The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.12.0: Vauban Prime & 18.12.1

[DE]Megan

30 minutes ago, AstroLord said:

Can DE reduce oxium required even more? 7k is too much, only way to get this resource is killing enemy that will kamikaze on your face and drop nothing. Is there more ways to get oxium?

Not as bad as the alertium

1 hour ago, AstroLord said:

Can DE reduce oxium required even more? 7k is too much, only way to get this resource is killing enemy that will kamikaze on your face and drop nothing. Is there more ways to get oxium?

Buy booster. Sit on ceberus pluto 5/6 round 1.5-1.6k oxium. rinse and repeat. ez life.

Edited by CLiPtec

Nerf that Nintain extract cost, that's just stupid.  Those stupid alerts, even showing up as "fairly" often as they do, only give 1.  That's 20 friggin alerts that we have to TRY to do JUST to build the Vaub Prime.  Nitain is even more rare than the OTHER components and we get them in a FAR less quantity than the rest.  1 for each part of the frame/bp is MORE than enough.

Edited by Alanthier

5 hours ago, Alanthier said:

Nerf that Nintain extract cost, that's just stupid.  Those stupid alerts, even showing up as "fairly" often as they do, only give 1.  That's 20 friggin alerts that we have to TRY to do JUST to build the Vaub Prime.  Nitain is even more rare than the OTHER components and we get them in a FAR less quantity than the rest.  1 for each part of the frame/bp is MORE than enough.

You know you can get them from Sabotage 2.0 caches? But still RNG made home in one of those cache. lol. I only got 1 time from it though...

Edited by CLiPtec

As a person who generally enjoys putting in effort to obtain something - I believe 7k Oxium requirement is a bit too much. There's presently nothing in game, which requires so much of Oxium.

To put it in perspective - me & my friend spent about 4-5 hours trying to collect Oxium last night, and all we got was about 600ish units. Mind you, by running Survival mission on Tycho, for about 40 minutes, and it didn't yield sufficient/adequate reward, given the scaling-up difficulty & effort needed to even stay up so long. A good challenge is fun and nice, but to imagine we'd have to run it so many times to get that much Oxium - it kind of does kill the enjoyment from the run. My suggestion would be to simply cut the 7000 requirement to 3,5k, which is still substential amount, but more realistic, without burning people out. :)

10 minutes ago, jodarkrider said:

As a person who generally enjoys putting in effort to obtain something - I believe 7k Oxium requirement is a bit too much. There's presently nothing in game, which requires so much of Oxium.

To put it in perspective - me & my friend spent about 4-5 hours trying to collect Oxium last night, and all we got was about 600ish units. Mind you, by running Survival mission on Tycho, for about 40 minutes, and it didn't yield sufficient/adequate reward, given the scaling-up difficulty & effort needed to even stay up so long. A good challenge is fun and nice, but to imagine we'd have to run it so many times to get that much Oxium - it kind of does kill the enjoyment from the run. My suggestion would be to simply cut the 7000 requirement to 3,5k, which is still substential amount, but more realistic, without burning people out. :)

Warframe0000_zpsgtj6ivxs.jpg

you doing it wrong. Get a 2x resource booster go Ceberus Pluto, its an Corpus Interception. 5-6 rounds (which is like 10-15 min only) yields as much as mine. Even without booster, you can get around 700-800. 1 wave spawn around 20-40 oxium osprey. All you have to do is get a good team setup. A nekros, trinity EV. The other 2 depends. I ran blind Mirage, so i can infinit stun all the spawned enemies and ospreys.

Edited by CLiPtec

Just now, CLiPtec said:

Warframe0000_zpsgtj6ivxs.jpg

you doing it wrong. Get a booster go Ceberus Pluto, its an Corpus Interception. 5-6 rounds (which is like 10-15 min only) yields as much as mine. Even without booster, you can get around 700-800. All you have to do is get a good team setup. A nekros, trinity EV. The other 2 depends. I ran blind Mirage, so i can infinit stun all the spawned enemies and ospreys.

