Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Passives, Volt, Mag & More!

[DE]Rebecca

My take on the passives in red

Ash: Bleed Procs dealt by Ash from any source are 25% deadlier and last 50% longer.

pretty cool since his shuriken and blade storm can cause bleeding. although i think shuriken should scale off secondary mods as well.

Banshee: All weapons are treated as silent.

this makes sense, however it seems loki would benefit more from this passive. banshee has a power that does this already, why make it the passive?

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

it would be nice if you can self proc the heat status by shooting her fireball directly at her feet with a reduced damage like the tonkor.

Hydroid: Every Melee Ground-Slam has a 50% chance to lure a Tentacle that will last 15 seconds.  

I think Hydroid is one of the frames that need multiple passives like mesa and inaros. He should probably have a spring speed increase when touching water and for a duration after he exits water, this current one, and probably a shorter duration of heat procs 

Limbo*: Holster Speed and Reload Speed is 50% faster while in the Rift, and movement speed increases by 10% while in the Rift.

i like this, if rift surge is removed for something else then he should get a damage buff when in the rift (probably not as strong as the rift surge buff)

Loki: 10x Wall-Cling duration!

again banshee's passive would be nice here, but the wall cling can be finicky sometimes with me. i barely use it as it is. 

Mag: Vacuum effect on every Bullet Jump.

she should be able to magnetize a small area when she bullet jumps. so she could potentially magnetize a small cluster of enemies by bullet jumping, fueling her other powers.

Nekros: Enemy death within 10 meters of Nekros regenerates a 5 Health.

Sounds awesome but the range seems off. it's practically melee range and 5 percent doesn't seem worth getting in an enemies face, Personally i would have made it so enemies killed near nekros can drop health orbs (psuedo-natural health orb drop to fuel health conversion?)

Nova: When Nova is down, she will knock down enemies in a 6 meter Radius.

is this when nova is knocked down or in a downed state? a bit confusing.

Nyx: Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ).

This is a bad one imo. this is literally saying "we messed up by making irradiating disarm, so lets take something from loki" nyx could have had any other passive and it would be good. i think a decent one would be to have her passively have a percent chance to afflict radiation on attack or when within proximity to nyx and have a 50% longer radiation duration.

Oberon: All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) within a 10 meter range of Oberon will become allies and fight for Oberon for 20 seconds.

Oberon is another that deserves more than one passive. He should also be able to shorten the duration of status ailments for himself and allies by 50% so instead of having a 5 second bleed or heat proc, it's 2.5 seconds.

Trinity: Revive fallen allies faster from further away.

she should have a built in rejuvenation mod as a passive as well. 

Vauban: Other Warframes within 10 meters give you 25% bonus armour.

Now the question is posed, does it stack per teammate? cause that could be a game changer. but he should get another passive as well since this one basically tells solo players to screw off. (maybe give the 25% bonus if you play solo?)

Volt: Physical ground-travel distance between attacks causes bonus Electrical damage on next attack

not sure how i feel about this one

I assume you've heard enough about the current frames' passives by this point. I find your note on the bottom interesting, about taking a look at the most broken of Warframe abilities. I'd imagine some abilities like Invisiblity, Exaulted Blade, the Mirage Disco Ball thing, Blessing, Energy Vampire, and possibly Snowglobe, Hysteria, Sonar, and MPrime will get looks. I think many of them should, but here's the thing:

You must take looks at many of the enemies alongside them. Try to do level 100 eximus sorties without the abilities above and ones like them, and see how frustrating they are. See how unfun it is to get sniped by a Ballista you didn't know was there, or to get killed by juggernaut spines that clearly missed you, or have all your enemy stolen by a Parasitic Eximus that is still a tile away, or get grappled by a scorpion that shot straight backwards. Point is, and @[DE]Rebecca I'm sure you encounter this a lot, many enemy attacks feel like they're out of our control to avoid despite being highly punishing.

Consider turning down enemy count and lowering the sortie requirements. Give Ballistas red dot sights so we can see where they're shooting. Either let us kill parasites to get the energy back or make them ranged enemies that have to damage us to get it. Give scorpions a cone they can hit us with. Stop Sappers from being able to deploy multiple rings at once. Prevent Bombard rockets and scorpion and ancient hooks from being able to keep tracking outside a 90 degree cone. Make toxic and magnetic Eximi melee enemies that cause their procs by hitting us, not just being around. Consider making Bursas more like the original concept. Bring back manics, but without the tackle kill. Use more manic bombards and hyenas.

Or don't. But in some way or form, give all the enemy factions a pass when you do so for the frames. Otherwise there are going to be a lot of understandably frustrated (along with the irrationally salty) players.

9 minutes ago, Spot. said:

Rather then a 'opt-in', I think there should be an 'opt-out' instead where you hold down the action key for a few seconds to deactivate the buff. This could also be used for leaving Limbo's banish rather then having to roll, which hinders you from using a mobility action.

