Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

1 minute ago, (PS4)jordan361999 said:

People its a prime warframe not a "new" warframe, 14k is way to much stop defending this because DE is just going to keep increasing the build requirements for everything.

I'd rather the real issue, the Resources, were addressed. The increase in requirements would probably remain rather stagnant if there was a resource cap that wouldn't allow for someone to own, say, 25 million Alloy Plates, where you likely do not need much more than half a million to build pretty much everything.

idunno, with every Oxium Osprey dropping ~8-12... available in moderate amounts in Corpus Missions, and also available in Derelict Sabotage in pretty significant amounts.

between those two methods, it should... be in the same ballpark as it would about that value in say, Rubedo or Et Cetera.
there's tools available to you as a Player, use them. 

the number is surprisingly high, but there's also a tool that i'm sure <1% of Players have ever utilized for collecting this Resource.

14 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

It seems the found a way to keep the spirit of the alerts with Booben prime... there is no escape

FYI Reactor Sabotage has Nitain in it.

19 minutes ago, ViLeDeth said:

I was telling my clanmates that I had a hunch that Nitain, Oxium and CRYOTIC would play a role.

LOL I wish they would use cryotic or Tellurium.

<--- 3,400 Oxium on hand... 220,000+ Cryotic.   So, yeah I would have preferred to unload some Cryotic instead.  But then the requirements would have been 250,000 Cryotic for the chassis.  :P

2 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

I'd rather the real issue, the Resources, were addressed. The increase in requirements would probably remain rather stagnant if there was a resource cap that wouldn't allow for someone to own, say, 25 million Alloy Plates, where you likely do not need much more than half a million to build pretty much everything.

That was my exact argument back in February, but people didn't want to listen when it was just the Staticor using Alloy Plate and Ferrite...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, (PS4)Arkel-99 said:

I just got the blueprint which costs 5 Nitain Extract

I can kinda understand the 5 Nitain for the blueprint. 

The chassis of Vauban Prime however is just ridiculous. A friend of mine sent me a picture of it, the costs are the following:

14.000 Oxium

13.000 Alloy Plate

2 Argon Crystal

5 Nitain Extract

What was DE even thinking..?

so it never crossed your mind DE did this to make it feel like it´s harder to get just like normal vauban?

I think this community is blind by love or something. So what about if DE said this item requieres 400 neural sensors the community would say oooh it's not that bad it's only 400 alad V kills c'mon guys or dude i have 700 it's not that bad. We need to complain if something is wrong and this is deffinitely wrong

On 4/7/2016 at 8:36 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

In light of Sibear's release, we wanted to reassure you that stretch goal crafting is not going to be a common trend for future Tenno reinforcements. The current crafting requirements allow players who have accrued substantial peripheral resources the opportunity to put them to use.

That said, your feedback has been taken into account and will be considered for future weapon releases. Thank you! Thread will now be unlocked. 

Good thing our feedback on ridiculous crafting requirements were taken into consideration! 

"How much Oxyium does it take to build Vauban Prime?" - Tenno

" All of it. " - Lotus

1 minute ago, Pyus said:

Good thing our feedback on ridiculous crafting requirements were taken into consideration! 

"How much Oxyium does it take to build Vauban Prime?" - Tenno

" All of it. " - Lotus

Well, it does say weapons. 

Devoid is a sad panda, and sad panda is sad.

I feel like the resource creep is going to be a MAJOR problem for newer players in the future. I can't understand it at all.

For example, look at the sibear. A new player would never be able to obtain that thing via crafting, but they can always hop into the market to buy it.
Same goes for other resource-heavy items. At least you can pray for a discount code and buy it in the market.

You can't do that with the prime items. You have this new player that starts in December 2016... whose favorite frame is the Master of Balls, and he forks over the plat to get the blueprints and BAM. Doesn't have the gear to powerfarm pluto, and would be an idiot to spend 1400p on oxium. He's stuck with parts that he cannot reasonably build.
Resource creep is going to be a very big thing down the road if they don't get a handle on it now.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

I feel like the resource creep is going to be a MAJOR problem for newer players in the future. I can't understand it at all.

