Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

1 minute ago, Venom-Snake said:

Look up.

i was literally trying to type and post as my browser was beeping from the replies to this thread lol.  Bad timing (or perhaps good?).  7k is... meh.  I'm not happy about it, 4-5k was what i'd say is fair, but i guess it'll have to do.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

We are adjusting Vauban Prime’s Chassis Oxium requirement from 14,000 to 7,000. We’re hoping that in halving the requirements you’ll have an easier time crafting our friendly neighborhood engineer.

As always thank you for voicing your concerns!

Thats a good start.  Another 50% reduction and I think they will put the pitchforks down.

3 minutes ago, ViLeDeth said:

edit: jesus... not even one sec later...

(DE shouldn't have caved in...)

whineoneone.gif

You completely missed the point. The fact that DE specifically said in a devstream that they would make the Prime counterpart easier to obtain than the regular, coupled with the fact that Vauban Prime alone would cost the same as 90% of everything else in the game that costs Oxium, makes it prohibitive to farm for. And even though I've played for a while, looking at it from a new player perspective, how long would it take them to get it? What if they don't unlock Cererus, they only good node for farming Oxium? What if someone can't afford to spend 4+ hours doing just that node in a high-efficiency format with a Nekros and efficient means of killing the Ospreys? 14k Oxium is a high enough cost to dissuade newer players from even attempting to get the item. And, noting the change [DE] Danielle mentioned, 7k is quite a bit better. If they hadn't changed the cost, what about more than 3 months down the road, when the Prime Access is no longer available? The argument of "Or you could just pay them because they shouldn't work for free."  won't exist, leaving only the ridiculous farm.

2 hours ago, TheGuyverOne said:

14k oxium isn't that bad, you could net 2-3k+ per four rounds on Cerberus, Pluto with proper squad . There are other nodes to play on besides draco after all.

"Proper squad" my ***. Barely 1-2 people play that node, and those are mostly newbies that have nothing. Learned it hard way when tried to farm it during double weekends, ended up on Baal solo and the best result till got bored the hell out of it was like 500 per run.

Every farm that requires more than "mash 1 button and everyone knows what/how to do it" is already a failure, even before the start.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

14 minutes ago, Hazzlenut said:

What is the problem exactly? It can happen that you don't see a normal vauban blueprint alert for a month or more.

And here you are complaining about 14k opxium, that you can farm in a week or less if you put some effort in it. Seriously......?

Should just give it out for free then...

Well, I think 90% of the farming for a Prime thing should be farming the parts. Vau got 2 C rots, which is already worse then regular Vau. For ASH P I went more then 10 hours and didnt drop, yeh some people get It for first, but some are really unlukcy with some drops. You sure can get It much faster then regular prime, but in time used? Not. For Vauban You need 3 alerts, while for this you need to farm hours, these parts prob has like 5-10% chances to drop in rotation C which means, 1 hour is just 3 chances for It. 1 hour is much time and It adds up, You could have done so many things in the time You were farming something, but ofc this is a grinding game and its not a problem for me.

And the requiments are going to be halved, which is good to hear, DE is awesome as always.

12 minutes ago, aoguro_ said:

simple math:

125 bucks compared to free, what do you people want ?

you open your mouth and you get coke and a flying burger fresh straight there ? =))))))))

shure, life functions that way ... LOL

and DE lives for free on this planet and dont need anything for their jobs etc. then thin air, LMFAO ! thats hillarious ...

Wrong, 125 bucks isnt only for Vauban Prime, also It comes craft with potato and nobody ever said that f2p games has good pricing on paying contents. I mean no harm to DE, I love warframe, but Lets say It. Games like this and Trove has pricing on packs which are for rich people haha. 

53 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

We are adjusting Vauban Prime’s Chassis Oxium requirement from 14,000 to 7,000. We’re hoping that in halving the requirements you’ll have an easier time crafting our friendly neighborhood engineer.

As always thank you for voicing your concerns!

I really don't mean to sound rude, but to be honest you should have put a bit more effort in to this Prime since the way of acquiring it is a bit different. I dunno, making it so that you at least needed to have the original Warframe from the start in order to access a special void quest that opened up nods to the Prime parts.
(having simple quests would also go along nicely with those teaser/release trailers for the frames too)

At least then there wouldn't have to be an excuse to have a massive requirement on resources because you still need to have to original one and building the Prime could have an even lower cost. (no complaining that the Prime is easier to get compared to the original one)

Just a future thought. but what do I know anyway, I'm gonna go back to stealing the carrots.

[EDIT]

I forgot to mention that, No, I do not think the initial requirement of materials was high, but I'm not going to argue that with anyone.

Edited by Ahcruna

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

Thats a good start.  Another 50% reduction and I think they will put the pitchforks down.

DAMMIT!!! This is why I dont have too many zingers, I cant think of good material on demand...

15 minutes ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Well, I think 90% of the farming for a Prime thing should be farming the parts. Vau got 2 C rots, which is already worse then regular Vau. For ASH P I went more then 10 hours and didnt drop, yeh some people get It for first, but some are really unlukcy with some drops. You sure can get It much faster then regular prime, but in time used? Not. For Vauban You need 3 alerts, while for this you need to farm hours, these parts prob has like 5-10% chances to drop in rotation C which means, 1 hour is just 3 chances for It. 1 hour is much time and It adds up, You could have done so many things in the time You were farming something, but ofc this is a grinding game and its not a problem for me.

