Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)KrakenUnchained

T3 Survival 4hrs Longrun

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi silverthehedge,

If you are still experiencing this problem then could you try turning your PS4 off completely (not sleep mode) and then starting it back up again? You can do this by simply holding down the system's power button for about 10 seconds. Once you hear a beep and see the light on your PS4 turn red then you can switch it back on again.

Hey Dimitri, i did 4hrs T3 surv tonight and the frame drops was insane, if could help, a guy crashed at some point and when he back ingame he said the game was so more smoothy. guess the issue (we suffering from long time ago) is related to particle effects and all the infos about the loot from the ground, will happen a day you guys will give us an option to remove some graphical effects that especially during long missions are just annoying for the eyes and kills the game performances?

 

This is the video, he crashes around 3 hrs and 22 mins and you can clearly hear hes thoughts about what happened (you can clearly see as well how my FPS lower a really lot time passing, basically we extracted just to save our eyes lol)

 Im begging you guys, the PS4 simply cant handle all this graphical effects, particle effects, loot on the ground and so on, even the health\energy orbs that keep moving may cause huge issues, according to the link below noggle statues movements issues already been addressed, my thought is that we experiencing the same with the loot on the ground. At the moment the game is just too heavy weight for the PS4 hardware, we need a bandaid for that as soon as possible

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@(PS4)KrakenUnchained I've gone ahead and created a new thread using your post from the noggle topic as this is a different problem that we'd like to address separately. We are currently working to reproduce the framerate issues you saw in T3 Survival and hope to have more information soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

@(PS4)KrakenUnchained I've gone ahead and created a new thread using your post from the noggle topic as this is a different problem that we'd like to address separately. We are currently working to reproduce the framerate issues you saw in T3 Survival and hope to have more information soon.

Ty for help guys, as i said an option to remove a few graphical effects on PS4 wont hurt for sure, hopefully you will consider this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2016 at 11:43 AM, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Ty for help guys, as i said an option to remove a few graphical effects on PS4 wont hurt for sure, hopefully you will consider this

We believe that your game is running poorly over time due to a problem with the engine, and not necessarily caused by graphical overload.
I just have a few questions regarding your video (as well as your overall experience with missions that go longer than 1 hour)

  • Does the game only run this poorly in Orokin missions?
  • Does the game only run this poorly in Survival missions?
  • Does the game run this poorly regardless of which Warframe you (or your party) is using?
  • Have you always experience performance like this? Did it start happening after a certain date? 
  • Had you suspended Warframe on your PS4 prior to this run? Or did this occur after launching Warframe with nothing else loaded? 

And lastly

  • Do you still experience the same level of poor performance as in your original video? If so, would it be possible to have you provide another video?

This is a high priority for us and we have been trying to reproduce it locally, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

We believe that your game is running poorly over time due to a problem with the engine, and not necessarily caused by graphical overload.
I just have a few questions regarding your video (as well as your overall experience with missions that go longer than 1 hour)

  • Does the game only run this poorly in Orokin missions?
  • Does the game only run this poorly in Survival missions?
  • Does the game run this poorly regardless of which Warframe you (or your party) is using?
  • Have you always experience performance like this? Did it start happening after a certain date? 
  • Had you suspended Warframe on your PS4 prior to this run? Or did this occur after launching Warframe with nothing else loaded? 

And lastly

  • Do you still experience the same level of poor performance as in your original video? If so, would it be possible to have you provide another video?

This is a high priority for us and we have been trying to reproduce it locally, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

  • Orokin missions are more affected from this kind of issues (imo just because the frames and the builds we used to bring in, no survability mods at all and all the mod slots are used to affect the powers)
  • Endless missions are more affected, you can clearly see that time passing the performances decrease
  • The frame doesnt matter that much, the builds does, frames with high DPS and so large range used to kill the game performances a really lot (Equinox maim, Ash bladestorm, Hydroid tentacles, Saryn spores and so on. Back in the days i crashed multiple times in Triton longruns using Mag with max range on, then i just removed that mod turning back using a regular range and it didnt happened anymore)
  • Im used to completely delete and reinstall Warframe any update DE release to avoid any kind of issue, i recently re-initialized my PS4 as well. As we enjoy the longruns i always try to keep my PS4 and my connection at best

If needed i could do that, as i said there are a lot of frames that kills the game performances and we just need to bring a couple ingame to experience what you just seen (or cause even a crash, maybe)

Thanks Dmitri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embers WOF and Nekros Shadows I've been running into these problems as well. Ember on T3/4 Sabs right before the portal when spawns are only from the portal and Nekros on T3/4 Survivals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Dmitri I'd just like to add that the performance has always been pretty poor on PS4 as far as I can remember but it feels like it got worse with the big graphical update that we got awhile ago. Aside from the issues Kraken has mentioned, there are some weapons that really cause problems as well. Mainly the Mutalist Cernos and Synoid Simulor. I have yet to test the Torid but I'm going to assume it suffers from the same problems as the Mutalist Cernos. These weapons are even more of an issue when combined with certain frames. A Saryn with high range, built for spores, with a Mutualist Cernos destroyed the the framerate in a T4 defence I was in. The other combo being Mirage and Synoid Simulor although Mirage has always caused issues with certain weapons so there isn't much else to say with regards to that. 

