The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allowing low level players to high level content is a good idea.

OverlordMcGeek

2 minutes ago, Crowsworth said:

As was the point, if only to drive home how stupid it is to claim because someone saw a bad high MR player that all high MR players are bad. Sorry if it offended you, and also, your offense seems to have mislead you into thinking it was a political statement of some sort.

Where did Yasai say that all high MR players are bad?

Just now, Noamuth said:

Where did Yasai say that all high MR players are bad?

It has been inferred repeatedly throughout the thread. Don't want to single anyone out in case that offends either. Anytime people talk about low level players in higher level content, plenty of people rush in with the tired "oh but I have seen bad high MR players...". 

Same as the "no vote kick because it could be abused..."

26 minutes ago, Crowsworth said:

A man once molested a child, ergo, all men molest children.....

Well noted, not all High MR players are bad.

But I am just going to say this once : A good number of High MR players in the game know enough to jump into Sorties just to level up their weapons. They are not bad, they just know what is the easiest way to level stuff. 

Even at the expense of others? Why not? Because someone else might have a Tonkor to carry anyway.

I mean if Warframe is gonna turn into that sort of game where I give New Players decked out weapons, and us Veterans get to sit back and chill while they work, I think there needs to be a change somewhere. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

2 minutes ago, Crowsworth said:

It has been inferred repeatedly throughout the thread.

Because so many high MR players simply are AFK in groups, it's noticeable. When granny has to do double duty because MR 18 is AFK, yeah, it's not just ONE bad apple in the whole bunch.

Oh, they want to be in your group for the free key, but sit there like bots, in return. Yeah, people will say something about it. Especially when they rub their MR ratings in your face.

Now, it's equating AFKers and leeches as pedophile rights?

Go straight from thread to cesspit in one post to make a point. -_-

14 minutes ago, Crowsworth said:

It has been inferred repeatedly throughout the thread. Don't want to single anyone out in case that offends either. Anytime people talk about low level players in higher level content, plenty of people rush in with the tired "oh but I have seen bad high MR players...". 

Same as the "no vote kick because it could be abused..."

There are plenty of ways to make a point that doesn't involve examples of molestation, and you're smart enough to know it.

Not about MR but what can you expect if they can't even have a level 30 gear?  Today's sorties for example: I have devoted considerable time to make gears shine, how is it even fair for me that any player could grab a rank 0 MK1-Strun, click, play, leech and die within the first 30 seconds to get the same reward? As a pure PUG player, please don't push anything bad toward us because I have no obligation to revive them or even help them, Sorties are about heavy cooperation, not helping untrained leeches who can't even find a walk-through themselves.

Edited by VCaptiion

1 hour ago, VCaptiion said:

Not about MR but what can you expect if they can't even have a level 30 gear?  Today's sorties for example: I have devoted considerable time to make gears shine, how is it even fair for me that any player could grab a rank 0 MK1-Strun, click, play, leech and die within the first 30 seconds to get the same reward? As a pure PUG player, please don't push anything bad toward us because I have no obligation to revive them or even help them, Sorties are about heavy cooperation, not helping untrained leeches who can't even find a walk-through themselves.

I feel the same way, to be honest i'm ok with the way it is now. Many complain of leachers already, by allowing lower level MR players cross the gap with higher level MR players will just make the leaching worst. At least with the restrictions it forces players to learn or at least use things they never used to gain experience. Nothing is worst then being in a room with some one you have to baby sit especially when its a co-operative mission.

If lower levels wants so much to play higher tier content then they should make the effort to level them selves up. Their may be very skilled lower levels out there but it your level is too low it obviously means have a lot of things yet to experience from warframes, weapons, sentinels and ect.

High level contents like sorties & raids are categorized as end game...end game is only for those who are experienced & well geared. Newbies (low MR) shouldnt be able to access it, bcos its pretty much like if you go to watch marvel's civil war in the last minutes just watch the last fighting scene & ending...you just want the fun, but you dont want to understand the whole story.

I just think these restrictions are there for a reason. Like today they had a sortie for shotguns only, because of the mods and experience i had i was able to go in their with a shot gun i just bought. I doubt many lower levels or new (MR 0) players can do that. Thats just one of the sorties, there are many others that are harder and tougher. Lower level players can even seek help. Like i never done raid before but i would rather prepare myself and ask for assistance from some ps4 veteran or experienced player before placing my self in it.

Edited by (PS4)lmysterie

1 minute ago, (PS4)lmysterie said:

I just think these restrictions are there for a reason. Like today they had a sortie for shotguns only, because of the mods and experience i had i was able to go in their with a shot gun i just bought. I doubt many lower levels or new (MR 0) players can do that. Thats just one of the sorties, there are many others that are harder and tougher. Lower level players can even seek help. Like i never done raid before but i would rather prepare myself and ask for assistance from some ps4 veteran or experienced player before placing my self in it.

Or, maybe an achieve that they can finish x amount of nightmare modes solo with that specific frame. That will show -- on that frame -- they understand harder mechanics (not be AFK throughout the game). Because just MR ratings don't tell hosts if the player can even play a frame at all (Draco they don't even need to move, even).

I'm currently MR19 but unlike others that can be absolute morons I've given advice as we as helped (positively carry low MR players when they asked for help. For the most part I think lower level players should challenge themselves with high level content. But for those that in (unfortunate) circumstance they can just drag the squad down.

