The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you satisfied with Vauban changes?

Cloud

21 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

actually i would dislike that, i really like to switch fast between the arrows.

E.g.: shoot a noise arrow, while jumping to the side and switching further to the cloack arrow to hide would be a hazle in the speed difference.

i mean its not just once to spin to the one you want. Afterall there are 4 options, not just two. Try switching from noise to cloack or zipline, that takes ages if i had to hold while jumping around.

If you dislike it then don't enable the option.

It's that simple.

1 minute ago, GreyEnneract said:

If you dislike it then don't enable the option.

It's that simple.

well if there is a simple "switch mode" option, i wouldnt care, but you cant even remap it in the keybinding.... so i think if they were to change it , they would change it for all again.

at least i can pray for a mapping option, my keyboard has enough keys for all 7 skills, for example c and v and g and so on, all close and simple to press while playing...

4 hours ago, Kaokasalis said:

Sure its not a error on your part? Bastilie have a limit on the total amount of targets it can affect which depends on how much power strength you have.

No things will sometimes just ignore the whole effect and walk on through.

Im happy with the change to Bounce, i use Tripline a lot now but the other two new ones not so much.

Still feel his stats needed an adequate buff apart from that, his 1 needed some attention damage and proc wise because it's reasonably pathetic. Maybe his 1 should also have the variety his 2 has. That would really make him very diverse.

Edited by Naith

I can't say I am satisfied yet. The new mines are fun, but most of Vauban's flaws remain, and the fact that I have to hold 2 to throw a mine make direct hits harder to me. I wish there was an option to reverse the cycle/throw mechanic : hold to change your mines, tap to throw.

Tesla should have more CC capabilities if you ask me, it should be a steady beam to an enemy with a high electrical proc chance. I mean there are other tesla's in the game (Vor, that Executioner guy I forget his name.) And their tesla's are all single beams that kinda just latch onto you.

3 minutes ago, Rikov said:

Tesla should have more CC capabilities if you ask me, it should be a steady beam to an enemy with a high electrical proc chance. I mean there are other tesla's in the game (Vor, that Executioner guy I forget his name.) And their tesla's are all single beams that kinda just latch onto you.

you mean like a Nervos Mine ? would be funny if you could actually throw them instead of a Tesla ball. And propably way more effective..

He's still really weak to ranged attacks. Weaker than a defense-based frame should be imo.

Tesla isn't a bad skill imo... it's just really limited. This makes sense to a degree as vauban is a defense based frame. But the nature of indirect fire that Tesla represents and it's efficacy between enemy types can be improved by allowing the player to change the type of damage it does.

My ideas:

• Have Bounce deflect enemy ranged attacks.
  • Have Tesla be able to be tuned to do more than just electrical damage. (base it on power color or whatever) and Instead let tesla do combination status based on color. 

Done that way would give it access to: Electric, Radiation, Magnetic, or Corrosive status procs making it optimal for all enemy classes in the process.

Think what also bothered me was that DE felt Vauban was fine apart from his 2.

It felt as if they really didn't entirely understand what was wrong with him and were slightly out of touch yet again. Yeah, people complained about Bounce, but there were also valid complaints about his other skills but that's seemingly been swept under the carpet. If someone properly plays the Warframe past the typical level 20-30 range they'd see the flaws.

Edited by Naith

Tesla should be a 'toolbox' Ability as well.
or all 4 Abilities could be 'toolbox' Abiliities - i can only dream, but that's probably asking for too much.

there's still a lot of things Booben could be doing, to increase variety.

16 minutes ago, D20 said:

I wish there was an option to reverse the cycle/throw mechanic : hold to change your mines, tap to throw.

that sounds like a perfect reversing Switch to have in the Options menu.

Edited by taiiat

Vauban is kinda like Loki in my opinion. 

A heavily utility warframe with no damage/little 

But also one ability outshines the others but its not that thethat the other abilities are bad,  its just that one is better in most situations.

Personally, there's still a bit of work to do (just like Saryn). Minelayer just needs to include Tesla and be migrated to the first skill slot.

Secondly, his 2 skill should provide a turret like defense object, maybe an empty turret that frames can place either their secondaries or primaries into, which would be good for scaling and defending.

Bastille should be buffed in a way so it's not so overshadowed by pretty much every other CC in the game.

Edited by TheLocalHentai

Tried to play T4 sabotage with Vauban.

He's still garbage:

1) 1st skill does nothing. Literally nothing. 150 damage against Level 40 corrupted gunner? Awesome! Might as well bring Rank 0 lato. No electricity stuns, just damage and nothing else... And of course no scaling. Wow.

2) You have to hold the button to use 2nd skill which confuses me the heck out, not to mention a delay between pressing the button and casting ability

3) 3rd and 4th are still the only viable skills that do something. Using 1 and 2 is a waste of time and energy

4) He's still so squishy, i'm being oneshoted by corrupted crewmen with rank 10 redirection, vitality and vigor slaped on top. Quick thinking is the only reason why i didn't died a single time.

