Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

Exactly as I said. If we accept the 30,000 cryotics requirement for sibear, there gonna be 10,000 oxium requirement coming. And here it comes. Quicker than I thought and it requires 14,000 oxium LOL. But I guess it's not problem for veterans and people who have a  lot of time on this game because that's what they said when Sibear came out right?

7000 oxium? 20 nitain? DE, are you kidding? I've spent in the game about 1000 hours and have ONLY 6000 of oxium! 20 nitain extractor is a big pain in the butt too. I'm playing this game for 2,5 years and all that I see in the last updates is another useless frame, another bunch of "craft- level up - and sell" weapons that are useful only for the master rank and ALL. Instead of new game modes, new interesting maps and quests all that DE is doing are various absolutely useless bells and whistles. Warframe will son become pay2win game and this is very sad.

9 minutes ago, Betailas said:

7000 oxium? 20 nitain? DE, are you kidding? I've spent in the game about 1000 hours and have ONLY 6000 of oxium! 20 nitain extractor is a big pain in the butt too. I'm playing this game for 2,5 years and all that I see in the last updates is another useless frame, another bunch of "craft- level up - and sell" weapons that are useful only for the master rank and ALL. Instead of new game modes, new interesting maps and quests all that DE is doing are various absolutely useless bells and whistles. Warframe will son become pay2win game and this is very sad.

I think that won't be that bad, pay2win it's a strong change, but is getting waaaaaaay harder

anyway... everyone going to triton to farm keys and oxium, also the new sabotage missions to obtain... 20 NITAIN. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME DE???

4 minutes ago, Darkwave1098 said:

7,000 is still a lot.

1400 seems like the most reasonable amount, considering Trinty Prime's build cost.

Agreed, you know it's bad when the build cost for a frame chassis requires more oxium than the Mantis fuselage... Let me get this straight, how the hell does a chassis for a suit seem to need more of something then a giant bulk of space ship!? Hmm? Hmmmmmm? HMMMMMMMM!?

2 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

As was part of the agreement, DE is still fully in control of their own IP.

...which is what makes these ridiculous additions/changes that much more annoying. It's all DE.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Matsypie said:

Agreed, you know it's bad when the build cost for a frame chassis requires more oxium than the Mantis fuselage... Let me get this straight, how the hell does a chassis for a suit seem to need more of something then a giant bulk of space ship!? Hmm? Hmmmmmm? HMMMMMMMM!?

Extremely wasteful Tenno?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Matsypie said:

Must be all that his Orokin gold is just a cheap knock off made out of Oxium.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Danilo_Franz said:

I think that won't be that bad, pay2win it's a strong change

It will completely ruin the game, dude. I understand everything, DE are people and want to eat but there are a lot of other free2play games whith a similar system but their developers are not so greedy. With such a tempo I will just stop playing the game...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Matsypie said:

There is no logic, man :D Players just have to humble and take it as a rule.

2 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

Extremely wasteful Tenno?

Sorry, I now have the image stuck in my head of a Tenno, constructing a Vauban warframe, seeing that it needs oxium and for every hundred he puts in he chucks 1000 on the floor or out the airlock.

3 minutes ago, Darkwave1098 said:

Must be all that his Orokin gold is just a cheap knock off made out of Oxium.

Yeah probably. Baro walks in to the relay to take his normal place...

Baro:"Selling premium items from my previous Safari," -sees a grubby old guy- "Who in da heck are you!?"

Old Guy:"Welcome to Bargain Budget Primez! Give us yer gold and get some Primez!"

Baro:"Tch, used oxium for the gold... Peasant!"

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Matsypie said:

Well, we need quite a lot of materials for all his balls...

3 minutes ago, Betailas said:

There is no logic, man :D Players just have to humble and take it as a rule.

Evidently! But for real, for real, the oxium cost is a little much and the Nitain isn't doing much better... (Arguably worse - THE GRIND!!)

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

7000 Oxium? Seven thousand?! You have absolutely got to be effing kidding me. And this is after the hotfix to reduce the requirements!

I was so very much looking forward to the Prime version of one of the frames I like the most. I was prepared to have to grind through a pile of Void keys to get 5% drop chance BP parts. I have accepted the fact I'll have to chain Nitain alerts for several days too (around my day job, sleeping, eating and even a bit of a social life). But 7 bloody thousand Oxium on top of that with no warning?!?

My buzz has been most thoroughly killed. I just want to go play something else now -_-

I understand that Primed gear should not be necessarily easy to obtain but the ratio of investment to reward of Vauban Prime is ludicrously low. Even with lowered Oxium costs to 7000, you still need tons of other resources on top of the ridiculous grind for Oxium on a Pluto (end-game) Oxium farm.

You need:

- 20 (alert gated) Nitain Extract

- 2 (time limited) Argon Crystals

- 7000 Oxium

- 31,000 Alloy Plate (why?)

- 8000 Rubedo

- 16000 Salvage

- 1 Orokin Cell

- 9000 Cryotic

- 5000 Circuits

Look at those insane resource costs.

For what? 100 extra shields and 50 extra armor over basic Vauban? Basic Vauban is already only a theoretical possibility for casual players, but, to get Vauban Prime, you'll have to spend weeks on end gathering all the necessary resources without crafting anything else and that is before you ever get the Vauban Prime Blueprints.

This is the exact opposite of making the game less of a grind. Cut the Oxium, Alloy Plate, Rubedo, Salvage, Cryotic AND Circuit costs in half and THEN Vauban Prime might have a decent investment/reward ratio.

you know, I remember about a month or so ago, there was a thread where we joked about absurd building requirements for Vauban prime. we also jokingly said "heh, I hope DE don't get any ideas".

and they took it literally. great.

first the Sibear, now this? I think the dev team need to have words with the guy who decides on build requirements, as they seem to be getting a bit overzealous as of late.

this is why we don't make joke threads about things guys: it's not a violation of the EULA or a bannable offense, it's just a bad idea because Someone at DE WILL actually do it. literally.

just gotta add my 2cents, 

comunnity: "there is nothing else to do in this game, i already have all the items crafted and im bored :*("

DE: "here is the new Prime Acces/update/reinforcement"

1 day later 

Community: "i already farmed and maxed all the items in the PA, i have nothing else to do :("

DE: ...

not saying i agree with this requirements(wich i dont) but people complain no matter what, and if people is complaining about being tired of the repetitive things, i think they are playing the wrong game.

and for the people surprised about this, me and a friend have been playingfor 3y+ and she stil doesnt thave the regular vauban. so....

2 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

7k oxium is like... not really that much. at least you can grind that and get it within an hour. 20 nitain is ridiculous tho, unless you've been doing all the alerts.

dont know about you, but most people ik cant farm 7k oxium in an hour, maybe 4 hrs with a good team, but and hour? for 7k? when only a single mob in the entire game drops it and said mob likes to not show up when you need oxium? go back and redo your numbers dude