The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Vauban be Required to Build Vauban Prime?

In just going to keep this short, simple, and to the point. Do you guys think that Vauban should be a requirement when building Vauban prime? My thoughts behind this is, Vauban is arguably the most difficult frame to get, and takes an overall large amount of play time, or communication to know when the alerts are happening. Although I find that farming out the parts for Vauban prime are so much easier, that there is no reason to get basic Vauban... A prime should never be easier to get than its basic counterpart... Therefore my solution to this issue would be to make Vauban a requirement when building Vauban prime, what do you think?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

Therefore my solution to this issue would be to make Vauban a requirement when building Vauban prime, what do you think?

No for lore reasons, but it would be nice if vanilla frame parts were used for something.  A consumable of some sort maybe.  Just as Chroma needs various parts, but that is just a one time thing.  For bps that are endlessly farmable they are pretty useless after their initial build. I mean besides a few credits, though to be fair, Oberon parts being so abundant make for a nice chunk of change.

Edited by Xekrin

what they could've done is just had Vauban Prime pop up in alerts the same way as the normal one and if you had the key at the time of the alert you could run the mission, if not then you're sorta out of luck unless you could get the key quickly or find a taxi. This would've been hilariously interesting and made PA way more valuable, but I'm sure many would've cried about it.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)yamikeigo said:

what they could've done is just had Vauban Prime pop up in alerts the same way as the normal one and if you had the key at the time of the alert you could run the mission, if not then you're sorta out of luck unless you could get the key quickly or find a taxi. This would've been hilariously interesting and made PA way more valuable, but I'm sure many would've cried about it.

Yeah cause DE will most definitely make the Vauban Prime alerts just as common as resource alerts if that were to happen.

/sarcasm

Friday the 13 was a while ago Satans, a little too late.

Unfortunately I don't think the regular frames should be a prerequisite to building a prime counterpart.  Yes it would be good lore wise, and you'd have the Mastery Rank points to show, but it's nice to have the ability to hunt for specific prime frames, or regular frames :)

The way they've done it is just fine, the parts for Vauban are hard to get, and to even that out with Vauban Prime is make the resources hard to get. However, this is only the case for a casual player, as a more active player would be more likely be online at the time of a Vauban part alert, or have the app to notify them of alerts, and no resource is difficult to get if you play enough. To me, it seems as if casual players are taking one look at this "problem" from only their perspective and jumping to a conclusion. Just because it was a difficult task for you, doesn't mean it actually was difficult.

Edited by RidoniaX

1 minute ago, RidoniaX said:

The way they've done it is just fine, the parts for Vauban are hard to get, and to even that out with Vauban Prime is make the resources hard to get. However, this is only the case for a casual player, as a more active player would be more likely be online at the time of a Vauban part alert, or have the app to notify them of alerts, and no resource is difficult to get if you play enough. To me, it seems as if casual players are taking one look at this "problem" from only their perspective and jumping to a conclusion. Just because it was a difficult task for you, doesn't mean it actually was difficult.

EXACTLY

I didn't find Vauben P to be overly hard to get when compared to other primes. Just a little more expensive, but even then I play enough to where it was not a problem. This game is not friendly to casuals and I'm not sure that it's set up to be. It is what it is. F2P

I've two answers. 

No.  Seriously no.  It took me a year to craft the original Boob. 

Yes.  Because people harping about building requirements bugs the crap out if me, and my usually quiet inner troll us rubbing his hands together like a bonobo about to go for a night out on the town.  

It wouldn't make much sense lorewise, but yes Vauban should be a requirement to build Vauban Prime. The entire reason DE made Vauban Prime's build cost high is because Vauban takes a long time to get and if the Prime version was easy to get there'd be no reason to use Vauban ever. I personally think that instead of 1 Orokin Cell to build all primes, that should be replaced with a Rank 30 normal version of the frame. It definitely seems like the way players SHOULD progress.

I think it would be nice to have an option to use Vauban parts instead of Nitain.  This means if a player gets lucky and gets a Vauban part alert they need to worry less about catching Nitain alerts.  Lore-wise it could be explained as salvaging special / rare materials - like how we recycle rare metals from old electronics and reuse them

3 hours ago, TheGuyverOne said:

Gating RNG behind more RNG? What do you think this is, the new star chart rework for the void?

Wait what? I thought U19 was being Timewall RNG with a paywall to purchase more RNG to use trade chat to then Grinf Tower 3 Survival keys and play them endlessly with only cores being rewarded. 

I see see what you did there ;)