops or the effect expires.

PS, what about iviras 1? Holding it will already change arrows.

This is a tough cookie to crack but i will try something.

How about at rank 4 Dashwire can cross with each other which can form something like a spider web and we can navigate it without the need to hop on each wire, Cloaked allies gains % to score a stealth kill when an enemy enter into cloak bubble, Noise will deaf enemies within the ability radius resulting in them freezing in their track for few seconds and for Sleep enemies killed with this ability have % chance to drop loot?

For Augment of abilities, Cloaked allies can extend the ability duration performing stealth kills by 2 seconds, Sleep effected enemies can spread Sleep when you perform melee finisher, Dashwire have better range and can also go beyond closed doors, Noise when used on an enemy other enemies will confuse it and proceed to attack until the ability expires?

Also i forgot to mention that Rank 4 abilities will cost more energy to use by 1.2 X to 1.5 X to even 2 X the amount of normal abilities and we can't change or reduce the cost with efficiency mods!

2 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

The Blade Storm rework idea merits a second thread, since it doesn't really have much to do with the rest of your post, save for your first proposal applying to it. 

Would love to but if i spam topics I may end up on bad side of the mods :(

1 hour ago, Prinny13 said:

Would love to but if i spam topics I may end up on bad side of the mods :(

Nah, it's not post spamming.

Also, a problem appears when switching to "Rank 4," most prominent with Ivara and (probably) Booben, seeing as they hold the ability key to cast said skill.

Otherwise, abilities seem fine TBH.

1 hour ago, p3z1 said:

Nah, it's not post spamming.

Very well then and when someone brings up Blade Storm rework i will copy & paste my idea there.

1 hour ago, p3z1 said:

Also, a problem appears when switching to "Rank 4," most prominent with Ivara and (probably) Booben, seeing as they hold the ability key to cast said skill.

Then this type of abilities does not need cycling between Rank 3 to 4 but instead upgrade to Rank 4 and each of the skills gains 2 functions as following :

• Cloak at Rank 4 can grant you the ability to perform melee finishers if the enemies enter the bubble.
  • Dashwire at Rank 4 have the ability to connect with each other to form a net.
  • Sleep at Rank 4 can grant you extra loot if you perform melee finishers on affected enemies.
  • Noise at Rank 4 when shot at an enemy it will confuse nearby enemies and attack the source of the noise.

Better? 

Just now, Prinny13 said:

Then this type of abilities does not need cycling between Rank 3 to 4 but instead upgrade to Rank 4 and each of the skills gains 2 functions as following :

• Cloak at Rank 4 can grant you the ability to perform melee finishers if the enemies enter the bubble.
  • Dashwire at Rank 4 have the ability to connect with each other to form a net.
  • Sleep at Rank 4 can grant you extra loot if you perform melee finishers on affected enemies.
  • Noise at Rank 4 when shot at an enemy it will confuse nearby enemies and attack the source of the noise.

Better? 

Would be better, but would "break the theme" of sorts (Rank 4 being a change of mechanics, of sorts). Suggestion:

Holding ability button casts the regular ability at rank X (depending on frame lvl), holding longer (1.5x-2x duration of regular hold) activates rank 4 skill.

20 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Would be better, but would "break the theme" of sorts (Rank 4 being a change of mechanics, of sorts). Suggestion:

Holding ability button casts the regular ability at rank X (depending on frame lvl), holding longer (1.5x-2x duration of regular hold) activates rank 4 skill.

How about holding 1 for longer than needed trigger Rank 4 which replaces Quiver with Cloak V2, Navigator with Dashwire V2, Prowl with Noise V2 and AB with Sleep V2.

Holding 1 again return Ivara's skill kit back to Rank 3.

Well?

Just now, Prinny13 said:

How about holding 1 for longer than needed trigger Rank 4 which replaces Quiver with Cloak V2, Navigator with Dashwire V2, Prowl with Noise V2 and AB with Sleep V2.

Holding 1 again return Ivara's skill kit back to Rank 3.

Well?

Almost the same if you ask me. Both work IMO.

Just now, Prinny13 said:

Now then, how to bring this idea to DE, any suggestion?

Let is simmer here in Fan Concepts wherever you posted it, that's all I can think of. Posting a Mod/DEv to mind this usually makes me feel bad.