[DE]Rebecca

TennoCon 2016 Announcements!

Why don't you sell a "digital ticket" which only has the swag ? I'm pretty sure you would get a lot more money to donate to charity from people who can't afford to fly to Canada but can afford a digital ticket.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sleepyzor said:

Why don't you sell a "digital ticket" which only has the swag ? I'm pretty sure you would get a lot more money to donate to charity from people who can't afford to fly to Canada but can afford a digital ticket.

This guy gets it! I need that syandana in my life. Digital tickets would be a great way to show your support and get the sweet, sweet swag. DE, do you not like money? Plenty of us bought the Misa revisit already having the other Prime stuff. FeelsBadMan I guess I'll just stare at that syandana through a rainy window. 

• Upvote 4

The hype is real. One of my best friends bought me a ticket for my birthday, the day they announced the event. Luckily for me, I can just drive across the border. Still a 4 hour drive but.... totally worth it.

• Upvote 1

@[DE]Rebecca why not introduce "Digital Ticket" - entitled to watch streams/etc, adding to the charity and giving Digital Swag to all the other players who cannot attend.

Not only you add more money to the charity, but this way you do not alienate (probably lots of) players who would love to attend or would love to get that swag pack but it is just not possible for them right now.

Please don't bar players from nice game additions. More options, fewer limits.
ie. Light Swag: "syandana + sigil - plat", or give it to all the ticket sales, not just attending ones.

edit: looks like more people had this idea, not just me, only proves a point

Edited by SHADOW.XIII
  • Upvote 5

What the hell!?!?! I paid for a ticket in advanced to get this "digital swag" and now you're going to announce you must attend the event to receive it???  I checked on this very thing and it was stated only physical items required attendance. They even noted my PC account name when purchasing the ticket. Not cool at all DE. Not cool...

Edited by -Theritor-
  • Upvote 2

I'm living in Belarus, and have one question - to visit Canada i should do visa, is ticket a basis to get travel visa? i mean touristic and for one visit ofc 

if yes - i'll buy this ticket ofc, but if not - it's wery bad for me... but i wanna visit this event wery much...  

Edited by Ari0ch

Anyone know where I can find information on this event pertaining to photography equipment allowed? I'm a student living in London who does photography as a hobby and loves the game. Some events restrict lens length allowed into venues as well as tri/monopods. I was wondering if there was any information regarding this! 

I explicitly looked for "virtual ticket(s)" related posts and I am glad the search function yelded the results I was hoping for.
A virtual ticket is a must have for this event, not only justified by the fact that there would be digital swag, not only for the lovely charity concept, mainly because there will be an actual devstream which will probably air on Twitch.
So I am surely supporting the "Digital Ticket" / "Virtual Ticket" idea. It works for other games/MMOs and I can't see a single reason why it wouldn't work for Warframe.

• Upvote 1

an idea could be to instead of buying a ticket, donate a certain amount to the charity for the digital swag ? it's for the charity DE :)

Ughhh I'm so intensely bummed that TennoCon is happening on the other side of the planet, so many people who also love the game are gonna get to have all the fun, there are awesome looking in game things you have to be present IRL to get.. LIFE IS UNFAIR. :( :( :( Not enough sad faces can convey my level of sadness.

Edit: I am in full support for the virtual ticket idea. At least then I could have the cool swag and cling to it while I cry over not being able to physically be there. :C

Edited by Star

$25 may get you some real exclusive loot? but prime access "exclusive" loot is just rotated back in and cost much more...

Can we get some solid information on if this digital swag will be available to the folks who don't go?

Is it to london or canada im confused???? and the 100k Plat Prize Got me like  

And it will be a full day and how many people can go in with 1 ticket for example we say im 14 and i cant go in cause of the terms but they said i can go in if the guardian of mine is with me does one ticket count with me and the guardian?

omfg

But i wont get it :/ xD 

Edited by NinjaStylishNoobStalker
Cause i forgot to put down more
  • Upvote 1

If a virtual ticket is offered to non attending Tenno I will be soooo pissed this is finally the time to get leverage on people that have been in beta and have exclusive items

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, Clem2-TheClemening said:

There are people who haven't got their tickets yet? They've been available for ages.

I just found out about tennocon like a week ago.  you know that in-game news board would of been nice to see it there would of gave me time to try to get a week off get a passport ready etc..  I am not upset though just won't be able to go.  glad its for charity and I wont be missing a whole lot looks like cosmetics as reward for going.  does stink I will miss out on the physical fun of being there though.   better heads up in the future would be nice though.

My wife and I are less than 10 days in WF (I know, I know, why did it take us 3 years to find this game?!?), and we're hooked.  In fact, at only 4 days in, we decided to buy tickets to Tennocon, living only 2.5 hours from London, ON.  We don't know a lot about the community yet, but we do look forward to seeing what there is to see.  We're making it a mini-vacation weekend, and booked a hotel in London.  Can't wait!

As for the vocal folks who want a digital swag pack, I would feel a little cheated if it gave the same goodies as us having to show up at Tennocon.  My suggestion would be to have a Digital Swag Bag that has some unique swag, which any registered WF player can purchase.  Good for the player base, great for the charity.  However, the people who attend in person should get the Digital Swag Bag, PLUS unique swag for attending.  IMO, of course.

In any case, we're looking forward to attending.  We realize we probably don't represent the demographics of the typical WF player (both in our mid-40's), but we still hope to meet some new people, perhaps some of the devs, etc.  Hope to see some of you there!

• Upvote 1

DE please give us a digital ticket with the exclusives. I want to attend but don't have 2k dollars to fly. At least this way those who cant physically attend could still put money towards charity and get to see the fun that will be Tennocon.

• Upvote 1

Ypu should make a digital ticket, like Blizzard did. I mean I cannot participate due to work and the distance.

But digita tickets would still support the event, aswell as give you the digital rewards.

Okay I can see I wasn't the only one hoping for this :D

Edited by (PS4)IsanjiYoo
Other suggested the same thing

5 hours ago, (PS4)IsanjiYoo said:

Ypu should make a digital ticket, like Blizzard did. I mean I cannot participate due to work and the distance.

But digita tickets would still support the event, aswell as give you the digital rewards.

Okay I can see I wasn't the only one hoping for this :D

It's 16 days away and I doubt they'll be introducing any other ticket variation. Any introduction of "digital tickets" is not happening this year. Maybe next year if TennoCon ends up being annual, maybe not.

@[DE]Rebecca

You guys could put up the TennoCon Exclusives as a bundle for sale along with the TennoGen content. Sadly some people are half a planet away to attend the event but would still like to obtain these exclusives and show support for the game.

Im pretty sure the TennoCon will grow in time enough to pair up with other successful game conventions (BlizzCon for example). :3

On 22 June 2016 at 0:03 PM, LazerSkink said:

It's 16 days away and I doubt they'll be introducing any other ticket variation. Any introduction of "digital tickets" is not happening this year. Maybe next year if TennoCon ends up being annual, maybe not.

Bet you are right, shame though :) I can afford the trip and all that, but it is interferring with work and privatelife..

Plus I am only a console tenno after all xD

Edited by (PS4)IsanjiYoo