The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updated: Saryn Solo T3S 2h29min [With Naramon, don't click in if you hate shadow step]

YANJIUDING

6 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

And then what? We go back to melee being next to completely unviable for a large fraction of the Warframes?

If melee itself manages to wipe lvl 110-120 mobs, then it is absolutely viable 

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

If melee itself manages to wipe lvl 110-120 mobs, then it is viable 

To be honest, we still have blood rush and body count...

Nevermind. Misunderstood you.

Edited by YANJIUDING

5 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

I doubt it can kill fast enough to keep up with the LS. My Ash stops around 1 hour using only blade storm.

Strange, really. I did 1:30 with Wukong easily with almost no ability use (I only Cloudwalked Eximuses).

46 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

You just don't....

This is my new personal record. I was thinking of going as high as possible, until I got the new prime parts or I got killed and lost all my rewards. Could have gone even higher if I didn't use up all my revives accidentally. Saryn really has incredible scaling potential...

xfRtBkf.jpg

aVz2GmD.jpg

QGLAkET.jpg

XMOt4JZ.jpg

ZCUDHUV.jpg

The moment i saw Shadow step i typed this, and left this Forum thread..

2 minutes ago, tutzdes said:

Strange, really. I did 1:30 with Wukong easily with almost no ability use (I only Cloudwalked Eximuses).

That was my record one year ago when covert lethality wasn't a thing. I mean after a certain point Ash kinda need to finish everything using finisher because blade storm is too slow, and if that can keep up with his LS then he will be able to stay to forever. I'm not sure if that's the case.

12 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

And then what? We go back to melee being next to completely unviable for a large fraction of the Warframes?

I mean, I just got back from a solo 81 minute T3S with Chroma and Fragor Prime...all about using the right frame for melee. Don't go into a solo survival with Banshee and expect to do well with melee (unless you're Quitette Shy).

7 minutes ago, NightElve said:

Actually I've already discussed this with another guy above. "Shadow step op plz nerf" yeah completely agree with you, but that's not what I want to show...

7 minutes ago, NightElve said:

I think the OP's point is that most other frames could not make it that far even with shadow step because they would no longer be able to kill anything without something like Covert Lethality.  For example: a Loki with any build would not be able to last this long since he would not be able to kill things fast enough.

Just now, YANJIUDING said:

Actually I've already discussed this with another guy above. "Shadow step op plz nerf" yeah completely agree with you, but that's not what I want to show...

shadow step is very much OK, i actually thought it was an actual pure Saryn solo survival, and i was curious, just to realise it was Naramon, title would be better with Naramon solo survival.

31 minutes ago, Ziegrif said:

I was expecting pictures.

Atterax included. I'm more interested in that.

Your Furis was probably a Winds Furis so that doesn't matter that much.

The atterax is just a normal atterax, and Saryn is really just a normal Draco Saryn with quick thinking.  I'm not 100% sure about this but what actually worked was probably the mutalist cernos. That toxic cloud with innate toxin proc and constant aoe kinda made all those toxin procs resonating from enemy to enemy and become stronger overtime, until everything in sight just suddenly died out.

2 minutes ago, NightElve said:

shadow step is very much OK, i actually thought it was an actual pure Saryn solo survival, and i was curious, just to realise it was Naramon, title would be better with Naramon solo survival.

Thanks for the reminder I'm going to change the title. Although that might make this thread less popular : (

17 minutes ago, NightElve said:

i actually thought it was an actual pure Saryn solo survival, and i was curious, just to realise it was Naramon, title would be better with Naramon solo survival.

Not likely anytime soon.

For Saryn to perform relatively well without Naramon/Covert Lethality she needs the other three team mates to set things up for her (CC/debuff enemies, buff Saryn). 

That is to say, she wasn't exactly survival/defense record setting material pre-rework. She just went from a really good low-mid tier AoE spammer to mediocre, gimmicky frame that is hardly ever used. Still, kudos to TS for at least trying to make Saryn look good. She still needs a re-rework, though. 

Edited by Reifnir

7 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Not likely anytime soon.