7 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Or, maybe an achieve that they can finish x amount of nightmare modes solo with that specific frame. That will show -- on that frame -- they understand harder mechanics (not be AFK throughout the game). Because just MR ratings don't tell hosts if the player can even play a frame at all (Draco they don't even need to move, even).

I think your onto something Mr.Kevyne. By showing stats or ratio of nightmare modes/ challenges/ shorties or in general of what they completed there will show more skill then just a number. Even though there are some players with high MR they can be in experienced players as well.

I remember when i was MR 6 when i did Operation shadow debt: and i was able to complete endurance with a team with some that criticized my skill because of my level. Well i showed them ;)

Edited by (PS4)lmysterie

11 minutes ago, LittleArachnid said:

I'm currently MR19 but unlike others that can be absolute morons I've given advice as we as helped (positively carry low MR players when they asked for help. For the most part I think lower level players should challenge themselves with high level content. But for those that in (unfortunate) circumstance they can just drag the squad down.

They should challenge themselves but not with the cost of others. I wouldn't like to fail because of another's inexperience especially in a spy mission.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lmysterie said:

I think your onto something Mr.Kevyne. By showing stats or ratio of nightmare modes/ challenges/ shorties or in general of what they completed there will show more skill then just a number. Even though there are some players with high MR they can be in experienced players as well.

It still comes down to the MR doesn't show anything for THAT frame itself, it's account bound. Account bound, they could be playing one toon 90% of their 2000hrs, and maybe only 12hrs on that one toon s/he's showing up with.

That's the problem I see in the Void runs. They can have the MR but once they get there they show nothing of the proficiency of that toon. 2% damage (and I'm not always at the defense spot to hog every kill) from a DPS frame???

Just make missions accessible via conclave ratings ie if your gear doesn't add up to the pre-determined conclave points, which adds points for mods equipped and their rank, weapons equipped and their forma, mods etc and of course the same for their warframe. Mastery rank no longer matters and those who don't want to use anything but their favourite gear, can as long ad it's decent.

8 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Because so many high MR players simply are AFK in groups, it's noticeable. When granny has to do double duty because MR 18 is AFK, yeah, it's not just ONE bad apple in the whole bunch.

Oh, they want to be in your group for the free key, but sit there like bots, in return. Yeah, people will say something about it. Especially when they rub their MR ratings in your face.

Now, it's equating AFKers and leeches as pedophile rights?

Go straight from thread to cesspit in one post to make a point. -_-

Dumb du-du-du-dumb, is what the Thong Song sounded like. Also fitting here. I never equated anything, I pointed out how stupid it was to infer "saw a bad high level player once, so they all must be bad", you took that and got all worked up about it. Sorry if you got upset about some words, allow me to redo it with something that will not upset your delicate little mind.

All poodles are dogs, therefore all dogs are poodles....

I've been playing for two months, and I remember my first month or so I didn't really have an idea on what to do. The learning curve for this game was super hard honestly, the way enemies scale and no one explains anything to you. So I read up on the wikia, spent a lot of money to buy plat and traded for weapons and prime frames. I personally like supporting the game so my situation is not the same as people who don't or can't spend any money. 

When I rank 3-4 I got matched up with people who seem to know what they were doing and I just learned from them. I think it is a great idea to let new and old players play together. 

However, I do think we need a matching system. Like now, when I do alerts for stuff, sometimes I'll be matched with people who ruin the alert like they let the target die or w.e. It is very frustrating because sometimes they ruin the whole alert. I've also done voids where they kept letting the mission fail which is horrid too. 

52 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Stick to the 8chan Speedo reviews, k? Not polluting threads with pedophile crap, "just because".

So stick to logical arguments, rather than pointless dribble that has no standing in an adult conversation, k?

52 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Stick to the 8chan Speedo reviews, k? Not polluting threads with pedophile crap, "just because".

Whether you like the content of his message or not, his point is valid. A group cannot be judged by the actions of an individual in the group.

Sorties and Raids should absolutely be MR locked and require level 30 gear only. This is the definitive end game of Warframe. There is no reason anyone should be allowed to bring anything less than their best to those missions in particular. Yes, MR is not a good way of measuring a player's skill and technically neither is weapon level, but it's the best we can do right now until the MR system gets reworked. EVEN THOUGH the missions can be completed with only 1 level 30 weapon or NO level 30 weapons but a good level 30 frame, this is the current end game, no getting around that.

9 hours ago, Reitrahc said:

Whether you like the content of his message or not, his point is valid. A group cannot be judged by the actions of an individual in the group.

Sorties and Raids should absolutely be MR locked and require level 30 gear only. This is the definitive end game of Warframe. There is no reason anyone should be allowed to bring anything less than their best to those missions in particular. Yes, MR is not a good way of measuring a player's skill and technically neither is weapon level, but it's the best we can do right now until the MR system gets reworked. EVEN THOUGH the missions can be completed with only 1 level 30 weapon or NO level 30 weapons but a good level 30 frame, this is the current end game, no getting around that.

With the exception of perhaps a few under 12 mr players agree there should be a mr lock, in the case of the Orcus relay that is unfair in ways though. 

I'm kinda torn on this one.

I feel that MR isn't an absolute measure of a player's abilities. So I think even low MRs are entitled to challenged themselves as I did when I started my first Sortie at MR 5. But, I do think if you are going to take part in top end content, then at the very least equip yourself with the best stuff you have. I'm not saying you cannot perform optimally with one or two non-maxed weapon in your loadout. It's just that I've also come across people that go into pubs with all weapons un-maxed and in a way, expected to be carried.