The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs a bulletin board for fun and things like that.

Alemonzero

6 hours ago, TheScytale said:

The reason why is because when you buy an item once, it's yours for life. You only need 1 copy of each warframe, mod, or weapon. That means whenever you get a duplicate of those, the only way to get rid of them is trade. Which leads to ALL the duplicates of the playerbase being dumped in that one huge list. That will inevitably create a chain of lowered prices, one player after the other, until the prices sink to 1p. If you played Diablo 3, you'd know what it means. If not, the same thing I described happened in there when they introduced this board, with the easy-medium items sinking to minimal price, and hard items skyrocketting  (vultures buying the cheapest item and selling it for more), creating an abysmal price gap that leads to even more farming for plat than before if you desired that good item. It's not just a prediction, it happened.

There's also another factor: It's a free market. It means the items don't have any set price whatsoever. Take Argon Scope as an example. In the period between the end of Shadow Debt and the release of Dex Sybaris, the demand for it was so low that I considered myself lucky to sell it for 150p. Now it's 350p. Imagine someone being busy IRL with their mod on sale for 90p, and vultures buying it and selling it for 350p. Shifting prices and bulletin board don't make a good match.

Crashing the market doesn't mean stop trading, it's the chaos I described earlier in this post.
I've always advised newbies that offered a lot of plat for a cheap item to offer less, and sometimes even gave it to them. You probably ran into some scammers, like everyone has, but don't generalize it to everyone. Not all traders are vultures.
Lower prices and "more efficiency" means that a meager amount of plat would be enough to buy everything you'll need. It means that the market (in-game market, not trading between players) will be the only plat sink, making the people who buy plat only buy it periodically for new deluxe skins and cosmetics. Which in turn, means less money for DE.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for warframe.market being online for a while and having 2500 players online right now. I'm wouldn't sell my vauban Chassis or system for 1p even I was crazy. Why? because it took me 8 fuc**** hours of my life to get it. And even if it was easy to acquire (like we haven't the junk prime already...) or if you are luck enough to get at the first run, there is also the Prime Sink (Baro Ki'Teer), or why do you think DE created him at first place?

I mean, there are many ways to avoid this huge price's depreciation you told, like simple by increasing ducats price for Baro's items (and bringing NEW and USEFULL things). I have bought more than 20000 plat from DE already, and I refused to use Trade Chat whenever as possible, except when I was looking for Chorus Arcane Helmet and all offers on warframe.market were too expensive. (contradicting what you said).

I didn't play Diablo for PC, but I did play games with an Auction House system (similarly, one game had a trade chat just like WF before implementing it) and were few offers outside the regular price. You know what game it was? TIBIA, a 2D game almost 20 years OLD!

Spoiler

time-equals-money.jpg

Edited by -GV--Mazzuco

48 minutes ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

I would agree with you if it wasn't for warframe.market being online for a while and having 2500 players online right now. I'm wouldn't sell my vauban Chassis or system for 1p even I was crazy. Why? because it took me 8 fuc**** hours of my life to get it. And even if it was easy to acquire (like we haven't the junk prime already...) or if you are luck enough to get at the first run, there is also the Prime Sink (Baro Ki'Teer), or why do you think DE created him at first place?

warframe.market isn't known by everyone, which is probably why this thread exists. And I was not talking about Vauban Prime. I was talking about Burston, Braton, (Ak)Bronco, and all those "useless" unpopular primes that nobody buys. Even stuff like Lex Prime or previously Paris Prime, which are popular but still very common and easy to acquire. Nobody would play to get those, they'll just buy them for 10p at most. Your Vauban however would be bought by those mean monopolizers and sold for higher, if you're selling it for cheap. Go on, look at warframe.market and tell me it's not happening already.

48 minutes ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

(contradicting what you said).

7 hours ago, TheScytale said:

the easy-medium items sinking to minimal price, and hard items skyrocketting 

49 minutes ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

And even if it was easy to acquire (like we haven't the junk prime already...) or if you are luck enough to get at the first run, there is also the Prime Sink (Baro Ki'Teer), or why do you think DE created him at first place?

What about mods? What about arcanes? What about syndicate or even PRISMA weapons from Baro himself? What about prime sets like Braton?(I wouldn't bring myself to sell a prime set for ducats, even if it's not that hard to get.)

The only possible way to not destroying the in-game economy while implementing the auction house, is probably making it refresh every 30 minutes or so, to keep offline offers from it, and give every player a limited amount of things to sell, so as not to flood the list with countless serrations for example.
But this idea would instead destroy the actual gameplay. People would just sit there scanning the list, looking for the "best deals", the best items to sell and their prices.