For Saryn to perform relatively well without Naramon/Covert Lethality she needs the other three team mates to set things up for her (CC/debuff enemies, buff Saryn). 

That is to say, she wasn't exactly survival/defense record setting material pre-rework. She just went from a really good low-mid tier AoE spammer to mediocre, gimmicky frame that is hardly ever used. Still, kudos to TS for at least trying to make Saryn look good. She still needs a re-rework, though. 

Actually I fell her role as low-mid tier AoE spammer has been improved a lot since the rework. She's on the top list -- if not only one -- suitable for that role requiring least teammate supports, not even EV.

Never bring the old miasma back, never...

47 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

This really isnt the way to increase melee viability. Its a cheap bandaid. And I agree, melee and naramon needs further work before this crutch is taken way.

1 hour ago, Lord_Azrael said:

If you allow Shadow Step then this is possible with mirage and a slash / status melee such as lesion or dual kamas prime or prisma dual cleavers. It isn't that hard to do once you understand how to make use of the blinded damage multiplier for slash and gas procs.

But It's great to see saryn used at such high levels. care to post your build and how you were achieving kills at that level? 

1 hour ago, Ziegrif said:

I was expecting pictures.

Atterax included. I'm more interested in that.

Your Furis was probably a Winds Furis so that doesn't matter that much.

xyyf8oZ.jpg

0nvc6JN.jpg

7PaUsFe.jpg

Pretty much exactly the same thing I use to farm daily focus on Draco. Glad they still work on a much higher level content. But I'm still not 100% sure about what's the mechanic behind that, just a guess about resonating toxin procs.

I think you'd have gone way longer with a Lacera.

I know it sounds strange, but a 100% status build with Corrosive on is, with Saryn, just positively melts anything. The fact is, removing armour that fast is really underrated. And if youo manage to get a stack of Berserker going early on, you can keep it up (and Shadow Step as well) due to how many multi-hits you can do once the level starts to go up and the rooms start to fill.

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I think you'd have gone way longer with a Lacera.

I know it sounds strange, but a 100% status build with Corrosive on is, with Saryn, just positively melts anything. The fact is, removing armour that fast is really underrated. And if youo manage to get a stack of Berserker going early on, you can keep it up (and Shadow Step as well) due to how many multi-hits you can do once the level starts to go up and the rooms start to fill.

I'm actually using mutalist cernos to do the same thing, while atterax has a higher range and is bloody-rush viable. But thanks for the advice.

59 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

hahahahaha-no. Melee has never been "next to completely unviable" for ANY frame. We are NOT meant to go past level 100-120 enemies. We're just not. Even in special tac alerts they don't go past that. The point of the "endless" in endless mission types is TO KILL US. It's to make us LEAVE. We are not MEANT to be able to handle that stuff unless we try REALLY hard. Sadly stuff like Tonkor is OP and blows even higher level enemies away. Sadly stuff like naramon shadow step exists to remove LITERALLY ALL CHALLENGE from the game. The devs KNOW this stuff is broken. They are going to fix it at one point or another, and as usual people like you will throw a tantrum because you can't cheese the game anymore.

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

You'd have to check if the increased combo multiplier makes a difference in the long run then i guess.

Not that much I think. The combo multiplier needs enormous amount of hits to increase after 3.5x, and it sometimes drops off.

4 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Even in special tac alerts they don't go past that.

Just as an aside a few endless Tac alerts have gone way past lvl 100 and into the stratosphere.

For example Breeding Grounds went above 10k enemy levels IIRC. (Like so)

Edited by Ziegrif

3 hours ago, YANJIUDING said:

xyyf8oZ.jpg

0nvc6JN.jpg

7PaUsFe.jpg

Pretty much exactly the same thing I use to farm daily focus on Draco. Glad they still work on a much higher level content. But I'm still not 100% sure about what's the mechanic behind that, just a guess about resonating toxin procs.

I'm curious as to how often you cast abilities and in what way for you to not have energy problems at 45% efficiency.

Did you only use spore on molt or enemies?

I think contaigion and miasma are out of the question?