Second comment, also this ^. If you're touching Limbo and are SET on it. You NEED to let cataclysm let us pick drops up, you NEED to let it pull consoles into the rift so we can hack them if we're both in a cataclysm, and you NEED to change the opt out from roll to something like backflip that people NEVER use. Roll is too important for mobility. I also agree that speed should not have an opt in but rather the same "backflip to opt out".

Just going to point out the bad ones.

So Oberon's Passive has to wait for more content that will likely be forgotten about? I can tell you for sure that Infested missions have no wildlife in theme.

Ember needs to be damaged to get the passive? I'm sorry, I'm too busy being a smart player to try and get hit.

Vauban's armor reliant on allies? You just gave a middle finger to solo players.

Questionable ones.

Mag gets a Vacuum on bullet jump? Willing to bet Carrier is more reliable; also, there goes any hope for universal vacuum of any kind.

Nova's range only implies that DE knows she was overly used in infested missions, because they are the only enemies that would get that close.

Nekros' only highlights that he doesn't belong in the front lines as the health regen rate will not beat damage rate, unless you use a nuke frame. Ironically, the distance is so small that you have to be in the frontlines. Good idea, questionable execution.

Limbo is somewhat nice, but I think we were all hoping for something more. Thankfully it is being actively addressed. Still, I think the team needs to just spend some allotted time to figure out what the heck they actually want Limbo to be.

Hydroid is now a walking lottery (generous one) for one tentacle. Is it actually going to start under an enemy or am I going to have to aim my ground slam. Secondy, I bet the tentacle would miss if I rocket an enemy with the Jat Kittag.

Ones I like.

Ash. More slash. Buff to him? Bleh, haters gonna hate. I play solo; not like I'm pissing anyone off by kill stealing in a game that only rewards who gets the most kills by saying "you got this many kills in an orange number" at the end of the mission. Besides, Braton Prime is gonna look saucy now.

Banshee with silent shotguns. Man I love it; but Silence needs to be addressed in response.

Loki. I like it because it doesn't overpower an already powerful frame, and it does fit his theme.

Trinity with better revive power. In a mess where you miss blessing by a millisecond it is appreciated.

Volts bonuses are nice; hoping it also adds to current corrosive or radiation damages.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

*And now Limbo:

If we can, we will make more changes to him by tomorrow (cue the coffee machine). His passive is really not something we believe puts him in a place we think is near final. We are considering replacing his 3 (Rift Surge) with something else. Stay tuned!

So Limbo has 1 and 2 abilities thas do nearly the same, but you decided to change the only one damage-buffing ability? Good job, DE!

Just now, apo86 said:

Genuine noob question, not trying to be snarky: What do you use wall latch for? I have never used it anywhere with any frame and I can't imagine how it would improve my experience if I did.

Well, it's not like you have to rely on a wall latch, but I use it on large tilesets to remain undetected it there isn't a cover that will hide me from thar amount of enemies.
There are also a couple of puzzles on moon spy missions that require a good technique of wall latch. But, if I had to find a good use for prolonged wall latch for Loki. I would say that maybe you could use with that arcane enhancement that gives you adition weapon damage while you are using wall latch. Or also, as it keeps you undetected because you are out of the FoV of the enemies, you could wall latch to refresh your invisibility and cast your abilities safer. (but that's really situational).

Oberon's passive is lackluster... He's an offensive support frame with his kit centered around the theme of being a paladin/druid. His passive shouldn't be limited by tileset and should have synergy with his abilities. For example, allies receive X% more from healing effects, every X seconds Oberon spawns a single smite orb that orbits him and is released when an enemy approached, or even enemies knockdown are knocked down for X seconds longer.

Volts shock doesnt even work most of the time at least for me because enemies dont even get stunned. 100% chance at shock proc, more like 20%.  Also I dont see why shock and burn procs dont open enemies up to finishers as they are left vulnerable while panicking. Mag's rework is great but Volt seems like he just got a band-aid. 

And Vauban :/ most disappointing passive imo, yes, more so than Oberons.  He doesnt have enough base armor for that buff to matter and only time people will be that close to each other is defense missions and probably not even then, idk about anyone else but I play him on more than just defense. Making enemy robotics turn friendly would be a better passive than the armor buff and even that is too limited. 

1 minute ago, Daruru said:

Volts shock doesnt even work most of the time at least for me because enemies dont even get stunned. 100% chance at shock proc, more like 20%.  Also I dont see why shock and burn procs dont open enemies up to finishers as they are left vulnerable while panicking. Mag's rework is great but Volt seems like he just got a band-aid. 

And Vauban :/ most disappointing passive imo, yes, more so than Oberons.  He doesnt have enough base armor for that buff to matter and only time people will be that close to each other is defense missions and probably not even then, idk about anyone else but I play him on more than just defense. Making enemy robotics turn friendly would be a better passive than the armor buff and even that is too limited. 