5 hours ago, TheScytale said:

warframe.market isn't known by everyone, which is probably why this thread exists. And I was not talking about Vauban Prime. I was talking about Burston, Braton, (Ak)Bronco, and all those "useless" unpopular primes that nobody buys. Even stuff like Lex Prime or previously Paris Prime, which are popular but still very common and easy to acquire. Nobody would play to get those, they'll just buy them for 10p at most. Your Vauban however would be bought by those mean monopolizers and sold for higher, if you're selling it for cheap. Go on, look at warframe.market and tell me it's not happening already.

I know it isn't known by everyone, but considering that some months ago there were at max 300 players online at the same time, It's not wrong to assume that an Auction House wouldn't behave similiar to it. I only used Vauban Prime Parts as a example for hard drops.

All those "useless" unpopular primes would cost near to 1p because it's already the price right now, if you type WTB junk prime at trade chat it's almost for sure you will receive one. 90% of all Lex Prime Set offers (902 offers) are between 19-23p and if you wanna consider only online players (116 offers), almost 90% are between 13-21p. I, personally, wouldn't pay for this even I was a new players (and I didn't), I would save plat for parts hard to get or stuff removed from the game. I remember buying Frost P, Dakra P...

I just sold one Vauban Chassis for 200p so I could buy Systems for 180p, all via trade chat since warframe.market prices were higher (due demand). If you can afford a higher Price, better for DE, since the only way to "create" platinum is buying it from them, and that's what keep the game online for us and F2P. 

What about mods? What about arcanes? What about syndicate or even PRISMA weapons from Baro himself? What about prime sets like Braton?(I wouldn't bring myself to sell a prime set for ducats, even if it's not that hard to get.)

Sorry, I didn't get your point here. Mods and Arcanes? I didn't buy an extra Primed Flow this time because it would be very hard to sell at this point.

Wouldn't you sell a set for ducats? So, you refuse to sell a Burston Prime Set which is about 14p worth and grants 80 ducats, resulting in a 5.71 ducat/plat but you would exchange a Nyx Prime BP (5.56 ducat/plat) for ducats? Well, it's up to you, I only want say that some stuff are really easy to get and may not be worth selling even if you have the whole set.

The only possible way to not destroying the in-game economy while implementing the auction house, is probably making it refresh every 30 minutes or so, to keep offline offers from it, and give every player a limited amount of things to sell, so as not to flood the list with countless serrations for example.
But this idea would instead destroy the actual gameplay. People would just sit there scanning the list, looking for the "best deals", the best items to sell and their prices.

I see your point here with the 30 minutes refresh idea, but after analyzing prices at market I think it would only help for stuff removed from the game, since obtainable content's price tends to drop in over time. Weekly refresh would fit better in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Nijyumensou said:

No matter how relevant or how correct you sound, what this support group will refer you as"the greedy seller who wants to monopolies the Trade with his overpriced item".trust me,talking sense to them will turn out fruitless

If you play games like WoW and a certain player literally monopolizes the server's market -- and nastily so -- those ideas are not far fetched.

BUT games like Warframe that don't allow third part addons/mods, players can't shop for deals well. The result is the mess of v-e-r-y high priced gear that people who are used to the WoW AH system and EvE's extensive market (with it's tools to search and categorize).

Systems like a bulletin board just doesn't hack it.

Warframe market is the closest thing I have to any of the popular AH addons, but it's no way as extensive to track trends and extrapolate a fair market value. It's not even this in comparison...

https://theunderminejournal.com/

That's not even the addons that link to it to customize your "day trading".

So buying/selling in Warframe is v-e-r-y limited and very ... weird ... coming from WoW or EvE. Not enough tools. Not enough information (and markets are ABOUT information).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

1 hour ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

If you play games like WoW and a certain player literally monopolizes the server's market -- and nastily so -- those ideas are not far fetched.

BUT games like Warframe that don't allow third part addons/mods, players can't shop for deals well. The result is the mess of v-e-r-y high priced gear that people who are used to the WoW AH system and EvE's extensive market (with it's tools to search and categorize).

Systems like a bulletin board just doesn't hack it.

Warframe market is the closest thing I have to any of the popular AH addons, but it's no way as extensive to track trends and extrapolate a fair market value. It's not even this in comparison...

https://theunderminejournal.com/

That's not even the addons that link to it to customize your "day trading".

