The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two in the pocket, 13 to go

Ambiroa

25 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

You know, lads. Nitain is not only from alerts. If you obtain the three caches in a Reactor Sabotage, you can get Nitain from that. Try going for Xiphos and you'll suddenly discover the wonders of unwanted Nitain.

Which is odd given the seeming reason for Nitain is to limit the max available. That said at best you're looking at not more that a 1 in 50 chance there. You would have to be playing for hours before you had a sensible chance of a single bit of nitain.

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Nope, Nitain is objectively, demonstrably unfair.

A given player who has, say 8 hours to play in a week can get ~2-4 Nitain if they can only play on a single day for 8 hours (because... say they actually have a life)

Another player who has the luxury of spreading the same 8 hours of play over 15min periods whenever an alert-app says "jump" can get 16 Nitain

That is a massive over rewarding for the same playtime, It is literally penalising people for not being at the game's beck-and-call. An hour's playtime should be approximately the same as any other hour. No game should be saying "You weren't awake at 4am... too bad"

And before people incapable of responding without making accusations reply: I have no life to speak of, I do have plenty of Nitain, but I know plenty of people with kids or more demanding spouses and this mechanic sucks for them, regardless how much time they can put into the game.

That is objectively not fair.

Ceramic Dagger/Dark Dagger/Dark Sword/Glaive/Heat Dagger/Heat Sword/Jaw Sword/Pangolin Sword/Plasma Sword/Vauban Helmet/Vauban Chassis/Vauban System/Lastly All Cosmetic Helmets. These are all from alerts. Don't see many people complain at these items minus the odd Vauban parts.

3 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Please tell me anywhere in this thread OP said Nitain is unfair. 

Seriously, there is way too much unnecessary hostility in this thread directed to them.

Who directed it at OP? I sure didn't..

8 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Which is odd given the seeming reason for Nitain is to limit the max available. That said at best you're looking at not more that a 1 in 50 chance there. You would have to be playing for hours before you had a sensible chance of a single bit of nitain.

I actually had gotten four back to back while on my quest for Xiphos. The thing about RNG is that it isn't consistent; on that same day of getting those Nitains, my last two Sabotage IV keys gave me a Fragor Prime Head and a Receiver for the Akstilleto Prime (on top of giving my friend the Ash Prime Helmet he needed), while a little bit later Stalker dropped Hate for me (and item that has eluded me for nearly two and a half years- I had gotten Despair a week or two ago). The following days? Same old, same old. Nyx Prime parts for an eternity when I go for my last Soma part, Booban Prime is a myth, and Formas are my C rotation of T3 until my body rots.

Mathematically, I should never had such odds in my favor, but I did. I rolled lucky one day out of my many dreary farm days and I don't expect it to happen again for another year or so. That's what it boils down to; rolling lucky. All you seriously need to do is not give up. (Try going for Xiphos. I'll save you some time and tell you that it requires all three caches and the parts are from different level Sabotages and have a literal 0.5% chance. Good luck.)

Just now, Husla said:

Ceramic Dagger/Dark Dagger/Dark Sword/Glaive/Heat Dagger/Heat Sword/Jaw Sword/Pangolin Sword/Plasma Sword/Vauban Helmet/Vauban Chassis/Vauban System/Lastly All Cosmetic Helmets. These are all from alerts. Don't see many people complain at these items minus the odd Vauban parts.

They are also terrible things and are complained about frequently. The only mitigating factor is that the majority of players who cared about mastery already had those items that did provided mastery. Also you only need one of each, hence it is harder to compare the haves to the have nots. It's much easier to illustrate the factor-of-9 reward buff you get for having no life, and living as a slave to the alert app.

But yes, those are also unfair mechanics, doesn't make this iteration any less unfair.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

Mathematically, I should never had such odds in my favor, but I did. I rolled lucky one day out of my many dreary farm days and I don't expect it to happen again for another year or so. That's what it boils down to; rolling lucky. All you seriously need to do is not give up. (Try going for Xiphos. I'll save you some time and tell you that it requires all three caches and the parts are from different level Sabotages and have a literal 0.5% chance. Good luck.)

And for every one of you there is another one who won't get even a single Nitain from sabotages in 100+ runs, thats many many hours for a chance at a single Nitain on average. It's not even remotely practical.

As I've said, I have plenty, because I have no life, but DE is being righteously unfair to people with families, even if they can cut out hours a week to play the game.

I have everything that takes alertium built (including booben) and I also funded my clan tech (smallest clan size) and I still have more than 20 left over. I seriously do not see a problem with the acquisition of nitian.

I am a 38yo dad with a full time job and responsibilities and as such I can only play a couple of hours per day at most, But when the alerts pop up I do them (hell i often don;t even bother if they are survival or defense) and I have plenty.