A 2 second stun and 50% less damage to only 5 chained enemies is nothing, 200 damage... "High damage" 

2 hours ago, -RIPD-Unduku said:

Thats not very good DE, if i use Mind Control i always try to get a Enemy with a big fat Weapon like a Bombard. Its a bad idea that i minimize my own power by disarming him. Maybe you can chage it to somtehing like this:

Enemies who was affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to lay down their weapon ( become disarmed ), after the powers Duration stopped.

Believe they said that its gonna work like that in the recent dev stream.

2 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

thank you oh so very very much for giving him the most worthless passive in the game! great for fighting only agaisnt one faction and only on lower level missions, ones so easy you can sleep through them and still win.

Seriously DE how was this a good idea? I thought you guys were getting away from frames being only useful against singular factions (case in point the mag rework)

This was probably stated along the way but I think there might be some misinterpretation.  " All wildlife (neutral or enemy faction) ".  If I'm understanding that right that means kavats brought out by kavat masters will fight for oberon for 20 seconds when they get in range of him.  Same with Drahk being spawned from Drahk masters.  That's in addition to feral wildlife which they are saying may increase.  Ultimately I'm not sure how it will play out in the longrun but this doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought so long as I'm understanding their meaning.

2 hours ago, residente said:

Nekros: stats are just too small. 5 health is nothing and you now it, and 10 metters means near melee range to get any benefit from that. And Nekros is not the kind of warframe that would go close range aginst his enemies.

Health Conversion makes Nekros as durable as max armor Valkyr. 5 health per kill is perfect for my Despoil Tankros build. Anymore than that, and his ability to perpetually renew 1350 armor (totaling 1415) would be compromised.

I agree with @Archwizard's assessment of Crush. As is, it's just a panic button. If it doesn't kill (which it won't vs anything but Corpus) then it really only gives the squad a brief moment to catch their breath... leaving the murderation to allies. With that in mind, I would prefer Crush's CC properties be emphasized, rather than its damage. Make it "catch" enemies affected by both Pull and Magnetize. Because currently, yoink'd enemies fly straight through Crush's AOE.

Also, can Mesa get a little love for Ballistic Battery? It's useless on automatic weapons and Peacemaker. Would be nice if the effect lasted one second, rather than applying to only one shot. It would still be more effective on most semi-auto weapons, but it wouldn't be otherwise useless. If you're feeling really generous, you could make that one second scale with duration.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

19 minutes ago, R34LM said:

Just going to point out the bad ones.

So Oberon's Passive has to wait for more content that will likely be forgotten about? I can tell you for sure that Infested missions have no wildlife in theme.

Infested missions have Kavats actually, the only faction without wildlife is the Corpus

Love many of these changes. I am very glad Limbo is getting more attention since his inception and release, as the void magician is in need of changes to make him a more popular choice. I can't wait to see his new 3rd power, but don't push yourselves too hard tonight (or I will have Equinox make you Rest and Ivara to make you Sleep!)

Good to see the direction you'll be going after this. Mirage mapwide stun and Blind (and other culprits) do need addressing to make gameplay less mindnumbing.

WHERE IS CHROMA'S PASSIVE?

Do you really believe a basic function of the frame qualifies as a Passive, DE? Equinox shares the same trait but lo and behold, she get's a passive.

I hope his absence means that you haven't thought his up yet rather than he is not getting one at all.

How come chroma didn't get a passive? Equinox has a "energy color changes state" ability and a equilibrium passive, why doesn't chroma get passive elemental resistance based on his energy color, you know something that can actually be useful in mission beyond his powers.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mag's role as a one-trick Corpus pony is controversially discussed. The emergence of high-level Corpus Sorties projected the spotlight on her, and we decided to approach her revision in a way that simply makes all her abilities more engaging in more places.

Funny how the devs were content to let her rot as a one-trick pony that rarely saw serious play until the emergence of high-level Corpus Sorties. You know, a place where she was able to make considerable - arguably too considerable - contributions to the team performance. In other words, it's okay to let her be worthless, but as soon as she looks as if she might shine too bright -- well, it's time to give her a revamp that will put an end to that.

I mean, I'm happy she's getting an overhaul, and I'm looking forward to playing with her, but I find it really saddening that *this* was the reason that prompted it, and not the legions of players that lamented her underwhelming performance. The point is re-emphasized at the end:

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then we move on to bigger Warframe reviews – this includes a detailed look at things that trivializes all content to an extreme.

Overjoyed about the Mesa changes. The Shooting Gallery one really needed to happen. Good on you, folks. 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ember: Receiving a Heat Status effect will regenerate energy for the duration of the Status effect (10 energy per second) and increase Power Strength by 35%.

poor ember, gonna go ahead and pretend embers not getting a passive