Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

18 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Its not shut down, i just usually only come in here every few weeks, i felt bad cus u posted that a month ago :0 

Paties up and ongoing

Understood suh! Honestly. It's more then likely I'm just overly active as a forumite and indeed as a digital presence in general.

36 minutes ago, Unus said:

Understood suh! Honestly. It's more then likely I'm just overly active as a forumite and indeed as a digital presence in general.

I got caught up in an argument about pimples, and stuck around a while...where do all your ideas go anyways? Whats happening in the pit? (Is that a mordor reference thing?)

36 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I got caught up in an argument about pimples, and stuck around a while...where do all your ideas go anyways? Whats happening in the pit? (Is that a mordor reference thing?)

EVERYWHERE suh! The Pit (Its not actually, a Moshpit is when a group of folks get together in a big haphazard circle and violently flail about in a dance, its kinda my opinion on what the Pit is.) continues to expand, my Mon Mus B-Team micro-stories is frozen physically but continues to progress in mental episodes I NEED to get on paper (blasted work), and I JUST started (litteraly feckin 1 hour ago) work on a board-game concept involving. . .well, a Harem Competition of Monster Girls.

6 Players of various breeds.
1 Randomized Homesteader

A no holds barred Machiavellian battle for either the host's affections or just to get these other freeloaders out of "YOUR" house. Plant incriminating evidence, diligently do housework, leverage your species' and personality traits to play on the host's own and become the one true house-guest. . .andor maybe more?

If it wasn't for work, i'd be able to wage war on all three, but, alas, gotta keep the boss pleased to earn my keep.

Edited by Unus

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but i feel the only reason Amon was killed off was because at the time, season 1 of korra was all there was supposed to be. Or id hope thats the only reason he was killed off. I think Amon, and also for some reason Tahno, where some of the best if not the best hands down characters from season 1.
I really would have like to have seen more of them. I like korrasami, not against it, but until that happened I had no clue who korra would be with and though never at all possible now that i have hindsight, i always like korra's interactions with Tahno, knocking his helmet off and all, and then his change when he lost his bending...obviously if i had my way, he would have been a recurring character, and possibly another love interest. Just some guy in the mix to give mako a run for his money and make the episodes less scummy where mako is just going back and forth between girls.

I personally think the only reason korra happened at all is because people kept badgering the creators of Atla about a sequel, but if thats the case, i feel like more than season 1 should have been planned out (not trying to imply anything negative, im probably completely wrong). But for some reason, it feels like season 2 was an unplanned continuation which is why season 3 and 4 take off and suddenly get better...

-less weird love triangle stuff-

So what if Amon was blown up at the end of season 1 but brought back for season 2? My reasoning is that i feel tonraq and unalaq are just copies of tarlok and amon. 

Just to play around with the timeline of events, Amon survived the explosion, and i think here he has just as valid a reason to as zuko did (i have a theory about zuko being a combustion bender but thats neither here nor there). Amon actually has real scars now though and is paralyzed from the waist down, using blood bending to move and not being able to do much else with water unless he stops trying to control his legs and body. 

Tahno tries to protect korra, probably even without her knowing if she doesnt really love him back, and might even serve as a more obvious sign for korrasami (because i was oblivious up to the last second, i dont catch on to those things...). Tahno might even die fighting amon or be horribly injured and be in a wheel chair with korra. Sweet moments.

-Amon and Zaheer showdown-

I also feel like with Amon, you dont need tonraqs ridiculous backstory of being a prince. He is just a normal guy turned badass who stood up and protected his family during zaheers attacks when korra was little. Unalaq already has a motive for killing korra because he wants to be the dark avatar, and you dont have to worry about the moral implications of the twins willingly trying to kill their cousin. Theres nothing really wrong with the family part, just not that necessary to the overall story.

-korra doesnt magically get healed by aang-

To daydream a little, though i didnt much care for season 2, i feel like if this was the path they decided to go down, unalaq should have been the big villain after season 4, not kuvira. 

Zaheer and Amon, both once pawns of unalaq, are unleashed on the world, in season 2, vatuu trying to escape the tree is explained better, how he can contact those beyond that plane, kuvira in season 3 harnessing the dark energy he emits and using it for the weapons, and korra dealing with them all and taking unalaq down in season 4, after dealing with her set backs and defeats all at once instead of every season.etc.  