For example, look at the sibear. A new player would never be able to obtain that thing via crafting, but they can always hop into the market to buy it.
Same goes for other resource-heavy items. At least you can pray for a discount code and buy it in the market.

You can't do that with the prime items. You have this new player that starts in December 2016... whose favorite frame is the Master of Balls, and he forks over the plat to get the blueprints and BAM. Doesn't have the gear to powerfarm pluto, and would be an idiot to spend 1400p on oxium. He's stuck with parts that he cannot reasonably build.
Resource creep is going to be a very big thing down the road if they don't get a handle on it now.

We have enough items to obtain MR22 (21 without exclusives), yet there's only, what, 7 items past MR8 locks? (Syndicate primaries and War that I can think of)
On top of that, anytime MR is mentioned many on the forums call it a joke and a terrible measurement of skill or time played.

So what do they decide is a better lock than Mastery Rank? Large amounts of resources.

Face it, not everything in the game is made for new players or is going to be easily obtained (without paying). Eventually (if they keep with the concept) we should even see items being MR locked at 15, 18, 20...maybe even 30 once we've reached it. Something should already be done with the overcrowding of MR8 and below items.

Edited by Maicael

This is ridiculous. 

I don't have the time nor patience to sit around and farm for that much Oxium. I don't think anyone does.

If I hear that "Oh players had a lot of Oxium laying around" BullS#&amp;&#036;. BULL. S#&amp;&#036;. I've been playing for a long &amp;#&#33; time and I have just under 7000.

I don't have a free frigging week to just sit and farm for this S#&amp;&#036;. And I'm not spending 80 @(*()&#036; dollars to buy him.

DE. Please. This is not reasonable.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

I guess that is one way to make sure people shell out the money for Prime Access...

or to keep Players from crafting only gold shiny things 10 minutes after playing the game.

i don't think Resource Costs alone is the right way to go about it(not on it's own atleast), but it is A way...

7 minutes ago, Maicael said:

We have enough items to obtain MR22 (21 without exlusives), yet there's only, what, 7 items past MR8 locks? (Syndicate primaries and War that I can think of)
On top of that, anytime MR is mentioned many on the forums call it a joke and a terrible measurement of skill or time played.

So what do they decide is a better lock than Mastery Rank? Large amounts of resources.

Face it, not everything in the game is made for new players or is going to be easily obtained (without paying). Eventually (if they keep with the concept) we should even see items being MR locked at 15, 18, 20...maybe even 30 once we've reached it. Something should already be done with the overcrowding of MR8 and below items.

If they are using resource costs and RNG to balance weapon/frame USABILITY locks, then it would be one of the worst decisions I've ever heard of in a FTP game.

I think they just want to make the items more exclusive and harder to obtain (they want to put in a wall)....but with so many people having SO much of each resource, they are balancing their requirements against players with 500+ hours of playtime and stockpiles of resources.
The RNG is already at it's breaking point with most players, with many feeling burned out as it is....so now they turn to resources.

I am in favor of a resource cap if it eliminates the creep. It would hurt me in the short run (as a MR21 player), but it would be better for the game (and easier for newer players - who have it bad enough as it is) in the long run.

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss

3 minutes ago, Omni_Omega said:

f I hear that "Oh players had a lot of Oxium laying around" BullS#&amp;&#036;. BULL. S#&amp;&#036;. I've been playing for a long &amp;#&#33; time and I have just under 7000.

I don't have a free frigging week to just sit and farm for this S#&amp;&#036;. And I'm not spending 80 @(*()&#036; dollars to buy him.

This made me giggle.

Thank you.

I'm never normally one to comment but the stretch goal of 14k Oxium is an order of magnitude too high for building requirements. Given that the original vauban is alert based then I'd be fine with a barrier to entry on acquiring him but to place this requirement is too high. Reducing the oxium count to something like 1.5- 2K will be more reasonable