Get off of Draco and play the game!

Edited by spacedkadet

Just now, SilentMobius said:

And for every one of you there is another one who won't get even a single Nitain from sabotages in 100+ runs, thats many many hours for a chance at a single Nitain on average. It's not even remotely practical.

As I've said, I have plenty, because I have no life, but DE is being righteously unfair to people with families, even if they can cut out hours a week to play the game.

If they have families and other outside of game tasks to do, they're not going to be worried about Nitain. They'll get it when they get it and everyone who is reasonable has already accepted that. No, no. What this boils down to is people wanting it to be easier, to be catered to. There are three ways to go about Nitain; you can wait for alerts, go to Reactor Sabotages, or outright buy the item that requires it. "But you can't buy Vauban Prime!" Yes, yes you absolutely can. Every single day people are selling his parts and Prime Access only recently went online.

It took me nearly two and a half years to get Stalker's three weapons (Dread, Despair, Hate) and all this time I chose not to drop the farm and outright buy the weapons from its pack (and it's not a matter of not having Platinum- people like me will always have Platinum thanks to trading) because I chose to. There have always been two options for Warframe, do not forget this, and those two are simply... Farm for it or buy it. You can quote me on that too. I said those words to people on my original account when Warframe went open beta for the first time and I'll say that until the day Warframe's servers close.

12 minutes ago, Husla said:

.Who directed it at OP? I sure didn't..

Just the general tone a lot of early replies are using, referring to mentioning Nitain as whining and accusing him of irrelevant things. I merely received a hostile vibe from your "You can only blame yourself" statement given OP never stated once that he finds Nitain unfair, so I found it a bit unnecessary and hostile at the most.

Apologies if you felt accused of something, given my post seemed on the [hypocritically] hostile side.

To clear stuff up, I indeed did not start this thread to complain or whine about Nitain or it's availibity, my tone would be very different if I was believe me. Just a light thread on how much I have now and how many I need to go, that's all. Having said that, I think this therapeutic session is going very well. I am pleased to see how each of you have been experiencing this and to intimately share this with me, Dr. Ambiroa, hahaha ;-)

10 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

That's right, talking about Nitain :P

Share your pain here so we can be each other therapist and spread the burden hehe

Did you also knew that you could also find them in caches on sabotage missions? 

Like said before..... No Biggie... Just keep at it! 

All this talk about what is "fair" is ridiculous.

Fair is the same rules applying to everyone, and nobody receives preferential treatment from DE.  If your life/spouse/kid/job doesn't allow you to progress at the same rate as others in different situations it isnt the fault of the game, it is the reality of your situation.  Your life, your choice to do with it what you wish.  If you choose to spend your time doing other things don't blame DE when game items aren't handed to you and then whine about it being unfair. 

9 hours ago, Ambiroa said:

O.o didn't know this, I thought Alert rewards are only given once? Last time I tried it with helping others getting their egg, and it didn't gave me a second egg :P

whoa whoa whoa....that's putting words on my fingers. You run the taxis and bring the new players with you....like hosting voids, not multiple runs because yeah that stuff doesn't work....well not anymore.

9 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Nope, Nitain is objectively, demonstrably unfair.

A given player who has, say 8 hours to play in a week can get ~2-4 Nitain if they can only play on a single day for 8 hours (because... say they actually have a life)

Another player who has the luxury of spreading the same 8 hours of play over 15min periods whenever an alert-app says "jump" can get 16 Nitain

That is a massive over rewarding for the same playtime, It is literally penalising people for not being at the game's beck-and-call. An hour's playtime should be approximately the same as any other hour. No game should be saying "You weren't awake at 4am... too bad"

And before people incapable of responding without making accusations reply: I have no life to speak of, I do have plenty of Nitain, but I know plenty of people with kids or more demanding spouses and this mechanic sucks for them, regardless how much time they can put into the game.

That is objectively not fair.

Then they can just not have Nitain. If their lives are so busy that they literally can't possibly gather all that precious Nitain needed to build X Y or Z, their life is too busy to be playing Warframe at all.

By the way, what game is this with the bolding and all that?

Just now, Reitrahc said:

Then they can just not have Nitain. If their lives are so busy that they literally can't possibly gather all that precious Nitain needed to build X Y or Z, their life is too busy to be playing Warframe at all.

By the way, what game is this with the bolding and all that?

That's the same as saying if someone can't afford a good tip, they shouldn't go out to eat. 

Nitain is a resource that you have to be on to get when the game decides you have to be on to get it.  That's their point.  If you actually read their post, you would see that someone might have 8 hours to play, but they might only be able to spend that much time playing in one day.

Players need to adjust to new things and learn to slowly gather over time.  I do every nitain alert when I see it.  They rarely take more than ten minutes and are never that challenging.  Sheesh it took me a year to farm regular vauban.  Get off my lawn you younguns. 

