Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

I just got the blueprint which costs 5 Nitain Extract

I can kinda understand the 5 Nitain for the blueprint. 

The chassis of Vauban Prime however is just ridiculous. A friend of mine sent me a picture of it, the costs are the following:

14.000 Oxium

13.000 Alloy Plate

2 Argon Crystal

5 Nitain Extract

What was DE even thinking..?

Edit: Vauban Prime will also cost 20 Nitain Extract in total so have fun looking 24/7 at your screen waiting for an Nitain alert to pop up :)

DE Reply: 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

We are adjusting Vauban Prime’s Chassis Oxium requirement from 14,000 to 7,000. We’re hoping that in halving the requirements you’ll have an easier time crafting our friendly neighborhood engineer.

As always thank you for voicing your concerns!

Crap, that's more than Zephyr parts all combined!

Considering that we get the average of two Oxium per Oxium Osprey kill, that's 7,000 kills right there.

Edited by Rorgal_Sina
Sorry guys, wrong information. It appears I may have caused some unnecessary salt too. Sorry about that.

1 minute ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

Crap, that's more than Zephyr parts all combined!

Considering that we get the average of two Oxium per Oxium Osprey kill, that's 7,000 kills right there.

Someone else from my clan said the helmet costs 5 neural sensors and 3 argon crystals. I can't confirm since I haven't seen a picture of it but it could very well be true by just looking at how much the other parts costs..

Wow . . . just, wow.  Fun fact, 14,000 Oxium is more than the amount of Oxium required to build EVERY other recipe currently in the game, combined (13,450 according to the warframe resource costs spreadsheet on Google Docs). 

I sure hope there's an errant zero in there....1,400 would sound reasonable; 14,000 is just bonkers.

Edited by jpgil_galad

From what I remember, they said they wanted to somehow fix it so that the Prime wasn't easier to get than the normal version of the frame (random Alerts)

I guess this is one way.

Edited by Ahcruna

Wowzers. I knew it'd be high, but I thought it would just mostly be nitain and argon. (Predicted 20 nitain and 15 argon - enough to make you roll your eyes, but...it's the RNG nightmare Vauban....now, as a prime, so i get it)

the Oxium though? if 14,000 is correct, then LOL. I remember when they said that the sibear needed all of that Cryotic to "use up" the excess resource (because, you know, that 2% of the playerbase that farms fusion cores all day had a lot of it...so umm yeah....justified).

According to their own market prices, 300 Oxium costs 30p. That's 1400p worth of Oxium for a resource to craft a part that is used to craft a Frame. YIKES.
Yep, glad I bought PA.

Well, I suppose it makes sense thematically for Vauban, the Alert Frame, to require a bunch of the Alert Resource.  I don't think it's too absurd, I'd have tons of Nitain by now if I had cared to do the alerts when they were there.

Not gonna defend the Oxium, though.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

Wowzers. I knew it'd be high, but I thought it would just mostly be nitain and argon. (Predicted 20 nitain and 15 argon - enough to make you roll your eyes, but...it's the RNG nightmare Vauban....now, as a prime, so i get it)

the Oxium though? if 14,000 is correct, then LOL. I remember when they said that the sibear needed all of that Cryotic to "use up" the excess resource (because, you know, that 2% of the playerbase that farms fusion cores all day had a lot of it...so umm yeah....justified).

According to their own market prices, 300 Oxium costs 30p. That's 1400p worth of Oxium for a resource to craft a part that is used to craft a Frame. YIKES.
Yep, glad I bought PA.

If you don't believe me I can sent you a picture on PS4 of it. I don't really know how to put the picture here since I'm not really familiar with the forums lol