Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"the Evolution Engine Has Stopped Working"

RyojinOrion

So one of my friends has been trying to play this game. They installed it, loaded up the launcher, clicked play... A loading screen popped up, and then "The Evolution Engine has stopped working".

I can't figure out what the issue is. He said that he tried all the launch options, and nothing worked. He's running Vista 64bit, and dxdiag lists his graphics card as "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family".

Is this an issue with the graphics card?

Well, it seems to be able to run Guild Wars 2 on it's base graphical settings, so it should be able to handle Warframe at least on it's lowest settings. My card is much older and much less powerful, and it can handle Warframe on it's lowest settings.

What does the Event Viewer say when the game crashes?

That graphics card is supposed to support DX10, so running in DX9 shouldn't be an issue. However, maybe the default graphics settings in Warframe are too much for it (not enough resources). Since you can't change them until the game runs (which clearly isn't happening), maybe try modifying the configuration files. Try lowering settings and enabling window mode in C:\Users\Friend's Account Name\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.cfg.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers