Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #75!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, May 27th for Devstream #75! It is our 75th Devstream and we want to celebrate with more prizes than ever before!

Who: Rebecca is joined by Steve, Geoff, Scott and Sheldon!  

What: Join us for this milestone Stream – can you believe it has been 75 Warframe Devstreams? We're going to celebrate with enormous prizes! Now that we are 75 streams in – we are going to go back to every 'Devstream' forum thread and find some of the most popular questions and see how things have changed from the past to today. What huge questions remain unanswered? What has changed?

Prizes? Too many to list – we are going to be not only giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes, but also Prime Access Packs! Join the Devstream fun to learn more!

Where:  twitch.tv/Warframe!

When:  2 p.m ET on Friday, May 27th!

If you have an ol' question in mind, link it here - this thread closes at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 27th

P.S Love Warframe? Don't miss out on TennoCon 2016! Get your tickets at www.warframe.com/tennocon!

Will there be updates for old stances with only one or two combos (instead of three) in the near future?

Will Kubrows (and probably Kavats) see AI improvements? Also, will we get a way to command them ("Open that locker", "Attack that guy", "Come back", "Stay") in missions?

After Alloy Plates have been replaced with Ferrite as Void resource - any chance that the same will happen to Control Modules? I think the 10k I have by now will last for a while. Or could you please allow us to sell or discard surplus items (resources, planet nav segments, ...)?

While the new forum is all nice and shiny, could we please get a proper source editor instead of the WYSIWYG from hell?

Will we see more operator cosmetics in the future, possibly even from the syndicates?

When we got the Tenno Lab, you said that Vauban would move there eventually, too. What happened to that?

With Akstiletto Prime coming being here now, will we see Akimbo versions of other prime pistols (Lex Prime, Vasto Prime) as well? Because I'd love to have an AkLex Prime.

Edited by Bibliothekar
Wrong tense

Any chance of being able to color wraith and vandal weapons in the future? Also, most factions in Warframe seem to have an upgraded (wraith, prime, vandal) version of their weapons. Will this ever happen to the Infested? I've always wanted an upgraded Phage since it was the first weapon I ever invested or infested a catalyst and forma into. I would also say for the Sentient but since their only weapons are War and Broken-War that's a long way off.

In a Devstream at the start of 2015, you talked about Archwing Fomorian Sabotage missions being implemented as a much more commonly occurring thing, and how the entire community can pitch in materials to rebuild destroyed Relays. What ever happened to that?

Gratz on 75 devstreams!

Only have two questions that are somewhat connected for this devstream:

• Scott- do you think Nyx will receive a rework sooner or later in compared to the many other frames you will eventually work on over time. I feel she only needs slight changes to a couple of abilities as she's already quite powerful, and that her real issues lie in the question below, but I thought I'd ask (thanks btw these reworks are really helping refresh older content).
  • Would you guys consider going back through and improving the animation priority list (for lack of a better term) to fix a large number of minor issues caused by how they are currently ordered or how they currently operate. See the rest of the text below to see what I mean and how these questions are connected. 

There's a lot of frames that need reworks and I know ya'll (Scott :D) are working on them one at a time as you can- but I was wondering if you have any thought as to where Nyx is on that list- sooner or later. Nyx is powerful, but her abilities have a lot of issues. Most of these issues stem from other things making them obsolete- such as what Irradiating Disarm has done to Chaos- or simply underwhelming like Psychic Bolts.

The rest of the issues however- ALWAYS seem to stem from animation and status proc priority in the game as of now. For example- if someone is to cast chaos on a group of enemies, and then Loki uses radial disarm (note: without augment) afterwards- the enemies stop attacking each other completely. It's as if one status proc- disarmament- turns off the other. I will admit I haven't tested this in a couple months but I'm fairly sure it's still an issue. Many status procs seem to cancel each other out in this way as well, if you test around with various different procs (they seem to all be related to forcing enemy animations) I'm sure you can see what I'm mentioning.

Another example of this problem is common use of absorb- turning it on and then immediately off again if something dangerous gets in range to protect you for just that moment and knock stuff down to give you breathing room. The example is that if it's a heavy unit and it gets close- you can pop absorb up and it will start it's slam attack COMPLETELY preventing the absorb explosion from knocking it down. In this example it is very clear that one animation is preventing another one from being completed- and in some case this can be detrimental to gameplay due to which animation takes priority or prevents certain effects from being applied.

These "priority issues" appear in NUMEROUS other places affecting a variety of status procs, abilities, weapons, and general gameplay. It's a lot of little tiny things adding up to such a big issue that I honestly believe it's the number one thing causing Nyx to feel very underwhelming a lot of the time. I had tried playing her many times and I recognize just how powerful her abilities are, but I felt like something was strangely off and that despite that she SHOULD feel powerful- she just didn't. I think these animation and status proc priority issues are why.

Edited by Stratego89

1.) I know the option to retrieve a lens may not be in your plans, but will we ever have the option to completely delete a lens from an item. I would like to be able to play with different things without worrying about them acquiring focus for a school that i do not need any more.

2.) Can frost get some cloth physics love.

Same question as last devstream:

Will we ever be able to use the same mods on primary weapons and sentinel weapons? Because sacrificing one for the other is not only not feasable, but if you actually put the effort of ranking up copies of the mods you want to use, you won't be able to equip the copies 90% of the time due to a bug.

Also yay prices!

Edited by Darkwave1098