The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Vauban be Required to Build Vauban Prime?

14 hours ago, Reitrahc said:

It wouldn't make much sense lorewise, but yes Vauban should be a requirement to build Vauban Prime. The entire reason DE made Vauban Prime's build cost high is because Vauban takes a long time to get and if the Prime version was easy to get there'd be no reason to use Vauban ever. I personally think that instead of 1 Orokin Cell to build all primes, that should be replaced with a Rank 30 normal version of the frame. It definitely seems like the way players SHOULD progress.

Well if you play a lot like myself, orokin cells aren't a problem, but it is a good idea. And lore wise, who the heck cares, de just writes the lore as they go, according to what fits there agenda.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

Well if you play a lot like myself, orokin cells aren't a problem, but it is a good idea. And lore wise, who the heck cares, de just writes the lore as they go, according to what fits there agenda.

Players who follow the lore closely care. You can't simply just change something in order to suit this agenda.

17 hours ago, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

...A prime should never be easier to get than its basic counterpart...

I had farmed, maxed, and 2 forma'd Ash P long before I had all the regular Ash parts.

But to answer your question: No, primes are supposed to be the first ones iirc according to lore.  It wouldn't make sense for the normal one to be a prerequisite for the prime.

1 hour ago, tizodd said:

I had farmed, maxed, and 2 forma'd Ash P long before I had all the regular Ash parts.

But to answer your question: No, primes are supposed to be the first ones iirc according to lore.  It wouldn't make sense for the normal one to be a prerequisite for the prime.

Lore doesn't matter, primes were around long before the lore was even a thing. Primes should come second, as they have distinct advantages to the regular frame, making the other frame obsolete, especially if the regular frame is harder to get.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

Lore doesn't matter, primes were around long before the lore was even a thing. Primes should come second, as they have distinct advantages to the regular frame, making the other frame obsolete, especially if the regular frame is harder to get.

Regular frames are failed attempts of recreating a prime frame, thus explaining the weaker stats. Do you really think DE would destroy the lore they created just to make prime frames harder to craft for NO REASON. Vauban P isn't hard enough to get? U

8 hours ago, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

I'm not suggesting this because I have Orokin Cell issues, I have hundreds of them. I'm suggesting it because it makes sense for progression purposes.

On 5/24/2016 at 5:47 PM, (PS4)MrJockStrap said:

Although I find that farming out the parts for Vauban prime are so much easier

Yeah, it's so easy, right?

Spoiler

Thumbnail_Small.PNG

IT'S JUST SO EASY I HAVE 2 SETS ALREADY LORD IT'S SO EASY

Edited by (XB1)SgtFunBun

Why not let this be an alternative with only 5 nitan and 3 argon ? why not give thoe who have a regular version of a frame give up the regular frame to have less headache . buuut this version of the BP is rare than VR on the first sentinel  kill in a match for farming them for the stance?

20 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Regular frames are failed attempts of recreating a prime frame, thus explaining the weaker stats. Do you really think DE would destroy the lore they created just to make prime frames harder to craft for NO REASON. Vauban P isn't hard enough to get? U

? I saw what T 4/3s mot of his parts are in and decided  nooope 

Looks at OP account creation date....

No thank you, you had no walls besides the already annoying rng to make normal Vauban (or anything on this game for that matter), be selfless enough to not impose it onto others coming behind you.

If you gonna aim so high with your Egonkor, at least do proper background check as to why is not required on the first place: LORE!

I dont see why the original design should need parts of its ripoff counter part in order to be built. It personally would not have affected me since I have extras laying around but I think it's a bit excessive and unnecessary time walls. I think most already agree that the current version of Vauban Prime is time consuming enough as he is.