And the requiments are going to be halved, which is good to hear, DE is awesome as always.

5-10%? 1-2% More likely if you ask me

Requirements are too High?!

Do you know how good we have it? How much easier it is to build Vauban Prime compared to the normal frame?

You're not at the mercy of RNG alerts that might give you a Vauban part (and not necessarily the one you need) once a month or less.

I don't say this very often (in fact this might be the first time I've ever said it), but the desire for instant gratification is so high that it's gone into orbit.

What would have made Vauban Prime's requirements "too high" is if he required built components from the normal frame... You know the one, the alert only frame? That would have been too high. How he is currently though is definitely not too high.

Edited by Letter13
Changed wording

To address all of the points saying "You don't like it, just buy the Prime access! DE needs to eat too :^)", you are literally ignoring the fact that there is a window of time for the Prime access. A player can join Warframe 2 years from now, and guess what! They don't have access to the Vauban Prime Access. They have no alternative option. If the price stayed at 14k Oxium, a newer player, not knowing about Cerberus, about Nekros, about efficiency farming, they look at the 10ish Oxium they get from killing the occasional Osprey and immediately get dissuaded from farming. Not to say that 7k isn't a lot, but it's better than 14k. (In my experience an extra digit or extra zeros on an item tends to be a breakpoint for the human psyche. That's why marketing run prices at $29.99 rather than $30.00, and why 7,000 would look more achievable than 14,000.)

12 minutes ago, DominicP343 said:

You completely missed the point. The fact that DE specifically said in a devstream that they would make the Prime counterpart easier to obtain than the regular, coupled with the fact that Vauban Prime alone would cost the same as 90% of everything else in the game that costs Oxium, makes it prohibitive to farm for. And even though I've played for a while, looking at it from a new player perspective, how long would it take them to get it? What if they don't unlock Cererus, they only good node for farming Oxium? What if someone can't afford to spend 4+ hours doing just that node in a high-efficiency format with a Nekros and efficient means of killing the Ospreys? 14k Oxium is a high enough cost to dissuade newer players from even attempting to get the item. And, noting the change [DE] Danielle mentioned, 7k is quite a bit better. If they hadn't changed the cost, what about more than 3 months down the road, when the Prime Access is no longer available? The argument of "Or you could just pay them because they shouldn't work for free."  won't exist, leaving only the ridiculous farm.

maxresdefault.jpg
So...?

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Do you know how good we have it? How much easier it is to build Vauban Prime compared to the normal frame?

You're not at the mercy of RNG alerts that might give you a Vauban part (and not necessarily the one you need) once a month or less.

I don't say this very often (in fact this might be the first time I've ever said it), but the desire for instant gratification is so high it's gone into orbit.

What would have made Vauban Prime's requirements "too high" is if he required built components from the normal frame... You know the one, the alert only frame? That would have been too high. How he is currently though is definitely not too high.

I got normal Vauban and I say Its easier. It takes longer period of time, but You farm much less for It. I want Vauban Prime fast for sure, not in months, but for regular Vauban You dont farm hours and hours, so yeh. 

TL:DR 

Vauban Prime takes more time from your life then regualr Vauban, despite the fact that It takes longer time of period to get the normal Vauban, You dont grind your &#! into headache with that.

Vauban prime just isn't worth that much grinding, im just gonna stick with normal vauban.
Normal Vauban took me a year and a half to get since im not on warframe 24/7 and have other things to do.

Edited by Just.a.Nobody

Just now, HUNDarkTemplar said:

I got normal Vauban and I say Its easier. It takes longer period of time, but You farm much less for It. I want Vauban Prime fast for sure, not in months, but for regular Vauban You dont farm hours and hours, so yeh. 

TL:DR 

Vauban Prime takes more time from your life then regualr Vauban, despite the fact that It takes longer time of period to get the normal Vauban, You dont grind your &#! into headache with that.

Over the same time period it took me to farm Vauban, I would have amassed far, FAR more materials than i would have needed for Vauban Prime, and just from playing normally (and not making an effort to farm).

I imagine most players already have a significant amount of Oxium already--that many already have the amount needed or more, or already have several thousand and are week on their way to hitting the mark. The exception to this would be newer players who do not have very good gear yet.

put a cap on rare resources to make em stay rare instead of looking for ways to empty the storage of players that accidentally have grinded insane ammounts rare resources, if you keep doing this you encourage playing at single nodes instead of having fun on a variety of places, this already happened with the sibear, you made me grind fusion cores with a ton of other players that had been doing that and accidentally got full of cryotic, its a vicious circle, i hope the point is clear because i couldnt explain it better in 1 minute :V

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

I don't say this very often (in fact this might be the first time I've ever said it), but the desire for instant gratification is so high it's gone into orbit.

Cry me a river. I got normal vauban without even trying or even wanting, just did alerts when possible - literally it takes less than an hour to actually get all his parts, only you won't get them at once. While here you need to farm bs defense of all things, and then you need to farm bs oxium. I already spent several hours farming today and only got fragor's bp and vauban's bp, I'm mostly getting trash instead of those parts.

15 hours ago, DominicP343 said:

To address all of the points saying "You don't like it, just buy the Prime access! DE needs to eat too :^)", you are literally ignoring the fact that there is a window of time for the Prime access. 

They're also ignoring the fact we have to eat too. If some golden boys and girls can afford prime accesses each time that doesn't mean that all can do the same. 99% players playing this bs because technically it's a free to play game.