I don't have a full-team available. While I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, it's not helpful for these folks like me, who play with just friends. I generally just play with my friend who got me to the game. Mind you, Interception is even my least favorite mission, one I simply... really... really suck at. It shouldn't be the only way to get a substential amount of Oxium. That I believe is the core-issue there; that if true, there's basically just one way of 'doing it right', which in addition, requires a full-team setup not all of us have...

Not trying to be negative. Just trying to offer another side of the coin. Either way, appreciate you took time to try and help. :)

8 minutes ago, jodarkrider said:

I don't have a full-team available. While I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, it's not helpful for these folks like me, who play with just friends. I generally just play with my friend who got me to the game. Mind you, Interception is even my least favorite mission, one I simply... really... really suck at. It shouldn't be the only way to get a substential amount of Oxium. That I believe is the core-issue there; that if true, there's basically just one way of 'doing it right', which in addition, requires a full-team setup not all of us have...

Not trying to be negative. Just trying to offer another side of the coin. Either way, appreciate you took time to try and help. :)

you can do it with other people through the recruit chat. I also dont have a team from my own clan. But yes its hard to trust other people too. Other good place to farm is also Baal Europa if i not mistaken, a Mobile defence mission, complete all objective but dont extract.. just camp somewhere.

23 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

I know what you mean but they can't change the drop chance to make it easier to acquire otherwise there would be no challenge - the game still has to be challenging and right now that challenge is grinding. They can make it "easier" in other ways and also make it more challenging in other aspects (like I mentioned) but changing the drop rate to be easier takes away the "OMG YES I FINALLY GOT IT AFTER "X" AMOUNT OF TRIES WOOHOO" factor. You want the player to feel achieved but you don't want to bore the hell out of them to get them to that point.

Let's imagine if say the drop chance increased if "all the players were really good at the mission". Then those players need only run it a few times, not to mention they'd be monopolizing on it making tons of plat off other players who "aren't as good as they are"; they're more likely to just buy it than run it a thousand times not to mention they would complain how the "really good players" are getting better treatment over the "noob players". Can you see how that would pose a problem? That's why drop chance can't be so easy or change based on player performance; it would cause more problems for the WF community as a whole.

If you got some ideas on how to make the missions more challenging/fun/interesting/less boring without changing the drop chance I'd be happy to hear it :)

Grinding isn't a challenge, though.  Gameplay has become so trivial that it is essentially non-gameplay.  Repeatedly running missions in the void or whatever is just a formulaic "cc/invis/invuln" and blow things up with overtuned weapons that are overkill in the vast majority of the game's content.  If missions were more challenging and could actually be lost, your "OMG YES" moment would be triumphing over the missions and feeling a sense of accomplishment, rather than the current "finally after spending hours of my life I now have something that I can use to spend more hours of my life to get the next thing..."  So the grind isn't a challenge; your mental endurance and tolerance for monotony are perhaps being challenged but there is zero gameplay challenge in the current grind.  There's no personal investment outside of the hours of time you're sinking into it, and there's certainly no in-game immersion associated with it.  

What I suggest is that the drop chances are increased but the missions are more challenging.  No more indefinite mass CC, staying invisible permanently, infinite energy, godmodes, or weapons that always one-shot enemies into the XXX levels.  We go in, we play the game and react to what problems may arise, and we win, with a high chance of getting something good for our efforts. We may not succeed every time, but when we do succeed we can be confident that it wasn't completely in vain; doing the same mission dozens of times to get one part would be unthinkable.  In the current state of the game, winning a mission during a grind session means nothing and we immediately focus on how we will repeat what we just did.  It's easy to see why a lot of veteran players (myself included) don't even bother to grind for the latest Prime equipment and end up buying it (which ties into the nest part of the post.)

RE: skilled players getting a trading advantage over unskilled players (is this even a real concern?) it's already the case in the current game state.  Understanding how to mod effectively and speed up missions gives savvy players an edge over unsavvy players, since they will obtain desirable loot at a much higher rate than them, which increases the likelihood that the less savvy players will just trade for (buy) their stuff.  Many players already buy stuff to make their life easier or to skip the soul-crushing (and inordinately time-consuming) grind.  Some do it to make the game easier, others because they're too impatient, lazy, or burn-out to grind, and others simply don't have the time to do dozens of runs per week and would like to obtain new equipment in a matter of weeks and not months or years.  One could argue that the potential "problem" you described in your post is already in full swing in today's Warframe.  