5) He still uses these stupid range-limited throw balls that i have no idea how to throw properly. Often slap them in places i didn't wanted to.

Verdict: i'd rather play Limbo.

Edited by Artek94

27 minutes ago, TheLocalHentai said:

Personally, there's still a bit of work to do (just like Saryn). Minelayer just needs to include Tesla and be migrated to the first skill slot.

Secondly, his 2 skill should provide a turret like defense object, maybe an empty turret that frames can place either their secondaries or primaries into, which would be good for scaling and defending.

Bastille should be buffed in a way so it's not so overshadowed by pretty much every other CC in the game.

Yes!!!! Please god we need this!!

No.

Bastille and Vortex still bugged
Tesla is still useless
3 new abilities with a mechanic that doesnt fit for his playstile
more unneccessary CC that wouldnt be needed if Bastille and Vortex would actually work
Flashbang that doesnt open for finishers
Tripwire that would perfectly fit for Testla Link and would make it finally useful
Nope, not satisfied

I particular believe that Vauban's ability kit deserve a bit more striking power. I know there is going to be the whole "BUT VAUBAN IS A CC WARFRAME" argument but hear me out.

This change to Vauban's Bounce into Minelayer is a nice step and Shred and Concuss has its place in Vauban plays, but I believe in the end nothing has really changed: Vauban plays will most likely result in Bastille & Vortex gameplays in the long run.

Telsa: Ok, so there is no change to it, but I'm certain there could be some sort of new mechanic to it that actually has a Tesla stun one enemy with continuous Electric Damage until the duration of that Tesla Orb is finished. If an enemy is killed by this Tesla, it will change its target to another within its AOE.

Bounce: I have no idea whatsoever why I would even consider using Bounce again with they way Parkour is now. I literally thought that we were rid of Bounce for good and getting something entirely different for a change, but we didn't. I actually feel this ability has to go for good as its purpose does little in the very long run.

Trip Wire: It is a fun gimmick, but has a few uses when it comes to enemies that can attack at a distance without even touching the wire. [A POSSIBLE CHANGE]: Add in an effect to Trip Wire that delays the time it takes for an enemy to get up. That or add in a Slash Damage trigger when an enemy trips on the wire.

Shred: A very useful gadget for Vauban, but there is something that bothers me: 40% armor reduction for 4 seconds that also ragdolls. I personally do not like the ragdoll effect especially if that ragdoll effect will simply make those 4 seconds of that armor reduction take the same time for an enemy to be in air or be landing somewhere else. I'd like to either make sure my moveset wouldn't screw with my party/group on the long run. [A POSSIBLE CHANGE]: INCREASE the duration of the Armor reduction so that it would be more meaningful to capitalize on that debuff.

Concussion: Seems fine, though I kinda imagine it would make enemies DEAF but that's just me.

Bastille: Vauban (even his Prime counterpart) is not the most durable Warframe to run around with, but I always imagined an ability like Bastille would also serve as some sort of defensive ability too. [A POSSIBLE CHANGE]: Perhaps add in some sort of % damage reduction to incoming enemy attacks when inside of the Bastille.

Vortex: Vortex has been one of my biggest concern. If I am going to CC, Vortex wouldn't be the tool to use. I would use Bastille in the long run since I actually have some control. Sure, Vortex pulls things onto one point and that is fine, but for a 4th ability it could use ALOT more work to consider using Vortex over Bastille. [A POSSIBLE CHANGE]: Perpetual Vortex exists and as a toll that summons a black hole it could be a bit more devastating. Perhaps add in a buff to Vortex that increases the damage Vortex does for each second it is on the field.

Hell no. More grenades? What the hell are you going to do with them? The tripping one is absolutely useless, pretty much no practical use in-game, concuss is okay-ish, shred... just.. why would I throw a grenade and waste my energy, and fumble with the keys when I can just shoot the enemy? I expected like stat changes and something more to make him more fun to play, instead we got more grenades that are poorly executed, not to mention how switching to them and using is just cumbersome and slow.

Edited by Meice

I think he needs a hard rework.  All of his abilities are variations of the same idea - area denial cc.  To me, he's in the same crappy position as Hydroid, but with the pro of slightly more fun and spammable abilities, and the con of not having Pilfering Swarm, Curative Undertow or Tidal Impunity available to him.

I think he needs four high energy cost, high impact abilities that let him lay down some serious area control (four flavors of turrets, four flavors of mine fields, etc.), and a passive that lets him turn ammo for weapon types he's not using in to small amounts of energy.  I'm talking abilities that are 50-150 in cost, but are very potent to compensate, and 3-5 energy per ammo pickup.

Mostly I'm just tired of his abilities being buggy, requiring a lot of spamming, feeling really weak unless you've stacked them up, and all feeling pretty samey yet frustratingly situational at the same time.

No.

tesla untouched. what

bounce still exists, but now bounces less distance. whaaaaat

other skills in minelayer are kind of redundant  because they are so outclassed by bastille and vortex

DE.

just...

what.....

Edited by hukurokuju5