3 minutes ago, TouchedByYou said:

That's the same as saying if someone can't afford a good tip, they shouldn't go out to eat. 

Nitain is a resource that you have to be on to get when the game decides you have to be on to get it.  That's their point.  If you actually read their post, you would see that someone might have 8 hours to play, but they might only be able to spend that much time playing in one day.

I understand the point perfectly. If someone has so little time to play the game, gear that requires Nitain isn't for them. It's not required to have it. Vauban Prime is no different than Vauban. Zephyr sucks, admit it. Wukong is just a worse Valkyr. Ivara exists for farming Sentients which these people clearly don't have the time to do. The few items that require Nitain are not required to have fun. If they have no time to play Nitain they don't need Nitain. It's that simple. It's the nature of Nitain. If they don't like it they don't have to play.

Edited by Reitrahc

7 hours ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

If they have families and other outside of game tasks to do, they're not going to be worried about Nitain. They'll get it when they get it and everyone who is reasonable has already accepted that. No, no. What this boils down to is people wanting it to be easier, to be catered to. There are three ways to go about Nitain; you can wait for alerts, go to Reactor Sabotages, or outright buy the item that requires it. "But you can't buy Vauban Prime!" Yes, yes you absolutely can. Every single day people are selling his parts and Prime Access only recently went online.

Balls.

The hour of playtime that someone can muster on Saturday should be no more valuable than 4 sets of 15 mins across the week that someone else can manage because they have nothing better to do... and that is not the case.

Planing a life around a game is nonsense, any mechanic that ignores that is broken, if you don't see that I feel sorry for you. if you think a game should be punishing you because you're not waiting on it to be ready for you. Well... I have no words.

The usual "I'm not paying attention so I going to call say use words like: easier, casual, entitled" is objectively wrong, I'm comparing equal game time. 

1 hour ago, Reitrahc said:

<Nonsense>

You don't even deserve the effort, welcome to my ignore list

Edited by SilentMobius

7 hours ago, spacedkadet said:

I have everything that takes alertium built (including booben) and I also funded my clan tech (smallest clan size) and I still have more than 20 left over. I seriously do not see a problem with the acquisition of nitian.

I am a 38yo dad with a full time job and responsibilities and as such I can only play a couple of hours per day at most, But when the alerts pop up I do them (hell i often don;t even bother if they are survival or defense) and I have plenty.

Get off of Draco and play the game!

That cool for you but maybe you missed this:

It's not about how much a single player has managed to achieve vs the cost of items, it's simply the fairness of the distribution mechanism, that is the issue to me.

Maybe you're fine with getting nine time lower rewards that people playing the game for the same time you put in, must be nice to be you

But a bad mechanic is a bad mechanic regardless whether you happen you be suffering or not.

Edited by SilentMobius

43 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Balls.

The hour of playtime that someone can muster on Saturday should be no more valuable than 4 sets of 15 mins across the week that someone else can manage because they have nothing better to do... and that is not the case.

Planing a life around a game is nonsense, any mechanic that ignores that is broken, if you don't see that I feel sorry for you. if you think a game should be punishing you because you're not waiting on it to be ready for you. Well... I have no words.

The usual "I'm not paying attention so I going to call say use words like: easier, casual, entitled" is objectively wrong, I'm comparing equal game time. 

You don't even deserve the effort, welcome to my ignore list

I've got some bad news for you. I'm sure you've heard it before. Here it is.

Life isn't fair.

If you think this isn't fair then stop supporting the game as a player. No one is forcing you to play. You can complain that this system is broken all you want, but the fact is that it works for most players and even if someone can only play for 15 minutes a day because their life is so busy, they'll eventually run into enough Nitain alerts during those 15 minute periods to make whatever they want to make. It seems ridiculous that you actually believe people with no time to play the game should be allowed to get the same things people who play for hours are able to get. That's insane. If their lives are so busy they can't pick up Nitain alerts, they are missing out on Nitain to live their life. If people choose to play Warframe instead of doing whatever it is that is having a life, of course they will be better off in Warframe while missing out on life. No one can have everything they want, DE is not obligated to do anything for anyone, and no one is entitled to Nitain. YES, you are arguing that everyone should be entitled to equal chances at Nitain, and that is completely wrong. If someone is in such desperate need of Nitain that they HAVE to have it to have any fun in this world, they'll be sure to make the time to pick up Nitain alerts when they pop up. If not, they have other, more important priorities. You're confusing a game with real life. No one will die from not having Nitain. No one has a right to Nitain. Drop your superiority complex and realize how this S#&amp;&#036; works. DE has every right to make a game that forces players to cater to IT'S schedule and is under no obligation to cater to the players' schedules. That doesn't guarantee players will play, but it's their right.