-the tons and tons of potential for character developement korra shows after season 1 doesnt just dissapear with season 2 and the same old korra-

Everything leading to korra being stripped of her power (over and over again) would be character developement that would help her deal with vatuu in a more responsible way (for lack of better words). Nothing against Aang, but she would be so used to having to fight on her own at that point and not relying on the avatar state, that she would be just that much more admirable as a character in the end.

Of course this is all make believe and opinion based.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:57 PM, Unus said:

EVERYWHERE suh! The Pit (Its not actually, a Moshpit is when a group of folks get together in a big haphazard circle and violently flail about in a dance, its kinda my opinion on what the Pit is.) continues to expand, my Mon Mus B-Team micro-stories is frozen physically but continues to progress in mental episodes I NEED to get on paper (blasted work), and I JUST started (litteraly feckin 1 hour ago) work on a board-game concept involving. . .well, a Harem Competition of Monster Girls.

6 Players of various breeds.
1 Randomized Homesteader

A no holds barred Machiavellian battle for either the host's affections or just to get these other freeloaders out of "YOUR" house. Plant incriminating evidence, diligently do housework, leverage your species' and personality traits to play on the host's own and become the one true house-guest. . .andor maybe more?

If it wasn't for work, i'd be able to wage war on all three, but, alas, gotta keep the boss pleased to earn my keep.

you really became enamored with monster musume...they get a second season yet? Or was it a third?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

you really became enamored with monster musume...they get a second season yet? Or was it a third?

Yeah, its strange isn't it? I see so many people who watch and continue to watch so many series at extreme paces, then, theres me, with the one animation i've been following for about a year.

All the great ones people have shown me and said so much about nay, preached of like holy rollers, Kill-la-Kill, Ghost-In-The-Shell, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, ell, even this new Darling and the Frankzz vcult thats started up recently. . .yet I can't seem to part with this one.

Why? I think it's because its alive and ongoing and i've followed the author around for a bit. My investment in the series has me amongst a group of fans, cherry picking and finding people amongst the "Bobs and Veg" hunting crowd who wish to make heir own stories and are just plain interested in the world.

If I could find another series that is still breathing, with a crowd of writers and creator who I can learn a bit about who has been among his fans, maybe I'd change.

48 minutes ago, Unus said:

Yeah, its strange isn't it? I see so many people who watch and continue to watch so many series at extreme paces, then, theres me, with the one animation i've been following for about a year.

All the great ones people have shown me and said so much about nay, preached of like holy rollers, Kill-la-Kill, Ghost-In-The-Shell, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, ell, even this new Darling and the Frankzz vcult thats started up recently. . .yet I can't seem to part with this one.

Why? I think it's because its alive and ongoing and i've followed the author around for a bit. My investment in the series has me amongst a group of fans, cherry picking and finding people amongst the "Bobs and Veg" hunting crowd who wish to make heir own stories and are just plain interested in the world.

If I could find another series that is still breathing, with a crowd of writers and creator who I can learn a bit about who has been among his fans, maybe I'd change.

Darling has me very interested, but it also gives me a feel of some other show iv seen... Monster musume....its good. Better than a centaurs life, which i just couldnt get into...i have nothing to suggest other than konsuba. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Darling has me very interested, but it also gives me a feel of some other show iv seen... Monster musume....its good. Better than a centaurs life, which i just couldnt get into...i have nothing to suggest other than konsuba. 

Thats fair to say, you have a favorite as well.

Centaurs seemed like the author got bored at one point and went off the deep end for giggles.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Would you like to discuss atla/korra theories with me?

Atla. . . .Korra?

26 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

If you ever have spare time, watch a good oldie called Avatar the last airbender

OHHHHH! The Legend of Korra! I've seen bits and chunks of that one!

26 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Oohh, you should like overlord though

I've heard of bits and pieces of that one, interesting thought, if nothing else.

So to keep expanding on the idea, korras problems dont just solve themselves in this alternate timeline.

Korra must find out how to get her control of the other 3 elements back, and with this, we also get an explqnation of what it is Amon is doing to people, and then we get to where korra is able to restore others bending as well. This means tahno is a recurring character but remains normal as well as cheif beifong who will still manage to be awesome.

