The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe starting issues

Mr_bunny

Question

I was doing some void runs and then the game decided to tell me that the progress wasn't saved. A second after that it decided to log me out. I tried logging back in but I wasn't successful so I shut it off and attempted to restart it but now my client is stuck at "checking for updates" and isn't doing anything. *edit* Now the game told me that an update has failed. Do you guys have any issues like that at the moment? Should I be re-installing warframe? 

Another EDIT: Never mind me, the game fixed itself by bugging out twice. Sorry to fill up the forums with non-important threads

Edited by Mr_bunny

9 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue actually.

When returning to the landing craft after a mission, the ship takes ~30 seconds to load (nothing in the ship can be used meanwhile). Yesterday it even got as bad as to log me off multiple consecutive times after missions, and a few times during the missions.

The simple answer? Most likely something happened to your connection. The game couldn't sync to the server to save your progress and it was bad enough that you got booted from the game. You then tried to restart and log in, and because the connection was bad the server probably rejected it figuring you were still connected, there were too many attempts or some such. After some time everything "cleared" and you were able to get on.

For similar reasons any time you are told to reset your modem for troubleshooting purposes, they tell you to leave it unplugged for a decent amount of time so it doesn't read as just an interruption and all involved devices actually see a connection terminated.

Lesson to be learned: Be patient.

Edited by Wopel

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Midnight4311 said:

Lucky! Hopefully mine gets fixed soon, this is tiring but still odd that it's just IP based thought the router it seems.

Routers can go bad and cause connection issues same as any device. If you are having ongoing issues you can try to back up settings and default the router to see of it still happens. If it does, bypass the router and connect directly to the modem and see how it performs.

1 minute ago, Wopel said:

Routers can go bad and cause connection issues same as any device. If you are having ongoing issues you can try to back up settings and default the router to see of it still happens. If it does, bypass the router and connect directly to the modem and see how it performs.

I said router, but what I meant is modem. Not sure what the issue is honestly, I literally just posted about it before this was commented on. I'm unable to reach the main Warframe.com site or even Sign In under the support to send a ticket on my laptop or ps4 so this has me baffled.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Midnight4311 said:

I said router, but what I meant is modem. Not sure what the issue is honestly, I literally just posted about it before this was commented on. I'm unable to reach the main Warframe.com site or even Sign In under the support to send a ticket on my laptop or ps4 so this has me baffled.

That actually sounds like you might have been banned.

One of the larger warframe YouTubers was banned and in one of the videos showed how when banned you are unable to access support. Just going of what little you've said anyways.

Edited by Wopel

8 minutes ago, Wopel said:

That actually sounds like you might have been banned.

One of the larger warframe YouTubers was banned and in one of the videos showed how when banned you are unable to access support. Just going of what little you've said anyways.

Well if that were the case why can I still access it via DE's Warframe app when on my cell data but not through wifi. Not to mention the Web page and forums as well through Data over Wifi. It's confusing lol.

Edited by (PS4)Midnight4311

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Midnight4311 said:

Well if that were the case why can I still access it via DE's Warframe app when on my cell data but not through wifi.

I don't know. You obviously have connection issues.

I'm not your technical support and have no information on your devices, software, router and/or modem. You should probably get ahold of someone who can help you with those. Hell sometimes it can be a problem with the console (PC able to log in but my xbox unable to), so if could even be a PS4 problem.

I am able to get to the website, log in and get to support (previous ticket shows, etc). So it isn't happening to me, and there are no forum posts showing it to be a widespread issue. Which... means it looks to be on you.