The performance on the Jordas Verdict raid is quite poor as well making it incredibly difficult to fly through the inside sometimes so maybe you could look into this as well. In addition, the PS4 fans are incredibly loud while sitting in the ship. Even louder than when I'm playing a mission which is odd considering I have no Noggles or anything like that in my ship. I remember few months back Rocket League suffered from the same issues with the fans being louder when just sitting at the main menu than playing in game before it got fixed. Don't know if it will help in finding the cause of the problem but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

You just need a video with an heavy FPS drop or you guys need a proper 4hrs and over longrun match?

Anything that you can provide to help us narrow down potential culprits. It doesn't necessarily need to be 4hrs, just when your game struggles to perform.

On another note: We were able to repro a very noticeable gradual decrease in performance when using Punch-through mod(s) on the Mutalist Cernos and we are currently working to fix this in a future PC/PS4/XB1 update. Until we get this fixed, we recommend removing any Punch-through mods on the Mutalist Cernos for long duration missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Anything that you can provide to help us narrow down potential culprits. It doesn't necessarily need to be 4hrs, just when your game struggles to perform.

On another note: We were able to repro a very noticeable gradual decrease in performance when using Punch-through mod(s) on the Mutalist Cernos and we are currently working to fix this in a future PC/PS4/XB1 update. Until we get this fixed, we recommend removing any Punch-through mods on the Mutalist Cernos for long duration missions.

Ok we ll do

4 hours ago, Leahzar said:

Is that Enemy level 2649 near the end..?

Enemies keep ranking up till 9.999 (10,099 if eximus) then they stop, not sure if their health keep going up or not after you reached that cap

Here you go if interested in see that rank

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Anything that you can provide to help us narrow down potential culprits. It doesn't necessarily need to be 4hrs, just when your game struggles to perform.

On another note: We were able to repro a very noticeable gradual decrease in performance when using Punch-through mod(s) on the Mutalist Cernos and we are currently working to fix this in a future PC/PS4/XB1 update. Until we get this fixed, we recommend removing any Punch-through mods on the Mutalist Cernos for long duration missions.

This is a T4 surv i played with 2 more guys few minutes ago, is not that longrun but still at mins 73, 74 and 78-80 you could clearly see what the range does to the game performances.

Of course the issue getting worse over time, so the big lag is from 78-80 mins, i was playing solo the last minutes, now try to imagine this, with 3 more people that spamming powers and crowd control like no tomorrow for 3-4 hours

 

if further tests are needed just let me know, this was a random match but i could setup a squad to drop the performances even more

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, just a quick followup -- In the next console update there will be a number of various fixes that should hopefully improve the performance of long duration missions. This includes improvements to certain weapons/mods as well as specific Warframe abilities across all platforms.

After you have updated to 18.13.X could you please let us know if you still happen to encounter this gradual decrease in performance? Once again, it would be very helpful to know which Warframes/Weapons were used. 

There is currently no ETA for this update however it has just been submitted for certification.
More info on the update can be found here:

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi everyone, just a quick followup -- In the next console update there will be a number of various fixes that should hopefully improve the performance of long duration missions. This includes improvements to certain weapons/mods as well as specific Warframe abilities across all platforms.

After you have updated to 18.13.X could you please let us know if you still happen to encounter this gradual decrease in performance? Once again, it would be very helpful to know which Warframes/Weapons were used. 

There is currently no ETA for this update however it has just been submitted for certification.
More info on the update can be found here:

Thanks.

Will do, if you prefer in private, otherwise updating this thread

 

Ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Will do, if you prefer in private, otherwise updating this thread

This thread is fine. That way if anyone else notices anything they can also contribute to the discussion. The more information we have the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night several vets and even a founder said to me that since the last update they feel like they have wasted their money and time on this game.

i said that's a bit harsh, but they insist on saying the game is no different to a PS3 game and that the ps4 version is if anything slightly worse in frame rate most of the time. We then continued to argue about the cell broadband chip vs the ps4 amd chip.

but they are adamant that this game looks like a PS3 game and even behaves like one.

is this distro of Warframe coded particularly for the ps4 to actually make use of its hardware or are you coding it for the PC and then converting it to the PS4, thus we get a never get an optimised version.

 

slilly question perhaps, but this evening we will be arguing over it again I'm sure so it would be nice to have something to say.

(and the fact that Sony has recently turned of two cores on the PS4 cannot have possibly helped)

 

kind regards

richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites