Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Over the same time period it took me to farm Vauban, I would have amassed far, FAR more materials than i would have needed for Vauban Prime, and just from playing normally (and not making an effort to farm).

I imagine most players already have a significant amount of Oxium already--that many already have the amount needed or more, or already have several thousand and are week on their way to hitting the mark. The exception to this would be newer players who do not have very good gear yet.

Idk, In like 500 hours I got like 5000 oxium? I mostly play void and grineer maps, If Its a Corpus sortie, It yields like 50 oxium for all 3 missions. 

36 minutes ago, Hazzlenut said:

What is the problem exactly? It can happen that you don't see a normal vauban blueprint alert for a month or more.

And here you are complaining about 14k opxium, that you can farm in a week or less if you put some effort in it. Seriously......?

Should just give it out for free then...

Not everyone has 4 hours a day to commit to this game. Sure, I wouldn't mind a week of dedicated play to get him, say 2-3 hours a day. But accounting for drops, the oxium and the Nitain, AND the extra 3.5 days to craft him, that's putting me somewhere around 3 weeks or more if all I do is farm Vauban. You don't think that's a bit ludicrous?

Remember all the feedback we provided about Sibear, and how they said they would look carefully at the future build requirements of new items?

I'm fortunate enough to have big piles of platinum and resources, both common and rare. These build requirements are not an issue for me, and yet I am still choosing to say that this it absolutely not acceptable.

5 minutes ago, rockscl said:

if you keep doing this you encourage playing at single nodes instead of having fun on a variety of places

This is 100% correct, and I don't see any end in sight to this trend of "loot cave-only" star chart gameplay. DE are taking steps backwards in the quality of their design, and (bizzarrely) are being rewarded for it. That's the only conclusion I can draw, because they haven't stopped doing this stuff.

Edited by notlamprey
grammar is hard.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Right back to you.
Just play the game. Farming Oxium is easy.

Nothing "easy" about it, but don't care anymore, I have 5k of it (all that's left after building everything else that required it for the moment, playing >1000 hours). Getting to 7 will be significantly easier than getting to 14.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

I kept joking that the next giant resource dump after 30,000 cryotic was going to be either 50 nitain or 5000 oxium.  Looks like it's worse than I ever imagined.  Nitain won't matter sinc I have more than 20 stocked up, but I've never had more than 2000 oxium at any point in this game.  The grind is real.

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Requirements are too High?!

Do you know how good we have it? How much easier it is to build Vauban Prime compared to the normal frame?

You're not at the mercy of RNG alerts that might give you a Vauban part (and not necessarily the one you need) once a month or less.

I don't say this very often (in fact this might be the first time I've ever said it), but the desire for instant gratification is so high it's gone into orbit.

What would have made Vauban Prime's requirements "too high" is if he required built components from the normal frame... You know the one, the alert only frame? That would have been too high. How he is currently though is definitely not too high.

Stop.

Sometimes, it's okay to admit that people make mistakes. You don't have to defend every single thing this company does.

15 minutes ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

I got normal Vauban and I say Its easier. It takes longer period of time, but You farm much less for It. I want Vauban Prime fast for sure, not in months, but for regular Vauban You dont farm hours and hours, so yeh. 

TL:DR 

Vauban Prime takes more time from your life then regualr Vauban, despite the fact that It takes longer time of period to get the normal Vauban, You dont grind your &#! into headache with that.

This.

Vauban is easy to obtain. Three alerts? Count me in. Oh, they only come once in a while? No biggie, I'll just check up on the alerts, and hop on when they're there.

Vauban prime is hard to grind. Get the prime parts from RNG void missions, four in total, and they're all thrown in a pool of other drops, possibly even taking quite a while to even get a chance at getting a part. Ok, so I have that. Now I need to get the materials. Alloy? No problem, a bit tired from the void missions, that's a relief. Argon? Already have it, thanks void missions. Nitain? 20? Well, now there's a bit of a problem there, i haven't quite got enough, I guess I need to farm it for the next few days or weeks. But still faster than Vauban. Now we need oxium. Maybe get a resource booster, farm for a few hours. Ok, so we're finally here. Nearly burnt out on grinding. That's not fun, is it? Well, instead of doing that how about we just spread it out over a month or so? Better idea, do that, and now, we're finally done. But was it enjoyable? Not really, but it was okay.

But was it worth it?

That's a big problem, actually, why would they waste such a big grind on just one frame? Could've been put onto something much more grand, then it would feel worth it.

Just because something takes longer to get doesn't mean it makes it harder. Just makes it less convenient, which is tolerable if the effort put into it is minimal.

