Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where DE went wrong. Increasing grind /= more money!

tripletriple

3 minutes ago, InquisitorXav said:

Well that's the problem, she isn't supposed to do that, that's a more support-like job. Valkyr is a berserk, from the D&D point of view her histeria should buff her strength and survivibility, for a short amount of time. This translating to literally undying is weird to me but I don't know how to realy translate that ... 

I like to use my frames and play them the way I want ... what is this conformity nonsense.... ? everyone plays the game differently, as long as it works and completes the mission 

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

7 minutes ago, InquisitorXav said:

Seems like every Valkyr plays the same way tho 

Unfortunately you have learned something new...  I am an oddball minority... and oddball minorities always get trashed and flushed out of the picture by mob mentality.

I would be still playing now if things were not nerfed today...  now I am in the forums... and contemplating what else I can keep myself busy with to distract me from IRL depression and trivia. Depression about game on top of IRL depression is draining.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

The problem with the game is too low drop chance on voids with new prime stuff.

I remember the days when I wanted something. So I just went to Void and play some time after a week I got all what I needed. I was excited and I was playing more and more because I was getting new and new stuff.

Right now I just ignore the game I play it rarely, because I know that I'm not gonna get stuff that I want. I could try one, two and three times, but when I got nothing good, then there is nothing to do, I just get bored.

So why I should spend money on the game if I play it rarely?

Second issue is balance in game. Some warframes are OverPowered and playing with them is just boring after some time. The worst problems are weaker Warframes, I'm not even playing some weak Warframes like Banshee or Oberon on very high leveled mission, because I know that those Warframes even with their abilities will die in 1-3 shots that are almost not possible to dodge, because yes dodge all realy fast traveling bullets that group of enemies shot around 30 bullets per second.

I'm not using weak Warframes, and I'm bored of using OverPowered warframes that makes game easy, and I overplayed preety well balanced Warframes :/ so I have no frames to play.

For now I can just play some revisited warframes like Volt, Mag or Messa, but there is nothing to do in the game because of realy low % chance of new prime parts on voids :/.

For me the game right now is realy boring.

Right now I play some TROVE because there is a new GEM system and one tier higher item called Stellar that is realy hard to build you need huge amount of in game money (FLUX to buy PENTA from players or make PENTA yourself), with those gems my class is getting stronger and stronger. While In Warframe I just sit in one place, I can't make my Frost more powerfull. In Trove when I get enough stronger I can go to the new content enter Shadow world for example and get there some stuff I need to make STELAR items, or get Special Class gem that gives power similar to augment. There is actualy some interesting things to do. In Warframe there is only a grind with RNG, where I can play play and play for very long time and I dont even know if I will get it :/.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

Well if you don't mind a delay, then RNG shouldn't bother you. Keep trying and you'll get it eventually. Or grind something to sell and buy it from other players.

I can tolerate a few weeks. I can tolerate a month. Depending on how nice the item in question is.

HOWEVER.

If it takes three months to get one goddamned weapon then that is far too long. 

It took me THREE YEARS to get despair. 

Now tell me is that fair RNG? Is that even a remotely reasonable amount of time? 

RNG can work but when chances are that low to get an item then it is just beyond unfair. 

And dont even get me started on the nightmare of the market. People wont buy from me even though I sell 80 plat items for 10 plat or less. There is too much supply and not enough demand. 

Player's time does have a value and if DE nerfs the items players put their time into over and over again then they have made it obvious that they do not value the players invested time. This is why I am angry with DE. This is why many other people are angry.

RNG needs to be tempered with a system where you can trade in points (Ducats) for certain items that you need. Therefore even if you spend 20 missions in the void getting nothing that you need you can still trade in the parts you got to get the part you need. This was the system that DE lead us to believe was being implemented with Baro. Which they did not. 

4 hours ago, P0TAT0CANN0N said:

Tell me, if it takes a year to achieve something that would take one day to get by using money would that be pay to win?

No it still wouldn't be pay to win.  Your example was an over extreme case that would rarely happen in real life for various reasons.  If it took you a year to get something that was available at the time you started playing this game, then you might need to re-evaluate either your skill or priorities. 

8 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

I have been contemplating this for awhile now. I figure this is an appropriate place to put it. I don't think the issue is with the RNG or Crafting requirements. I think the issue is with the mindset of players. They all want it the second it comes out. Players who have the exact opposite mindset isn't bothered by RNG, because they know they'll get it eventually. I don't know why so many people are complaining about the resource cost tbh. I have millions and i am not exaggerating of the majority of the necessary resources. I have 70 nitain from doing the alerts that come everyday. 

"I've got it, I don't see what the problem is". That's an idiotic position to take. Can you imagine how much virulence you'd see if every time a topic came up about founders' gear, players would say "I've got excal prime, I don't see what you're complaining about".

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

"I've got it, I don't see what the problem is". That's an idiotic position to take. Can you imagine how much virulence you'd see if every time a topic came up about founders' gear, players would say "I've got excal prime, I don't see what you're complaining about".

idiotic? No people have absolutely no patience and that is why they are not happy. Everyone wants it here and now. I got prime access so what? I got it not because of the grind but because I wanted to support DE. There have been alert after alert for nitain. Most players have stockpiles of resources. If you ignored the alerts for nitain then that is your fault.

35 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

idiotic? No people have absolutely no patience and that is why they are not happy. Everyone wants it here and now. I got prime access so what? I got it not because of the grind but because I wanted to support DE. There have been alert after alert for nitain. Most players have stockpiles of resources. If you ignored the alerts for nitain then that is your fault.

Yes, it's totally my fault for ignoring the alertium alerts when I'm at work, or sleeping, or eating, or otherwise not watching one damn game 24/7 for one thing which is beyond my control to appear.

Just now, DoomFruit said:

Yes, it's totally my fault for ignoring the alertium alerts when I'm at work, or sleeping, or eating, or otherwise not watching one damn game 24/7 for one thing which is beyond my control to appear.

There are multiple alerts every day. You have had plenty of opportunities to get some.

1 minute ago, Eminem2420 said:

There are multiple alerts every day. You have had plenty of opportunities to get some.

Except that they aren't opportunities when I'm not there to get them. Which is the vast majority of the time.

On 5/29/2016 at 9:02 AM, Eminem2420 said:

And therein lies your flawed thinking.

DE knew that people would make that excuse for them. 

Say there are five alerts per day. One day is 24 hours. So every 4.8 hours there is an alert with what you need. A typical working day is 8~ hours not including transit time.

You have ONE chance to get that item and if it does not appear then too bad for you!

This is what DE knows but does not mention when they said they will increase the alert frequency. They increased it, but it really did nothing for many people. 

To get alertium effectively you need to be someone with too much time on their hands. 

1 hour ago, P0TAT0CANN0N said:

And therein lies your flawed thinking.

DE knew that people would make that excuse for them. 

Say there are five alerts per day. One day is 24 hours. So every 4.8 hours there is an alert with what you need. A typical working day is 8~ hours not including transit time.

You have ONE chance to get that item and if it does not appear then too bad for you!

This is what DE knows but does not mention when they said they will increase the alert frequency. They increased it, but it really did nothing for many people. 

To get alertium effectively you need to be someone with too much time on their hands. 

When you have days off you have plenty of opportunities. Even if you just grab one after work then they will add up. You just need patience.