6 hours ago, jodarkrider said:

Baal in Europa spawns tons of Ospreys and you don't need a gimmicky squad to farm it, either.  

10 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Grinding isn't a challenge, though.  Gameplay has become so trivial that it is essentially non-gameplay.  Repeatedly running missions in the void or whatever is just a formulaic "cc/invis/invuln" and blow things up with overtuned weapons that are overkill in the vast majority of the game's content.  If missions were more challenging and could actually be lost, your "OMG YES" moment would be triumphing over the missions and feeling a sense of accomplishment, rather than the current "finally after spending hours of my life I now have something that I can use to spend more hours of my life to get the next thing..."  So the grind isn't a challenge; your mental endurance and tolerance for monotony are perhaps being challenged but there is zero gameplay challenge in the current grind.  There's no personal investment outside of the hours of time you're sinking into it, and there's certainly no in-game immersion associated with it.  

What I suggest is that the drop chances are increased but the missions are more challenging.  No more indefinite mass CC, staying invisible permanently, infinite energy, godmodes, or weapons that always one-shot enemies into the XXX levels.  We go in, we play the game and react to what problems may arise, and we win, with a high chance of getting something good for our efforts. We may not succeed every time, but when we do succeed we can be confident that it wasn't completely in vain; doing the same mission dozens of times to get one part would be unthinkable.  In the current state of the game, winning a mission during a grind session means nothing and we immediately focus on how we will repeat what we just did.  It's easy to see why a lot of veteran players (myself included) don't even bother to grind for the latest Prime equipment and end up buying it (which ties into the nest part of the post.)

RE: skilled players getting a trading advantage over unskilled players (is this even a real concern?) it's already the case in the current game state.  Understanding how to mod effectively and speed up missions gives savvy players an edge over unsavvy players, since they will obtain desirable loot at a much higher rate than them, which increases the likelihood that the less savvy players will just trade for (buy) their stuff.  Many players already buy stuff to make their life easier or to skip the soul-crushing (and inordinately time-consuming) grind.  Some do it to make the game easier, others because they're too impatient, lazy, or burn-out to grind, and others simply don't have the time to do dozens of runs per week and would like to obtain new equipment in a matter of weeks and not months or years.  One could argue that the potential "problem" you described in your post is already in full swing in today's Warframe.  

Taken a bit out of context there - the point I was making is that your suggestion will make it worse not that it will make the problems you've pointed out begin (most of us know they're already present). But these problems aren't enough to deter players away in it's current state.

What you're asking for though is a complete overhaul of the game mechanics and that just isn't going to happen and is unrealistic. I'm trying to think of ways to make the typical grindfest not so typical - not to try and abolish grinding because it's not going to happen.

Trade system is what it is not because of the game but because of the player dynamic - of course people are going to try and monopolize on certain items whilst other players will buy plat and spend that plat in the trade channel with no interest on monopolizing. But proposing to change the drop rates to make them easier will actually make the current "potentially problematic" system worse not better. You think the trading is bad now or that extremely good players with crazy forma'd weapons/frames can profit far better than the latter - imagine what it'd be like if the drop rates were easier based on performance or just in general. Not only would Digital Extremes lose money but the economy in the game would be too unbalanced with crazy rich players who are on the game 24/7 that don't pay a cent to the developer because they can easily prey off those who do support the developer. You could say in some way it happens now - just not as often. The reason it's not as often is because those players get tired of grinding for the purpose of plat especially when they have everything already. Why make it easier for them? So they can ruin the game? No thanks.

Game needs to be more "fun" and less tedious - this is the real problem to be addressed.
I'll leave the changing of potential game breaking mechanics/dynamics to the dev team - hopefully they continue to take it one baby step at a time.

Just chiming in before the threat gets inevitably closed.

Vauban Prime. Thumbs up. Reasons he is awesome:

1. Bastille
  2. Shred'em
  3. Stronkor

Also is it just me or is Frag Prime the best weapon like ever in the history of weapons. I mean seriously the master of bonk I run around with 86% crit chance before Blood Rush starts stacking and Berserker my love for this hammer is like a truck.