Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

I'm gonna be a bit sensationalist.

I think we should just stop what we are doing and revolt. How? Simple: By doing nothing.

And by nothing, I mean no Prime Access, no farming, nothing.

I mean, do you need this? We already have Vauban, we already have the fragor, he akstilleto. We have played well without their prime versions. Why are you wasting hundreds of hours and money on this items?

Hell, use the 130 dollars to get Overwatch, or Battleborn, or Dark Souls, or a crap ton of indie games.

they are all full games that cost less than the access. The bloody access. Its not even the game. Its 5 items and some boosters.

I'm sorry, but I'm done. I've excused the grind with "they need too eat too" for quite too much time. There are limits, and they have been crossed.

Welcome to Pay2Win.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Arkel-99 said:

I just got the blueprint which costs 5 Nitain Extract

I can kinda understand the 5 Nitain for the blueprint. 

The chassis of Vauban Prime however is just ridiculous. A friend of mine sent me a picture of it, the costs are the following:

14.000 Oxium

13.000 Alloy Plate

2 Argon Crystal

5 Nitain Extract

What was DE even thinking..?

It is not too high at all. Vauban P would be easier to get than Vauban which would be stupid, so they had to make that Vauban P need huge requierments to be crafted, that is the reason why it is that much oxium for exemple.

You have to think about this.

18 minutes ago, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

To be honest it's good that the build requirements are so high. I think farming the prime blueprints itself should be easier but the build requiements should be higher. This means you actually have to visit a planet and different missions to farm the resources.

I actually like this.  Gives us more reason to try out all the other nodes and spend time outside of the void.

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

I'm gonna be a bit sensationalist.

I think we should just stop what we are doing and revolt. How? Simple: By doing nothing.

And by nothing, I mean no Prime Access, no farming, nothing.

I mean, do you need this? We already have Vauban, we already have the fragor, he akstilleto. We have played well without their prime versions. Why are you wasting hundreds of hours and money on this items?

Hell, use the 130 dollars to get Overwatch, or Battleborn, or Dark Souls, or a crap ton of indie games.

they are all full games that cost less than the access. The bloody access. Its not even the game. Its 5 items and some boosters.

I'm sorry, but I'm done. I've excused the grind with "they need too eat too" for quite too much time. There are limits, and they have been crossed.

+1000

But then again.. who is going to do that? Most will farm and farm again.. and DE will make the grind even worse because no one does nothing.

On the other hand, i'd like to hear DE's (lore-breaking) decision as to why vauban needs oxium.. is he flying or something? I mean, i understand zephyr.. but vauban?

1 minute ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

I actually like this.  Gives us more reason to try out all the other nodes and spend time outside of the void.

Problem is it doesn't. There is a SINGLE viable node to obtain that amount of oxium (and I'm using "viable" loosely here). Any other node will take 2-3 times as long

Just now, 88DJK said:

On the other hand, i'd like to hear DE's (lore-breaking) decision as to why vauban needs oxium.. is he flying or something? I mean, i understand zephyr.. but vauban?

its probably symbolizing how DE's head is floating sky high, instead of having their feet on the ground.

1 minute ago, 88DJK said:

But then again.. who is going to do that? Most will farm and farm again.. and DE will make the grind even worse because no one does nothing.

well, guess im gonna create a reddit account and post it there. Unless someone who bothers with reddit and wants to get the fame does it before me...

Personally, I will just continue to turn away more and more from Warframe. I've been spending more time with my partner, doing some volunteer work, and playing other games. This is coming right on time, because I need to turn away from this. So yes, the stars aligned themselves to me.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

"other nodes"

you mean cerberus? because that's the ONLY node that will get you 14000!!! oxium in a REASONABLE amount of time.

Not going to farm for him then.

Quitting sounds like a better option.

I'm about 2 years here now.

I have seen 3 nitain alerts since nitain came out.

I have never had 14k Oxium in these entire two years(not even in total)

I also never had 9k Cryotic(in total) which is required for the systems.

The rest isn't much of a problem.

Edited by Icpmcp

12 minutes ago, Robm said:

Welcome to Pay2Win.

This is wrong.

It is not Pay to Win.

It is not a required or distinct advantage only available for money, and it is still available for free.