Season 1 finishes as it does, except that Amon was working for Unalaq. This makes Amons speech about spirits showing him the time of the avatar was over less b.s., especially when the next season is called spirits. Amon survives the explosion, but wont show up until the end of the season....

In season 2, korra is less about the "war" between north and south and just the conflict and how people start to realize what unalaq is up to. You can still have all the same battle episodes without labling it a "war". Because it was really just bumi, mako and bolin taking apart a camp and tonraq getting beat up by spirits. It ends with korra losing to Unalaq and having Raava ripped out of her. But instead of destroying Raava (which, if he were serious about it, he would have corrupted her like he was trying to do to korra) Ravaa is captured back by jinora, who teleports them back to the spirit world. Without Ravaa, korra cant defeat Unalaq, and he escapes as the dark avatar. Korra is reunited with her friends in the spirit world and jenora presents raava to her. She leaves the portals open. The twins abandon their father the way zuko did.

Season 2 ends where you see a sort of darth vader/palapatine//Ozai/Azula scene with unalaq staring down Amon. 

Alternate: Zuko sneaks into the northen warter tribe with the help of the twins and some fighters from the south along with korras dad. Even though the northern water tribe is hostile, they do this to try to apprehend zaheer, who at this point is a threat they cant allow to Zuko and his dragon are alot more badass in the fight with zaheer, making them flee- 

Or

- Zuko never goes to the north pole, but instead Amon is sent to the prison to intercept Zaheer and they have a showdown, and possibly some other new character on Amons side or just northern water tribe guards, like darth vader and storm troopers. Or a battle between all 3.

Season 3 starts the way it does. Korras connection with the spirit world and Aang himself was reestablished when she touched the spirit portals. And she has already figured out how to stop Amons permanent chi blocking. This is where things get serious though for korra and the rest of the world as a whole. Zaheer really did (canon) work for Unalaq, and was left to rot in prison when he failed to kill korra as a kid. Zaheer may or may not be bent on revenge, but at this point he isnt working for unalaq. His actions are in his own interests, as he realizes unalaq was never interested in the ideals of the red lotus, and will target Unalaq as a world leader as well as the tops of all other nations. korra is standing against the northern water tribe, thousands of evil spirits and a shady organization called the red lotus headed by zaheer...

Most events stay like normal, but theres less filler and just more desperation. I could go episode to episode, but the basics would be Unalaq is scouring the world for the last remaining lion turtles to grow stronger as an avatar which is again an explanation for why he wont just be there dealing with things himself. 

Season 3 and season 4 would have to have gone on a little longer then to fit all this in, but basically it ends with a three way fight between korra, Unalaa, and a giant robot manned by kuvira, as kuviras answer to help restore balance to the world wass to gather the entire strength of the earth kingdom and the rest of the world under one order as already stated. Then of course you can get into a war if deemed absolutely necessary for the story ( kuvira amassed a giant army in season 4 and it wasnt used for anything).

I also didnt like how we werent able to see anything of the fire nation...

On 3/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

So to keep expanding on the idea, korras problems dont just solve themselves in this alternate timeline.

Korra must find out how to get her control of the other 3 elements back, and with this, we also get an explqnation of what it is Amon is doing to people, and then we get to where korra is able to restore others bending as well. This means tahno is a recurring character but remains normal as well as cheif beifong who will still manage to be awesome.

Season 1 finishes as it does, except that Amon was working for Unalaq. This makes Amons speech about spirits showing him the time of the avatar was over less b.s., especially when the next season is called spirits. Amon survives the explosion, but wont show up until the end of the season....

In season 2, korra is less about the "war" between north and south and just the conflict and how people start to realize what unalaq is up to. You can still have all the same battle episodes without labling it a "war". Because it was really just bumi, mako and bolin taking apart a camp and tonraq getting beat up by spirits. It ends with korra losing to Unalaq and having Raava ripped out of her. But instead of destroying Raava (which, if he were serious about it, he would have corrupted her like he was trying to do to korra) Ravaa is captured back by jinora, who teleports them back to the spirit world. Without Ravaa, korra cant defeat Unalaq, and he escapes as the dark avatar. Korra is reunited with her friends in the spirit world and jenora presents raava to her. She leaves the portals open. The twins abandon their father the way zuko did.

Season 2 ends where you see a sort of darth vader/palapatine//Ozai/Azula scene with unalaq staring down Amon. 