So buying/selling in Warframe is v-e-r-y limited and very ... weird ... coming from WoW or EvE. Not enough tools. Not enough information (and markets are ABOUT information).

There is no fair or fixed price here and pricing on wfmarket are mostly outdated. If you can't adapt to the free market ideology , don't do trading here. Farm it all out and leave trade chat alone. 

15 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

There is no fair or fixed price here and pricing on wfmarket are mostly outdated. If you can't adapt to the free market ideology , don't do trading here. Farm it all out and leave trade chat alone. 

lololol

Oh, there is fair market pricing anywhere, that's the nature of capitalism: Buy low, sell high. Not pay 450p for an Arcane helm! Even the game warns you to not be a sucker trading for the given price. ;)

6 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

lololol

Oh, there is fair market pricing anywhere, that's the nature of capitalism: Buy low, sell high. Not pay 450p for an Arcane helm! Even the game warns you to not be a sucker trading for the given price. ;)

If you think Warframe has any fair price, look at the Trade Chat :).It's free market which is why there are still low price seller around for vultures to do buy low,sell high. 

I have an idea . why not have a more interactive trading thing.  Lets ay you want to sell a rhino prime helm for 50 plat. some one wants to buy one. you put a liting that will disappear apon logging off .  For you selling one, the buyer can scroll to your name and hit talk. there you guys can make a deal. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

I have an idea . why not have a more interactive trading thing.  Lets ay you want to sell a rhino prime helm for 50 plat. some one wants to buy one. you put a liting that will disappear apon logging off .  For you selling one, the buyer can scroll to your name and hit talk. there you guys can make a deal. 

That's what we're talking about. The problem is that you won't be the only one selling the rhino helm in question. 1000+ people would put their helms on sale (some would even log into the game just for that, and go afk doing their business). So instead of the current 1 chance out of the 50 people on trade chat, you'll be stuck on 1 chance out of hundreds. Trading then would be about luck, not about what stock you have or how you advertise it.

Spoiler

A bit off-topic but the RP advertisements are a good way to promote your stock. I bought a useless spare Rakta Cernos once just because I liked the ad.

15 hours ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

Sorry, I didn't get your point here. Mods and Arcanes? I didn't buy an extra Primed Flow this time because it would be very hard to sell at this point.

You mentioned converting prime parts into ducats, but what about mods, arcanes, etc? The only sink for them would be that board. (Don't even mention mod transmutation, without cores it's horrible as-is)
In your argument you're just thinking about yourself. Of course you didn't buy Lex Prime as a newbie, of course I didn't buy it either. But I ask you, if nobody buys it, how comes people are still selling it? How comes I sold those dozens of lex sets? The new players are coming in hordes, don't fool yourself to think the demand is non-existant, it's just small. And the offer/demand balance is kept by the trading chat. A balance that would be broken by new players coming and having the ability to choose between 1000 lex sets.

Wouldn't you sell a set for ducats? So, you refuse to sell a Burston Prime Set which is about 14p worth and grants 80 ducats, resulting in a 5.71 ducat/plat but you would exchange a Nyx Prime BP (5.56 ducat/plat) for ducats? Well, it's up to you, I only want say that some stuff are really easy to get and may not be worth selling even if you have the whole set.

Dunno , but with 14p I usually get around 150+ ducats. Sell it with the augment (a way to get rid of that extra standing, too) for 25-30p, and you get yourself over 200 ducats. So you etiher got burston prime set = 80 ducats, or burston prime set + time = 300 ducats.
Needless to say, with the trading post, the second alternative will be transformed into burston prime set + time luck < 300 ducats, or plainly just burston prime set = 80 ducats, because having hundreds of burston sets on sale at the same time would lower that price considerably and make selling it for ducats actually worth it.

I see your point here with the 30 minutes refresh idea, but after analyzing prices at market I think it would only help for stuff removed from the game, since obtainable content's price tends to drop in over time. Weekly refresh would fit better in my opinion.

Again, it's a free market, its prices dynamically change. Look at my previous Argon Scope example. A week is just too long; it would cause thousands of duplicates stacking on the board, making it even harder than it currently is for you to buy the item, while being exploitable by one-time loggers (distribution of goodies across multiple accounts is just one example). Now that I think of it, the offers should vanish upon going offline too.

TL;DR :
Like a million people said about this before me, no. It would crush the market.
If you want plat, spend time for it. Or real money. And this is coming from a F2P player.

23 hours ago, -GV--Mazzuco said:

Hide contents

time-equals-money.jpg