Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Prime vs Broken War

MKDLMR

Question

So, I'm running a Blood Rush Body Count melee build,  and I have a Nikana Prime with Blind Justice and a Broken War with Crimson Dervish; which do you think will be more effective? 

Using Excalibur btw. 

Thanks! 

21 answers to this question

Nikana Prime has higher base damage and 5% more crit. For a Rush Count build that would statistically be best because you'd get more red crits at a high enough combo. Unless you particularly like one's melee combos over the other probably go with Nikana Prime. (Also Nikanas have a 85% blocking mitigation vs 1h sword's 60%. Not sure if that matters to you but it's pretty significant.)

I have both Nikana Prime and Broken War.  One was used for mastery fodder.  The other is my main using the setup below:

7 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Nikana prime + blind justice + crit build + use the second combo (pause) = 5 crit proc of slash that'll deal true damage to your target.

In very high level, nikana prime is way above. In lower-mid level, I'd say they're both the same.

To me the Nikana P beats the Broken War in almost every category you can think of.  That also includes style points.  :D    The choice is ultimately yours.  I recommend which ever one you have the most fun with.  

22 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

I have a Nikana Prime with Blind Justice and a Broken War with Crimson Dervish; which do you think will be more effective? 

I'm going to go ahead and say that it is completely up to you.  Hit the simulacrum and test both weapons/stances and see which feels more natural to you.

Personally I use decisive judgement, blinding justice has weird arcs in the swings that make me miss most containers (isn't that was melee weapons are for?)

Keep in mind that swishswishswish mode doesn't take advantage of bloodrush/body count at all.

35 minutes ago, SodapopKevin said:

Nikana Prime has higher base damage and 5% more crit. For a Rush Count build that would statistically be best because you'd get more red crits at a high enough combo. Unless you particularly like one's melee combos over the other probably go with Nikana Prime. (Also Nikanas have a 85% blocking mitigation vs 1h sword's 60%. Not sure if that matters to you but it's pretty significant.)

Nikana Prime also has 2x crit multiplier vs Broken War's 1.5x and 20% status vs Broken War's 10%.

Which means that the Nikana will be pulling off ahead by both upfront damage (through higher base damage and better crit stats) and finisher damage (Bleed procs stack - only way you'll keep killing higher levels unless you can remove armour).

49 minutes ago, SodapopKevin said:

Huh, I didn't know about the block mitigation! Thanks! 

Just now, ashrah said:

broken war will still use more dmg cz crimson dereish give u 400% bonus dmf on eeee combo....

Crimson Dervish gives you a 300% damage increase, not 400%.

Blind Justice gives you an average 164% damage increase.

Nikana Prime is better.

Edited by Nachino

57 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You mean quick-melee when you still have your gun equipped? I thought it totally could use Body/Rush

No, swishswish is referring to Excal's Exalted Blade ability which is what most excal players use more oft then not, so if the OP is asking for a build to utilize that then stance doesn't matter at all, and most mods (bloodycount) don't work.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

No, swishswish is referring to Excal's Exalted Blade ability which is what most excal players use more oft then not, so if the OP is asking for a build to utilize that then stance doesn't matter at all, and most mods (bloodycount) don't work.

Nah, I'm going for a radial blind build and stacking surging dash with body count and blood rush. 

2 hours ago, MKDLMR said:

Nah, I'm going for a radial blind build and stacking surging dash with body count and blood rush. 

You should consider a Dagger+Covert Lethality with Radial Blind. You will one shot any enemy effected by it with a finisher (and the dagger finisher is REALLY fast).

54 minutes ago, SodapopKevin said:

You should consider a Dagger+Covert Lethality with Radial Blind. You will one shot any enemy effected by it with a finisher (and the dagger finisher is REALLY fast).

Can't say that I really like daggers. Also, daggers aren't really suited for the whole blood rush body count setup. 

Personally, I'd prefer using Tranquil Cleave with my Nikanas and Blind Justice's bad range is very uncomfortable to use.

As for which is better, if your able to have your Nikana Prime's damage modded to at least only 20% lower than Broken War, Nikana Prime's crit multiplayer will reach damages 30% higher than Broken War.

I support Team Nikana Prime. ^_^

Although I wish the blade didn't have that weird spike sticking out near its hilt...

Edited by Ace66062