2 minutes ago, Discodeine said:

Stop.

Sometimes, it's okay to admit that people make mistakes. You don't have to defend every single thing this company does.

This also.

Please. At least be civil about it. Don't just say "It's justified" and get all passive-aggressive about it when there's a conflicting statement.

Edited by Arceus255

1 minute ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

And a prime is just luxury. It kinda makes sense don't you think?

Well, compare to the other primes. If this is luxury then all the other prime warframes are just trash. Its okay to need a bit more craftin materials, but the original 14k oxium was just ridicolous. Its easy to farm oxium, yeh sure. Its well enough to farm out the C rotations, the challange in getting a prime warframe was always getting the parts and not the crafting, with vauban, Its both and You only should have 1 big challange and I think 10 hours is well enough for a prime warframe farm, Its prob even much counting that not everyone is mr 21 and there are many primes and even non prime thing which needs to be leveled. Obtaining one item, be it luxury or not shouldnt take so much time even with RNG. I love It better, when I feel I grind quantity in Warframe and not 1 item, while in quality It may not be different. I swear It will be 10 or more hours for me to get the 2 C rotations and I have others things to deal with and well, oxium is gonna take a hour or more too. 7k oxium will be okay, but 14k would have been too much. 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno!

We are adjusting Vauban Prime’s Chassis Oxium requirement from 14,000 to 7,000. We’re hoping that in halving the requirements you’ll have an easier time crafting our friendly neighborhood engineer.

As always thank you for voicing your concerns!

At least we can farm for the Oxium. The nitain, though? Gonna be another week or two before I see enough alerts to get the nitain.

You made it easier by reducing the Oxium cost, but there is no difficulty to waiting for alerts. This is a bit silly.

Edited by CoRRh

6 minutes ago, Jerakl said:

As poster above said, they reduced it to 7K. Which is very agreeable IMO.

How in the world is that agreeable? It's twice what the Grattler costs which is far and away the most expensive Oxium item, and the Grattlers price is justified by the fact that it is the only Archwing gun that doesn't require you to farm the parts to assemble it.

3 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

This.

Vauban is easy to obtain. Three alerts? Count me in. Oh, they only come once in a while? No biggie, I'll just check up on the alerts, and hop on when they're there.

Vauban prime is hard to grind. Get the prime parts from RNG void missions, four in total, and they're all thrown in a pool of other drops, possibly even taking quite a while to even get a chance at getting a part. Ok, so I have that. Now I need to get the materials. Alloy? No problem, a bit tired from the void missions, that's a relief. Argon? Already have it, thanks void missions. Nitain? 20? Well, now there's a bit of a problem there, i haven't quite got enough, I guess I need to farm it for the next few days or weeks. But still faster than Vauban. Now we need oxium. Maybe get a resource booster, farm for a few hours. Ok, so we're finally here. Nearly burnt out on grinding. That's not fun, is it? Well, instead of doing that how about we just spread it out over a month or so? Better idea, do that, and now, we're finally done. But was it enjoyable? Not really, but it was okay.

But was it worth it?

That's a big problem, actually, why would they waste such a big grind on just one frame? Could've been put onto something much more grand, then it would feel worth it.

Just because something takes longer to get doesn't mean it makes it harder. Just makes it less convenient, which is tolerable if the effort put into it is minimal.

This also.

Please. At least be civil about it. Don't just say "It's justified" and get all passive-aggressive about it when there's a conflicting statement.

Yeh, one sure gets Vauban slower then Prime, but Does He need more effort? Hah, not even 1/10. 

i get the normal Vauban when i was MR 6-8 .. in less then a week just watching the alerts on my phone, if they are putting an absurd cost at least make it for something that can be farmed and we have a lot of ... i preffer 1mill aloy plates or 2k control modules than that 7k oxium 

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Requirements are too High?!

Do you know how good we have it? How much easier it is to build Vauban Prime compared to the normal frame?

You're not at the mercy of RNG alerts that might give you a Vauban part (and not necessarily the one you need) once a month or less.

I don't say this very often (in fact this might be the first time I've ever said it), but the desire for instant gratification is so high it's gone into orbit.

What would have made Vauban Prime's requirements "too high" is if he required built components from the normal frame... You know the one, the alert only frame? That would have been too high. How he is currently though is definitely not too high.

Yeah I don't know if we play the same game. The only way for me to have a pile of Nitain is to be playing 24/7. I play maybe 30 minutes a day atm and I have I think 6 nitain? I spent another 10 I'd been saving up for months on 2 alt helmets. I can understand 5 Nitain total across the board, but for every single part and the blueprint itself?

Dislodge your head.