What it is, is a $&*^ move.

Applying unreasonable grind to acquire an item.

If you do nothing else,, if you work at it, like a job you could feasibly get Vauban Prime inside a week.

It's unreasonable, it's absurd, but it's not 'Pay to Win'

And that's really it.

If you turn it into a job you can easily get this.

It stops it being fun, which is the entire point of a game.

Edited by DarkOvion

Well, I was planing on buying the Prime access anyways (mostly for the platinum, which for $80, is a f***ing great deal.)

Now... Im doing it because I havent the patients or the desire to farm that much Oxium... Im still trying to save upo for the f***ing Grattler Archwing weapon, than alone the parts for Trinity and Inaros quest.

srsly i dont see the problem

the prime version is easyer to get than the normal version since its tradable and ur complaining because it takes a few recources to build ??

what did u expect ?

free prime parts with every login ??

i wish they made it so that there are alerts that give u a new void key and running this key has a small CHANCE to drop a single part

and reaslistic would be he drops just like now but requires a finished builded vauban part for each part

even if they made it 50 nitain + 50 argon + 50000 oxium it would still be cheap

9 minutes ago, ohestnes said:

Problem is it doesn't. There is a SINGLE viable node to obtain that amount of oxium (and I'm using "viable" loosely here). Any other node will take 2-3 times as long

Nah, I mean in general for all prime stuff, not just Vauban.  But only if they don't pull the same thing with the others like what they did with Vauban and the Sibear (sp?).

4 minutes ago, Schregger said:

Well, I was planing on buying the Prime access anyways (mostly for the platinum, which for $80, is a f***ing great deal.)

Now... Im doing it because I havent the patients or the desire to farm that much Oxium... Im still trying to save upo for the f***ing Grattler Archwing weapon, than alone the parts for Trinity and Inaros quest.

I'd like to note you are doing exactly what they are aiming to achieve.

16 minutes ago, Robm said:

Welcome to Pay2Win.

warframe is pay to rush not pay to win

if ur impatient and dont want to farm go ahead and spent money on the game

if u dont want to spent it stop complaining

or just spent the money because u want to support the devs and farm it anyway for clanmates

Because - http://imgur.com/g2x4LpY

Well, I was about to post this SS (which my frnd sent me few mins earlier). But yes, am seriously awstruck to my fullest now...

DE keeps saying in their devstream's that "We are working on reducing the grind" only to make S#&$s like these. As a player who occasionally farms resources , but the oxium amount required is stupendous purely. 14k for just a chasis , huh ?

It's like DE is saying, "well you can buy the prime access and get him insta-unlocked you know right with a slot + catalyst" :facepalm:

P.S. - This isn't my own personal SS , got it from a friend of mine when he said how angry he became after seeing it. 

Edited by Fr0stPh03niX

1 minute ago, Weidro said:

warframe is pay to rush not pay to win

if ur impatient and dont want to farm go ahead and spent money on the game

if u dont want to spent it stop complaining

or just spent the money because u want to support the devs and farm it anyway for clanmates

the closest thing this game has to "winning" is getting every item.

with that in mind, yes.

this is pay to win.

The new, shiny Vauban Prime too expensive for you? Can't seem to get clear drop location answers? Cant afford 20 Nitain Extract and 14k Oxium?

Well! I got the deal for you! Introducing Better Value Vauban!

hAUXKD5.jpg

As you can see the new Better Value Vauban is literally just Vauban with a different coloring to try to mimic that of his more costly counterpart!

Just look at these happy customers!!

"Classy!" - Frogkinny

"5 Stars, clearly." - Timberlakefan3

"I love it, and so cheap too!" - Squirtlebabe001

How is your Better Value Vauban working for you?

Edited by Xaeger

20 minutes ago, 88DJK said:

while Oxium is toted to be lighter than air, it is also an Alloy, meaning a purpose designed material... very presumably designed to be lighter than normal atmosphere while also having immense tensile strength and ductility.
as is the case with most Alloys for construction, looking to make something that is incredibly strong, but still ductile, and lighter than the base metal it's made from.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

the closest thing this game has to "winning" is getting every item.

with that in mind, yes.

this is pay to win.

check ur google the definition of pay to win is something close to this

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

i dont see that in warframe