Alternate: Zuko sneaks into the northen warter tribe with the help of the twins and some fighters from the south along with korras dad. Even though the northern water tribe is hostile, they do this to try to apprehend zaheer, who at this point is a threat they cant allow to Zuko and his dragon are alot more badass in the fight with zaheer, making them flee- 

Or

- Zuko never goes to the north pole, but instead Amon is sent to the prison to intercept Zaheer and they have a showdown, and possibly some other new character on Amons side or just northern water tribe guards, like darth vader and storm troopers. Or a battle between all 3.

Season 3 starts the way it does. Korras connection with the spirit world and Aang himself was reestablished when she touched the spirit portals. And she has already figured out how to stop Amons permanent chi blocking. This is where things get serious though for korra and the rest of the world as a whole. Zaheer really did (canon) work for Unalaq, and was left to rot in prison when he failed to kill korra as a kid. Zaheer may or may not be bent on revenge, but at this point he isnt working for unalaq. His actions are in his own interests, as he realizes unalaq was never interested in the ideals of the red lotus, and will target Unalaq as a world leader as well as the tops of all other nations. korra is standing against the northern water tribe, thousands of evil spirits and a shady organization called the red lotus headed by zaheer...

Most events stay like normal, but theres less filler and just more desperation. I could go episode to episode, but the basics would be Unalaq is scouring the world for the last remaining lion turtles to grow stronger as an avatar which is again an explanation for why he wont just be there dealing with things himself. 

Season 3 and season 4 would have to have gone on a little longer then to fit all this in, but basically it ends with a three way fight between korra, Unalaa, and a giant robot manned by kuvira, as kuviras answer to help restore balance to the world wass to gather the entire strength of the earth kingdom and the rest of the world under one order as already stated. Then of course you can get into a war if deemed absolutely necessary for the story ( kuvira amassed a giant army in season 4 and it wasnt used for anything).

I also didnt like how we werent able to see anything of the fire nation...

Oh. . . uh, sweet Geezus, I. . . uh, I'm very sorry suh, but, I most certainly lack those details. All I recalled were the anti-bending attack mechs.

22 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh. . . uh, sweet Geezus, I. . . uh, I'm very sorry suh, but, I most certainly lack those details. All I recalled were the anti-bending attack mechs.

I decided to revise it and go with a route that has the dark avatar being opposed by the world, so the twins still rule after unalaq...the mechs were cool....they ran on oil and were hydraulic powered, which i guess is what made them a hybrid between the earth kingdom and fire nation, but i want to to know what happened to shift the avatart universe from steam powered machines and blasting jelly to electricity and oil....it was weird...i guess i wanted steam powered mechs...they also looked very low tech compared to the fire nations drill. i can only assume the fire nation is a very advanced nation.

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I decided to revise it and go with a route that has the dark avatar being opposed by the world, so the twins still rule after unalaq...the mechs were cool....they ran on oil and were hydraulic powered, which i guess is what made them a hybrid between the earth kingdom and fire nation, but i want to to know what happened to shift the avatart universe from steam powered machines and blasting jelly to electricity and oil....it was weird...i guess i wanted steam powered mechs...they also looked very low tech compared to the fire nations drill. i can only assume the fire nation is a very advanced nation.

Given they have electrical benders, if I recall, i'd imagine some firetech doesn't need a power supply, the owner just has to "go zen" and THEY are the power supply. Perhaps something similar for ordinary bendies, only with mini steam engines they boil with themselves to get things working. Kind of a magical version of getting folks to run on turbine-spinning treadmills, hehe.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:46 AM, Unus said:

Given they have electrical benders, if I recall, i'd imagine some firetech doesn't need a power supply, the owner just has to "go zen" and THEY are the power supply. Perhaps something similar for ordinary bendies, only with mini steam engines they boil with themselves to get things working. Kind of a magical version of getting folks to run on turbine-spinning treadmills, hehe.

I think it needs to be explained how much energy it takes from the human body...also, benders have something like skill trees, talented people can learn to bend electricity or explosions. That leads to my theory on zuko being a combustion bender or having the potential, but never realizing it.

The tech seems to down grade from Atla, but with the higher number of firebenders who are able to bend electricity, maybe that is what caused the shift in tech...

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

• 1 month later...